[PRIVATE] my shangri-la
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
OPHELIA
A lifeless face that you'll soon forget

Vadim's words caught her completely off guard, and she had to stop to consider what he was saying. Had she done with Soleil had done with her and the boys? Ophelia's brows furrowed over her eyes for a moment, and she paused. Soleil had always been where her father was though, and he could be found in any free herd with an active military. When he had not joined the Grey and mother had, she was only partially surprised. Paladin was a fighter for rights and freedom, not worldly possessions; he was honorable in that way.

"Maybe..." she trailed quietly. "But I always knew where mother was, in a way. If she was not with father, she was somewhere nearby, and if I needed her I knew where to look," she said quietly. "If I had been more like mother, more predictable, then perhaps I would be a better parent. When I left, I went north, into the mountains. I am sure no one knew to look for me there..." she trailed, frowning. And even if they did, the odds of finding her in the snowfields and caves were slim.

Ophelia nodded when he explained about his interesting, shifting companion. "One day, she could possibly learn our language and speak with you in your head," she said quietly, smiling. "Tinek learned rather quickly, and now we speak comfortably, though he still struggles some with the intricacies of grammar."

Tinek watched as the white cat-deer-thing approached, paw outstretched toward his spiny nose. The dragon frowned, face grim. He had grown wiser and harder over the years with Ophelia. So when the paw reaches out and touches his face, he blinks, red eyes narrowing slightly when she ran away. But, this was an interesting creature he respected, so Tinek stood tall, watching. This companion needed to learn to be a better protector. Tinek stood on four legs, jumping to the side of Vadim and using his tail to balance before taking off into the sky.

Phi smiles. "I love Ktulu," she said. "She is powerful, strong, compassionate, and everything that I am not," she murmured quietly. "She has captured the heart of the God of the Earth and the heart of Midas, a strong leader. We are all the other has, really, but she is much better at being an asset to those around her."

Ah, so the companion was still young. Ophelia nodded. "Be with her when she grows," she suggested kindly. "One day, her voice will be so strong within your soul that you cannot imagine being whole without her there, and as scary as that thought may be now, you'll realize how beautiful it is to not have to be alone anymore."

Image by Twistyh-stock @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
my shangri-la - by Vadim - 05-03-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: my shangri-la - by Ophelia - 05-06-2014, 02:44 PM
RE: my shangri-la - by Vadim - 05-06-2014, 10:13 PM
RE: my shangri-la - by Ophelia - 05-07-2014, 11:00 AM
RE: my shangri-la - by Vadim - 05-07-2014, 06:25 PM
RE: my shangri-la - by Ophelia - 05-13-2014, 08:57 PM
RE: my shangri-la - by Vadim - 05-14-2014, 06:23 PM
RE: my shangri-la - by ali - 06-22-2014, 07:40 PM
RE: my shangri-la - by Ophelia - 06-27-2014, 01:08 PM