the Rift

Define Tormentors [Questing: RE]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

I see death rise from the stagnant pool, and as the zombie shudders and quakes, I lift my head to greet it with a grin. His horrifying screech does not phases me, but the mercury at my heels seems to shudder and sink back into the porous earth. Beside me you growl defensively, and I allow the weighted chains to fall from you like ashes off of the remnants of a fire. The snapper fish that chose to flee from me are lost in the haze of the dank water; even the beast's hideous form fails to reflect in the muddy surface. The water is forever stained with blood and muck, and now a faint trace of silver from my mercury slithers into it as well.

The creature seems intent on causing pain; it screeches and causes the instincts built into this form to wreak a shuddering sensation upon me. I spit in disgust and allow bile to dribble down my throat at the idea of my weaknesses in this form. Perhaps it will be better to return to the form of a child, for just a moment or so. And as I stand half submerged in the water, my illusion fading, I feel a change in the air and hear a whoosh of motion. I had returned to my proper self not a moment too soon, for bones are seen flying by, and one strikes true and forms yet another cavity in my chest. My withered, cold heart is revealed, but the stale pus that oozes from the wound brings me no pain. I feel a sudden elation at the realization that I am immortal and untouchable. Another bone slides across my flank and I make no move to avoid it as it flies towards me swiftly. The cut along my side is a mere grazing of flesh, like a knife run carefully along the hide. With madness, I laugh. The wound and its giver bring me joy; in fact, were it not for his impudence when addressing his lord and master, I would leave the beast to his own devices. But he has shown me disrespect, and for this he must be punished.

I find it strange that before I can even act you leap into the fray. Your body falls into the water with a heavy splash, coating you in grayed algae and smudging the silver stains of your melted chains deeper into your coat. I find myself wanting to call out to you, loving you more than I ever have, yet still I refuse to admit it. I watch with pride as your muscles coil to spring as I have taught you. As you leap from the shallow surface with grace and poise, I find my gaze fixed. You reach out with dangerous claws to catch the creature where he hovers*, and your open, snarling mouth aims to bite down on his rotting flesh to drag him back down with you. I wonder about your intentions- do you hope to draw him back beneath the surface, to drown him when he has no need for breath? Surely you know this will do him no harm, certainly you understand that the foe we face is no mere mortal.

I watch the fire in your eyes and I see undying loyalty. I begin to fear that your thoughts are not with you, that you simply strike to save the life of your master- to save I, the child of death who already belongs beneath the ground. There is a rush of pity and a need to protect you. When I stagger you run, when you breathe, when you sleep, I simply exist. I cannot jeopardize such vitality, cannot be to blame for your death.

And so I begin to charge forward, sending waves of water behind me, moving as quickly as I can even as the muddy swamp floor sucks at my hooves and slows me down. My head lowers and my gaze stiffens to create a look of determination, perhaps the first emotion that has crossed my features in some time. My broken horn strikes for the hole in the monster's chest.

I find my broken body quivering with anticipation.

[[P: 1/? || WC: 703 || M/CU:1/2 || AS: Prometheus reverts to his undead form and is unharmed by the bones, though one embeds itself within his chest and another grazes his side. Pyr runs forth and leaps up at the monster with his claws out and his jaws open, poising to bite. He is attempting to drag the creature into the water (*I was unsure if the corpse was hovering or simply above the surface of the water. Either way, Pyr is attempting to latch his claws onto the creature and bite him to drag him back beneath the water's surface and hopefully rip off some flesh.). Prometheus runs forward and aims for the creature's hollow chest, using his horn as a weapon. || Note: Eep, zombie fight is fun! Belial may be joining before or after the fight, I guess we shouldn't wait.]]

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Messages In This Thread
Define Tormentors [Questing: RE] - by Prometheus - 08-20-2012, 08:52 PM
RE: Define Tormentors [Questing: Belial & RE] - by Prometheus - 08-22-2012, 09:13 PM