the Rift

[OPEN] In the light of the glow worms.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

The silver dragon watched the white one approach and puff smoke, and the elder royal smiled in a funny way - he had learned that from Comadre. In response, he let out a short flurry of ice and arcing electricity, arching his red-tipped spines. She rubbed against his chest, and he had a hard time separating her femininity and her age. Still he sat and let her, finding it pleasant to be in the company of his own kind.

Tinek was the first to spy the interloper. His red eyes caught her movement from where he perched, and he chuffed a cloud of frost that turned the moss around his talons to ice. The dragon looked over at the pale one, indicating that she should pay keen attention as well, protect her bond-mate from any harm. Like a predator, the silver beast snaked around through the shadows, keeping low and keeping Ophelia informed with short bursts of mental projections.

Ophelia watched the boy as he tumbled forward, a kind smile on her lips as she explained his dragon's actions. He introduced himself, and her dual colored eyes widened in surprise. She knew both of those names, but she found it rather interesting that they had ended up together. Ophelia had traveled to the Edge with Circe and to the Basin with Archibald, and Circe's presence had been much more... amenable. Her father had spoken so highly of Archibald, but Ophelia struggled to see him as anything but a hot-headed warrior. As one who appreciated the subtle arts of manipulation, his bull-in-a-china-shop methods were frustrating to lead.

As he stared, she waited patiently, unperturbed by his actions. She gazed over him as well, seeing the strength of his father in his body, but the cunning of his mother in his eyes. He seemed to be the best of that cross, powerful, with a horn, and armed with a white dragon. Honestly, he reminded her of herself, once upon a time. She, the daughter of a warlord and a peacekeeper.

His questions broke the silence.

"My father once lead your father, and then I did after him," she replied, smiling. Her words were anything but arrogant. The tone was tinged with sadness, not pride. "Your mother was in my herd as well. I am Ophelia the Forsaken, daughter of Paladin the Valiant and Soleil the Virtuous, and I am pleased to meet you, Abraham," she said, her voice like chimes and genuinely interested. She wondered if Archibald had called her a deserter to his children after she left? Hm... how interesting stories look from two sides. Still, she had abandoned her sister down the path Ktulu had paved for them in blood.

Tinek's visions flashed in her mind, and she looked up, ears tilting, alert. When Abraham turned to stand next to her, their bodies parallel, she shifted to be slightly in front of him. Ophelia was not of the belief that he could not take care of himself, only that youth were the future, and it would be best if she die instead of him, his life not yet even lived.

Suddenly, like a flipped switch, the Forsaken's expression turned to ice. Once soft, strange eyes were hardened, glinting with madness in the red and malice in the blue. Every line of her lithe figure was coiled for action, neck proud and tall. She was a frost queen, a manipulator of minds, mercenary, thief... And every ounce of those bad choices was written in this seemingly dual persona. "What. Do you. Want.?" she asked, words pointed as her chime-like voice was bathed in acid, a dangerous femme. Paladin's daughter.

Tinek circled around the back, opening his toothy jaws and exhaling ice, and Ophelia was fully prepared to use her magic, to make her forget - forget everything.

Credits: Image by Del-Rae @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
In the light of the glow worms. - by Ophelia - 05-02-2014, 02:14 PM
RE: In the light of the glow worms. - by Abraham - 05-02-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: In the light of the glow worms. - by Ophelia - 05-04-2014, 01:51 PM
RE: In the light of the glow worms. - by Abishia - 05-06-2014, 08:41 PM
RE: In the light of the glow worms. - by Abraham - 05-21-2014, 03:08 PM
RE: In the light of the glow worms. - by Ophelia - 05-27-2014, 11:22 PM