the Rift

Is this the reality or just another fantasy.

Delsolea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Delsolea
So long ago, when she had been younger, she had once danced with danger and run with her siblings, rejoicing in being alive. She had never truly experience the world, and always had been able to flee. It had been a fun game to taunt another and then evade them without hesitation, yet being on Nocturne changed it. She had learnt, and not in a good manner, that not everyone was going to be upfront, not everyone was trustworthy. Her limits had been pushed and Delsolea left that place, changed, cold and despising Saphrax with a vicious thought. He had run, run from her and his children, and so had she in the end. She would not be around reminders of the mistakes she had made.

At least Dahmer had made it a little better in the meantime. She had left them all in the end, still looking for where it was she belonged. Ausus had not been a fruitful place, yielding her nothing and leaving her wanting.

She was barely paying attention where she was going now. Her strides were medium length as she walked, her feathered wings bobbing slightly as she moved. The air seemed to become heavier, dense and thick with new scents and a strange current moving on the breeze, yet all it did was place her on guard. Where once she would have rejoiced and immediately sought out the others to join, she now skirted the edges and wound up in the thick forest. The border, the edge of this place; this was nothing like she had been before. Not even Nocturne, for how much like hell it had been.

Coming to a halt and standing with her head raised, Delsolea looked out around her. With green eyes narrowed and scrutinising, she wondered what lay hidden here – and what it would bring, what this strange new place she had found herself in, would show to her.
html by russell for nikkayla <3

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

Harks flicking, she made her way into the Threshold, aware and alert of her surroundings with every step she took. Coming to a halt, she tipped her head slightly, swiveling her lobes. Soon, the sounds of hoofsteps reaches her senses, and a small smile floats over her harks. Readying herself for a meeting, she shakes herself, tassels cascading down her forehead as she becomes steady, calling out in a loud nicker to announce herself, even though she is still a few tens of strides away. 

Making up the distance with a swift trot, she soon comes across a mare that stuns been with her beauty. White striped legs, a deep red hue on her pelt, dotted with white spots, her barrel stradled with beautiful red wings. Her lips curled into a welcoming smile. The girl was one like she had never seen before. Beauty and grace. This lady would make a magnificent addition to the family. "Greetings, I am Abishia.  I welcome you to Helovia. " She sweepstakes her gaze around the forest with a large smile. She was proud of her home, her native land. Those that came here where lucky to stumble across this gem, trimmed by the dense forest of the Thresh."You are in the Threshold as of now. The transition into a region filled with differing lands, and four main herds, The Falls, The World's Edge, The Dragons Throat, and the Aurora Basin."  She nodded, finishing her sentence with assurance in her tone. She has to hold back from immediately throwing out an offer to come to the Falls. Although the pressure is high, Abishia remains light, patiently waiting for a response from the newcomer. 

@[Delsolea]

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Unregistered
Delsolea
Delsolea’s peace was soon interrupted, the presence of another engaging her senses and causing her to pop her head around with eyes narrowed – this time, not scrutinising. There was suspicion laced in every facet of her body language, from her ears laying back on her head to her muscles tensing. Experience had taught her a harsh lesson when she was years younger, and now she was more careful in how she greeted strangers. She gave them the cold shoulder – and nothing was different now, as this painted mare appeared before her with a greeting and gentle words.

As far as she was concerned, words were wind. Nothing more – deeds were different.

The maroon woman lifted her head back and squared her stance, opening her wings a fraction to make her slender frame appear larger. Her nostrils flared wide as she inhaled the new scent of the stranger, this Abishia, and yet Delsolea did not respond right away when the other had stopped speaking.

At least she offered information, and in turn, all she could do was be polite without inviting anything further.

“Thanks for the welcome then, I guess. I’m Delsolea,” she said, her voice not entirely cold but nothing really friendly about it. Those who presented as so friendly and lovely to her face made her all the more weary.

“Your scent is one I smelt before. I take it you lurk here a lot,” she says, attempting to bridge the gap but knowing for now, it was all she could do. With cold green eyes, Delsolea continued to watch her – always watching for a threat, a signal of something more sinister.

html by russell for nikkayla <3 - image by tamme here

@[Abishia]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Aurelia
Keep your head up, keep your heart strong.

