the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Waiting for a Friend [Eva]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
RES && VAL
Time to gather more herbs. Now that most of the herb garden had been cleared of weeds the Edge needed more herbs to actually fill up the rows that had been created. Resplendence's tiny frame had been out in a gallop, heading towards the meadow for the young herbs that had to be in it.

Valiance flew out ahead and scouted for horses he didn't recognize. And, once satisfied that the area was not dangerous he circled back around and tugged on her long tresses to get her into that safe spot.

Once Valiance was satisfied where Res was standing, Resplendence got to work, scouring for herbs that were viable to place in the basket Kahlua was so lovely in allowing her to borrow it. She wasn't sure how much she'd be able to find - but she was determined to find something. After all. She needed more herbs to continue to grow it all. She just had to. If someone was injured and Aly and her were predisposed they needed the herbs to ensure that they got some form of help until they could arrive.

It was a necessity, and so she searched harder. She searched until she stumbled across a grouping. of Shepherd's Purse. Carefully, she began to pull each one out, one by one, and place it inside Kahlua's basket so that way they crush each other. And, once she had about twelve she began to start looking for different herbs elsewhere.

Meanwhile, Valiance continued to circle around the meadow - standing watch over all of Resplendence's actions and prepared to attack anyone who came into his territory (and yes, Resplendence was still attempting to train that out of him. Unfortunately, the young one was beyond stubborn).

@[Evangeline]
Permission to use Kahlua's basket ;3
HealeR
world's edge
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
EVANGELINE
&
TALLIS
"What are we doing?"

"I'm walking." Evangeline answered, her head turning to so she could look at the dragon that was sitting in the middle of her back. "You're being lazy and riding instead of flying." The corner of Eva's mouth tilted upward and Tallis rolled his eyes at his bonded's jest. "Always fly." He replied. "Tired now. You carry me like good Eva." The orange mare's smile grew and she shook her head, thinking to herself that the dragon rode on her back more often than he flew. She didn't mind, though. If he decided one day that he never wanted to fly again she would carry him around until she was no longer able to walk.

Their walk continued in silence for several minutes before Evangeline felt Tallis shift and become more alert. When she glanced back at him he was looking up toward the sky. "What is it?" She asked before lifting her own gaze to the sky. Her own eyesight was not nearly as sharp as Tallis' and that along with the sunlight kept her from seeing the red dragon. "Tallis?" Her gaze was on him again as he positioned himself to take flight should the need arise.

"Dragon." Tallis replied. "Young. Red. Male."

"I wonder if he's bonded..." Eva murmured as she began to search the meadow for anyone who might claim the young dragon. In the distance she spotted Resplendence, whom she recognized from the Edge. "Oh!" She said suddenly. "He must be Resplendence's..." She vaguely remembered a red dragon from when Ruske was being healed, but she had been so concerned with her friend she'd paid very little attention to anyone else there. If the dragon did belong to Resplendence she was sure that he posed no threat to her and Tallis, but even though she informed the orange dragon of her opinion he still remained alert.

"Resplendence!" Evangeline called out to the healer as she walked toward her. "What are you doing so far from the Edge?" The same question could be asked of her, but Eva couldn't ever remember seeing the healer leave their herd land.

"."

PhilosopheR
world's edge
Image Credit

RES && VAL
Resplendence glanced up as she heard her name. Valiance, circling lower and swinging up to land upon Res's poll. "Evangeline!" she responded, calling out in minor shock as the mare pulled up near her.

Carefully, she placed the last Shepherd's Purse into Kahlua's basket before peering back up at the mare who was now asking why Res was so far away from the Edge. Gentle eyes glance up to meet Eva's before she allows her voice to attempt to emerge. "He-herbs. We need more..." a break, nervous tick. "We used up almost everything in the caves... the g-garden was d-destroyed..."

Body shifting, and moving off to the side, she glances and begins to pull even more Shepherd's Purse again. Valiance, taking off from her withers and moving in to inspect the orange dragon upon Eva's back. It was as if he was amazed that there was another of his kind. That and, amused with his existence. Res, after depositing her mouthful of herbs in the basket, managed to speak up as well. "I-I think h-he's amazed that th-there's another l-like him..." she explained, eyes not meeting Eva's as she spoke.

She needed to get over these nerves. But, she didn't know how. So, instead, she made herself as small as possible to ensure that she was not ever put in a situation that she had to be attacked. Eva wouldn't attack her though? She didn't think she would.

It didn't matter. Nothing, so it seemed, could make her feel comfortable.

