[PRIVATE] my shangri-la
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
OPHELIA
A lifeless face that you'll soon forget

Ophelia relaxed in her stance, watching her younger brother curiously. Without the devious Varath at his shoulder, he seemed much more controlled and reserved. Perhaps he had always lived in his darker twin's shadow and she had never noticed. Vadim asked appropriate question that showed interest, but he was also not pushy, which she appreciated very much. "Roskuld," she murmured with an affectionate sadness, a longing more sorrowful than the lonely cry of a wolf. The white mare frowns at his 'why' and looks away, unable to make eye contact as she speaks her guilt.

"Because I am a poor excuse for a mother," she said quietly. Once she was weaned, I let her go out on her own and then left the herd. I did not realize until too late that she would not have been able to find me. Better, perhaps, that she find a stable family, a consistent mother." Verbalizing her sin was not easy. Admitting fault was not the problem, as she knew she had many - more than most. Admitting aloud that she had abandoned her daughter though made it all the more real, not just something she hated herself about in her own mind.

Ophelia watched as the elk suddenly shifted, her eyes widening and betraying her awe. He was in possession of a shape-shifter, an incredibly powerful creature. She had nightmares about these creatures, and here was one, curling itself around her brother. The white mare suddenly lifted her gaze to his once more, blinking her strange, dual colored eyes. "She is...incredibly unique, powerful," Ophelia complimented, looking at her again. "Can you hear her thoughts, her feelings?" Was the bond the same then? Even with one who held no true form of their own?

Tinek, interested, landed nearby, his weight and bulk depressing the grass underneath his claws. Once, he was a little flying fish, but now, he is more like a cannon. The dragon approached the feline, just as confused about how it was just an elk. Hearing his name spoken, the dragon looked up at the boy, Ophelia's brother and sat, listening with curiosity.

"He is just over a year old," she replied. "Our sister, Ktulu, earned him for me from a riddle-giving river woman. Now, I cannot imagine my life without him. He is a part of my every thought and feeling." Ophelia smiled sweetly at her dragon, making eye contact with his tender, crimson eyes. "He seems to be very interested in Vlasi. How old is she?"

Image by Twistyh-stock @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
my shangri-la - by Vadim - 05-03-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: my shangri-la - by Ophelia - 05-06-2014, 02:44 PM
RE: my shangri-la - by Vadim - 05-06-2014, 10:13 PM
RE: my shangri-la - by Ophelia - 05-07-2014, 11:00 AM
RE: my shangri-la - by Vadim - 05-07-2014, 06:25 PM
RE: my shangri-la - by Ophelia - 05-13-2014, 08:57 PM
RE: my shangri-la - by Vadim - 05-14-2014, 06:23 PM
RE: my shangri-la - by ali - 06-22-2014, 07:40 PM
RE: my shangri-la - by Ophelia - 06-27-2014, 01:08 PM