"talk talk talk"

Oh, The Threshold.

This place is quite over-used. This is the only entrance to Helovia if you cannot fly, and even pegasi come through here. Like today, there is a pegasi and and a unicorn. Of course, this unicorn.. well, I've seen her around quite a lot. When I met Drae, the Blue Stallion, and I'e probably seen her other times, too. Does she think I follow her around? I wouldn't be surprised if she thought I did, but I don't. I see them before they see me, and I use this to my advantage. I watch them for a few seconds, hidden in the shadows, blending in, I am like spy.

Abishia introduces herself and tells the mare where she is, but he mare seems anything, but enthusiastic about meeting the cow-colored unicorn. “Thanks for the welcome then, I guess. I’m Delsolea,” Delsolea better perk up, because not everyone is nice here. Luckily, she ran into Abishia and not Tyradon the Racist. The large stallion covered in ebony would have chewed her up and swallowed her before she took hr first real breath while on Helovian soil. That stallion-- well, he's quite scary, but I'm not afraid to stand up to him. He's a big bully, and I only stood up for myself in the protection of the Earth God.

I step out of the shadows and slink towards them. Then, I join their conversation. "Abishia, long time no see?" I comment in a sarcastic tone, for we have very recently run into each other at the Frozen Arch. "Delsolea, I am Aurelia, a World's Edge Philosopher. If you care for a home, I can offer mine. The World's Edge is a kind all species friendly herd. We reside in a forest with a beautiful cliff that pegasi, like me, like to jump off of and fly around." I smile at the image of my child-like self flying around, my home close to me. I love the Edge, and maybe this mare wants to be in a happy home.

"You could always join the Aurora Basin, but they are racist.. so you'll have a heck of a lot of trouble getting in. The Hidden Falls is filled with members from a group called the Asylum. Those members all have some sort of mental problem, hence 'The Asylum'. The Dragon's Throat is a beautiful desert, and it gets hot, but nice horses there, too." Analyzing the herds now, I realize that the World's Edge has the least amount of problems. All the lands are beautiful, but the horses residing in some of them aren't.

Hopefully, this mare will make the right choice, or she may be stuck with her decision forever. I am curious to see which herd she'll join, if any. I was an outcast for some time, and I didn't like it all that much. Fending for myself wasn't my forte, but maybe it's this mare's forte. Who knows, right?

ooc:; Aurelia here is offering Delsolea a home in the World's Edge.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Unregistered
delsolea
the static on your arm - it is the catalyst
When another arrives, this time one winged like her but pale with gleaming golden markings and brilliant eyes, Delsolea merely watches with no change in her stance, no relaxing in her body language. There was a confidence that was rather different to the painted girl in this pegasus, she noted, though she did not say anything as the other spoke. Her greeting to the paint was rather odd, she had expected her to be kinder but there was a sarcastic lilt to her voice; Delsolea felt a slight change in her mood towards the other pegasus.

She speaks of the lands, going into further detail other than what Abishia did. Her name, Aurelia, sticks into her mind and she knows she won’t forget it easily; she had always been good with names. However, the invitation to a herd made the part of her that was weary flare up strongly, so Delsolea merely tilted her head towards Aurelia, her green eyes alight.

“It rather sounds like I have come to an interesting please then,” she states, her eyes looking to Abishia for a moment, then back to the other.

After a moment of silence, Delsolea says to Aurelia, “Last time I followed another home, to what I thought would be a good home, I ended up miserable, crushed. Stuck somewhere I was unable to get away from, with someone who’d I’d rather like to see stuck as a woman for a while. Though this is a new land, I learnt my lesson….” she says, opening up slightly as to why she was so short with the pair before her.

“While I will not believe any guarantee you could make to me, I am curious. Tell me, what else drew you to this World’s Edge?” She asks Aurelia now. She needs to know more… though she is indeed curious now, some of the cold energy leaving her as she speaks.
image by tamme <3

baylee

Aurelia
Keep your head up, keep your heart strong.