Perhaps it was just because she hadn't seen Quil in a while - because she hadn't seen her knight and she didn't know what was safe...
HealeR
world's edge
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Outcast
Evangeline the Pure

Any doubt Evangeline might have had about the red dragon being bonded vanished as he landed on the healer's poll. As she walked closer her own dragon moved from his resting place on her back to her neck, head lifted so he could peer at the mare and dragon from between his bonded's ears. Tallis' tail twitched back and forth as he watched the younger dragon warily. While he was aware of Resplendence being a friend he did not know her dragon's temperament. Sometimes younger companions tended to be overly protective and aggressive and he wanted to be sure that he was ready to act if the younger red acted with any aggression.

Eva gave a nod of her head as the healer explained why she was so far from the Edge. It was quite the hassle that not all of the herbs they needed grew in their own borders and what they had been growing was destroyed. "We'll rebuild." She assured Resplendence. It would take some time but from what she had seen the Edge was made up of a hardy group of individuals. They wouldn't stay down for long.

Tallis shifted again, more of his weight going to Eva's head as he stretched out as far as he could to sniff and look at Resplendence's dragon. The other mare stuttered that her dragon was amazed to see another like him and Evangeline frowned. "You don't have to be scared of me." She murmured, frowning faintly. "You healed someone very dear to me. For that I am in your debt." Perhaps one day she'd even be able to call the quiet healer a friend. "Do you need any help?"

"."

Credits

She shuffled her limbs, keeping her stance small and delicate. She spoke of how the garden was destroyed, how they didn't have many herbs to work with at the moment, and then glanced to the dozen Shepherd's purse in the basket Kahlua allowed her to use for his excursion. The other mare said that they would rebuild, and it was all Res could do to swallow and nod.

The garden was her strength - it was her only purpose in this entire herd. They would have lived without her, without this, but she made life a little easier. Even if it was the only thing she could accomplish. A weak whisper escaped her maw, "It's the only thing I can give... and it is ruined..." She wasn't strong, she wasn't brave, she was afraid of the mists if they moved too much. All she could do was tend to that garden, try to make it better.

She allows stuttered words to escape her mouth, about Valiance being amazed to see another like him, and the mare was frowning. Mild panic set through her system before she glanced up, getting told that she didn't have to be afraid of her. That Evangeline was, in fact, in her debt.

Uncertain words slip from her mouth, "It-it's my job, ma'am. If it were your job you would have done the same..." She swallows before meeting her eyes when the next question falls from the mare's mouth. "Do you, per chance... know what.. horehound is?" she whispered, unwilling to speak any louder and shifting her weight and glancing around. She had seen some it earlier, and she knew that it would be a good addition to their very, very small herb collection. "I was hoping to gather about a dozen of them, what I have currently is Shepherd's Purse..."

Valiance lifted off of her poll, swooping near Eva before going towards the river where Res's image of horehound seemed to be the most abundant. And so, he hovered there, chirping away to gather the other three's attention.
Resplendence
i don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Outcast
Evangeline the Pure

Evangeline could remember being like Resplendence. It seemed like a lifetime ago that she was timid and scared of everyone that was bigger than she was. She could remember trying to be small and insignificant so she wouldn't draw any unwanted attention from those that might seek to hurt her. Isilme had forced her to grow up more quickly than she would have liked and it had made her cynical. It had also made her wise beyond her years and she was willing to share her knowledge and experiences with anyone who asked. So far the only one that had sought her out was Kahlua and part of her suspected that the queen hadn't even wanted to do that. "Am I really so scary?" She asked her dragon. In response he snorted and shook his head. 'Eva no scary. Eva squishy.' He replied as if it were common knowledge to everyone.

"It-it's my job, ma'am. If it were your job you would have done the same..."

"Eva." She said when the other mare called her ma'am. "And I suppose you have a point." She had healed those in Isilme that had, perhaps, not deserved it but it had been her duty and it was not one that she took lightly. She saw that in Resplendence and it made her realize how alike the two of them were in that aspect. The orange mare nodded her head as she was asked if she knew what horehound was. "I've used it a time or two."

Valiance's sudden movement made Tallis shift his weight and hiss quietly as the younger dragon swooped toward his bonded. Eva frowned and shook her head. "Calm down." She murmured. Tallis turned and watched the other dragon as he hovered near the river. An ear flicked back before Eva turned her head to look at the red dragon. "Go on." She said to her own dragon before imparting him with an image of what horehound looked like. As Tallis took to the air and flew toward Valiance Eva turned back to the other mare. "You take pride in your work." That much was obvious from the way she cared for her patients to the way she kept up the herb garden. "You should take as much pride in yourself. You're good at what you do and you're an asset to the Edge."

