the Rift

[OPEN] !! Face Up [Herb Garden]

Ruske Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ruske;;
above all, do no harm.

I had never considered myself a particularly stealthy beast, but as Resplendence flinched in response to my voice, I bit back the urge to wince. My eyes crept over the nervous quiver of her small frame; my head lowered – apologetic. Carefully, I kept the long, knotted spiral of my horn cocked away. Had she bad experiences with unicorns? With stallions? Or was she merely flighty? I knew so little... resigned to observing for the moment, I returned my attention to the patch of earth and weeds.

A garden.

She continued to defy my hopes – or perhaps the word is truly exceed. Though she stood smaller than myself, and perhaps more easily frightened, I felt awe blooming in my mind. Medicine – science – is strange in that way. It flourishes under the attention of labor which leaves little trace upon the body. I had never guessed, before, how well-organized my new herd might be – in shambles or not. "You are rebuilding." I nodded. Obviously the weight of destruction wore heavy on her; it gleamed a little sadly in her eyes, hung in dilapidated curves around her smile. I understood that pain – but not the essence of rebirth, as she seemed to. I had only ever mastered the art of running away.

As she ducked her head to pluck another weed, I stepped forward. Two in tandem would accelerate the work – and work might present an opportunity to converse more candidly than mere awkward conversation. I grasped the nearest of the plants at its base and tore up, showers of dirt tumbling from my lips – inelegant, but effective. I tossed the detritus away before turning back to the mare. "Offering assistance to one who aided me," I supposed, my tone more than a little wry. "In all honesty, I’m glad to have found you. I was only wandering, feeling rather useless." I shuffled forward to tear up a few more weeds, the taste bitter on my tongue. "But it seems there is more than enough for one to do, if one manages to find it…" I paused then, mulling over the next statement. It brought to mind a darkness too familiar – another land, overtaken by despair. I failed to hide the frown growing, however briefly, over my face. "I am sorry to hear… what happened. My previous home was also stricken by disaster, sometime ago…" With a shake of my head, I dismissed the unhappy notion. "No doubt Evangeline has told you."

Messages In This Thread
!! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Resplendence - 04-28-2014, 09:19 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Ruske - 04-28-2014, 10:31 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Resplendence - 04-28-2014, 11:14 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Ruske - 04-28-2014, 11:36 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Brisa - 04-29-2014, 03:17 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Resplendence - 05-03-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Ruske - 05-04-2014, 08:44 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Brisa - 05-04-2014, 09:23 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Resplendence - 05-16-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Ruske - 06-08-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: !! Face Up [Herb Garden] - by Brisa - 06-09-2014, 02:41 PM