"talk talk talk"

“It rather sounds like I have come to an interesting please then,” My expression is kind, and does not change. I can tell this mare isn't from here. She speaks differently than most Helovian residents, and perhaps she acts differently, too. I am almost sure she is colored differently. I can almost feel the jealousy run through my veins. She has a beautiful reddish-colored coat with a frosty many and tail. Along with that, she has unique stripe-like markings on her face and legs. White splotches dot her underbelly and neck. Perhaps there are more markings under her red wings, but they are hidden from my view. I am not jealous of her speech. I do not understand what she has said, and was it directed to Abishia or me? An interesting please... Does she think I am begging her? Pleading her?

Being young and confused, I decide to hold my tongue and not reply to that remark. Luckily, she says more. By doing this, it prevents this conversation from becoming awkward. “Last time I followed another home, to what I thought would be a good home, I ended up miserable, crushed. Stuck somewhere I was unable to get away from, with someone who’d I’d rather like to see stuck as a woman for a while. Though this is a new land, I learnt my lesson….” I smile kindly at her, reaching my snout forward to touch her right shoulder. Maybe I am overly friendly, but Kahlua the Queen did this to me and it made me feel welcomed and loved. I do it to Delsolea to give her support. "I know your pain, Delsolea. This world can indeed be cruel, but don't let one idiot decide your life for you. I will not force you to come to home, and I won't force you to do whatever you do not want to do." I pause for a moment, retracting my muzzle away from it's reached out position. I try to make eye contact with her, so she knows I am serious when I say this. "You said it yourself, this is a new land. The horses, opportunities, and experiences will be new here. If you run into a few bastards, you'll have friends to back you up. If your join a herd, then you'll have an entire herd to back you up." I am serious when I say this. The herds and their members are like family. Family protects family. This is something I learnt when I joined the World's Edge.

“While I will not believe any guarantee you could make to me, I am curious. Tell me, what else drew you to this World’s Edge?” This is a question I've been dying to be asked. Instantly, my mood changes from sad and sober for the mare, to excited and giddy to be talking about my herd. "I actually have friends in my herd. I was an outcast for some time and it was horrible. Maybe you'd like it, but to me.. It was a scary world. In my herd, I've been supported by many and have gotten the chance to actually make a name for myself. The leaders are approachable and kind, but aren't afraid to fight a horse to keep the herd safe. They usually ask for the herd's opinion before making any large decisions. Everything is thought out before it is put into action. I love it like this. I am free and protected..." I take a breath, swallow, and allow my smile to grow. "What else is there to want?"

ooc:; Aurelia here is offering Delsolea a home in the World's Edge.

baylee
Bump? @[Delsolea]

Unregistered
delsolea
the static on your arm - it is the catalyst
Abishia remained somewhat silent she noticed. Delsolea cocked her head to look at her, wondering why she had even come over if she wasn’t going to contribute further. Giving it no further thought as Aurelia began to speak, the maroon woman tilted her head back as her green eyes settled on her. She may have said the wrong thing, it seemed, as she noted the change in her body language for a moment. Letting it go though, Delsolea didn’t recoil away when she leant in to touch her lightly.

Under different circumstances, it would have yielded a snort, ears back and teeth bore in warning but there was no harm in it. Aside from a slight tensing across her body, keeping her wings tucked up to her sides as tight as she could, there was little else shown by the pegasus in fear – because it was fear, though it came out as hostility and violence. There was no need for it now and she tilted her head down, exhaling lightly.

“A new opportunity. I haven’t had one of those in a long time, especially of this variety,” she says in a quieter voice, peering around at her new surroundings.

Her gaze then turns back to Aurelia as she listens to why she chose the Edge, why it had brought her there. She spoke of how being an outcast scared her – while Delsolea believed it for her, she had grown to like herself, her silence, and her company. Though there was safety in numbers, the last time that had not worked out well enough. She got the feeling that it was very different here.

There was more that was intriguing to say the least, so Delsolea thought for a moment longer. Perhaps there was no harm in it; a place to call home, a true home. She could see if it was for her at least, and if it was it would be all the better.

“Thank you for telling me all that, Aurelia. It is … calming, more than anything else for me… though I get the feeling of it all from your voice alone,” she says, an actual small smile appearing on her face for the first time.

“Might you lead the way?”

[ooc] sorry i've been busy <3 also i meant to say place not please in that last post of mine, silly me <33 sorry about that! hehe.
image by tamme <3