"."

Credits

@[Resplendence]

Shuffling her limbs, it is when the mare gives her a shortened version of her name that Res allows her head to lift up a little more. Now, allowing it to rest to high, but also at a decent level. Her limbs, slowly beginning to stop their trembling.

When the orange one says she's used the horehound a few times Res can breathe a little more. Good, she didn't have to explain and she hadn't looked like an idiot explaining it to her when she already knew. Gentle orbs watch as Valiance swoops near the mare, shocking the other dragon (or so it seemed) and then flickers near a patch of it by the river.

However, it is Eva's words that cause Res to pull herself back to attention. Pride in her work - yes, she did. There was a gentle nod of Res's head as she eyed the mare, her head tilting ever so gently to the side. But, being told that she should take pride, that she was good at what she did and that she was an asset had her lowering her gaze again. "It's just work... Anyone could do this..." she whispered. "I... I have no reason to be proud. I couldn't save the ones I loved... the ones I cared for..."

Defeated gaze shifts as she carefully begins to pick her way towards where the water was, allowing her broken mind to concentrate on her red dragon as her maw picked up the basket and carried it with her. A dozen of these would be good, no?

A sigh escaped her maw. She doubted that the other mare would understand, Res had lost so many as it was - that's how she was that broken.
Resplendence
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Outcast
Evangeline the Pure

"Perhaps you're right." Evangeline responded when Resplendence said that anyone could do what she did. "Anyone could learn how to be a healer. Anyone could collect herbs and plant them, but not just anyone has a true passion for it that makes them good at it." She didn't know why she was trying to build up the meek mare's confidence in her work, but she was. She, however, wouldn't continue to try if Resplendence was set on shrugging off every compliment that was given to her. Some didn't want to be complimented and she certainly wasn't going to continue wasting her breath if that turned out to be the case with Resplendence.

"I... I have no reason to be proud. I couldn't save the ones I loved... the ones I cared for..."

Evangeline remained stationary as the other mare picked her way toward the water where the two dragons were picking the horehound she had requested. The orange mare watched the healer, a frown creasing the corners of her mouth. "So you're going to live in misery?" She asked quietly, recalling a time in her youth that she had lived in misery. She had blamed herself for being an orphan, not once in her childhood but twice. She had felt heartsick for each individual that she had stumbled across that had succumbed to wounds inflicted in pointless battle. For years she had been miserable until the time came when she hadn't wanted to feel that way anymore. She had wanted more out of her life, but perhaps Resplendence hadn't made it to that point yet.

"You cannot let loss dictate your life, I've found." She murmured. "In the end there comes a time when everyone must go, some much sooner than others. So long as you have something left to live for..." Her voice trailed as her gaze went to the dragons, her own was flying back with claws full of Horehound that had been ripped from the ground. "You might as well make it a happy life."

"."

Credits

@[Resplendence]

It is a broken mind that is doing these tasks. But, as Eva explains how it is that she is good she can only manage a thank you. Gentle eyes peer up towards her with a meek smile, "Thank you," she whispered before continuing to rip the plants from the ground.

However, pride. She doesn’t think that she can ever really feel that. Her stomach seems to jump into her throat as she listens to the question that falls from Eva's mouth and Res can only close her eyes for a few moments. "I… I don't try. I'm plagued by nightmares. I… I've always been afraid of everything and I've been trying to change, I have…" she struggles with the words. She wants to be strong - but not for herself, no - for her family so that they don't have to deal with the pain that she has had to take herself.

She speaks of a happy life, and Res can only nod her head. She supposed that was true - and while she had felt some sparks of happiness around Quil, sparks so close to love she had clung to them, she'd yet to be able to sustain it for long. For something, no matter what it was, always seemed to jar her from the happiness and send her into a panic. And it was always a panic that ensued, never just a major jump. She swallowed once more before ripping up a bit of that horehound. It was when she had a dozen of both of the herbs she had come to collect that she looked back over towards Eva and allowed her voice to peek again. "Would you accompany me back to the Edge?" she asked, not sure she wanted to be alone just yet. Too many bad memories had flooded her mind during their chat and she wasn't sure she'd actually head back to the Edge for sure if she didn't have someone else watching over her and Valiance.

@[Evangeline] -- you can post the last response and call it done? Unless you have ideas to continue
Resplendence
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love