the Rift

mastermind

Biru Posts: 33
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 Hands :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Annabelle :: Royal Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Adoptable
He loomed over the past, and it stared right back at him. The towering pines he had once called home were now changed, not in a good, and not in a bad way. The horn gleamed atop his head, shining gloriously through the cloudy day. Solid hooves pounded upon the ground, as his tail swished annoyingly at his side. He had to face it someday, and there was no day like the present.

Carmine eyes dug into the horizon, gazing for the unfortunate passerby that would bare the brunt of his questions. It had been too long, and time had erased all, except for that one, flashing scene of scales and fire. Maybe it was a dragon, maybe it was a horse, and the irony of it all was that is was both, but poor Biru would never see the truth. His past, he figured, was as good as gone. No one knew of the flaming figure with white scales. A touch of anger colored his mind, as he thought about the mother who wouldn't keep his son. How angry she would be, that she rejected such a fine specimen, he was strong now, strong enough to be the robust child that she probably yearned for.

He snorted at the thought, and praised the helovian gods for keeping his safety through his childhood. As he settled himself beneath a pine, he waited, waited for the day where he would show the world that he was worth it. It was only a matter of time before the entire land knew his name.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua
The Sunshower

The painted queen bounced and bounded, making her way through the forest she knew so well. Her knowledge of the Threshold almost rivaled the knowledge of her own home. She had been spending much more time within the walls of the Edge recently, in an attempt to be with her King and her people, but eventually the Sunshower needed to break free of the confines of the land and roam freely throughout Helovia. Today she chose the Threshold, her brilliant smile lighting the area.

As she continued along her tortuous path, the queen's eyes suddenly caught sight of an interesting mix of black and blue, a paint almost like herself and yet so very different. The shining horn atop his head reminded her of the quest that the sun god had sent her on, but she couldn't very well just walk up to him and ask him if he was racist or not. Could she? No, she decided, not yet, but she would keep her ears open. Perhaps he would prove useful to her quest yet. In the mean time, the queen decided to forgo business and simply have a good time.

Closing the distance between herself and the stallion in a joyous romp, she skidded to a dusty stop and nickered her happy greeting. “Hello friend, I'm Kahlua, queen of the Edge. And you?” She had always been too open, too forward with her title, but it had yet to get her in any real trouble. Perhaps others took pity on those that seemed so childish and innocent, perhaps the Gods looked down upon her with favor or perhaps she was simply lucky. Whatever the reason, she was still safe and able to stand before Biru awaiting his response, hoping that this meeting would be more happy than stressful and that, in the end, she might welcome a new member to the Edge.
Image Credit to Silk

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

It was not long before one arrived, a female, of very similar color, only lacking an outline of blue, and a long horn for her head. He offered a polite smile at her introduction, apparently she was a queen. The shorter mare seemed a little too friendly, and straightforward. This, he deduced, was evidence that she should be ruling with a mate. Never before had he crossed such a seemingly open ruler.

He waited a few moments before nothing more came from her mouth, just the name and the title. He almost wondered if she thought him to bow, or do some ridiculous gesture, well, if she was here for that, she would not get it. "Biru." He offered quickly. "I'm assuming, Miss Kahlua, that you are here recruiting, if i'm not mistaken." He stated blatantly, his voice rumbling. It was what every kingdom did, or at least what Lia's kingdom did. Funny, how he couldn't even call his mother by her own title as queen. Maybe that is why he was so unassumingly blatant, and unimpressed by titles. "Offer away." Her simply said, his red eyes locked tighter than a safe. Emotionally, Biru was very tight, very, very introverted. Almost never has he broken down emotionally, only twice in his lifetime, and neither in front of another. He glanced around his surroundings, before looking back. "My only use is of a warrior." That was all he offered in the ways of his help. He would never be a crafter, or a healer, or a religious figure. For each of these three branches provided nothing in the ways of what he aspired to become, and from his foalhood, he was raised among the court.

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

The happy spring in her step faded as a voice caught her harks. She had been roaming And wandering, dragging her clefts boredly as the gentle breeze ruffled her tassels, made the glass feathers in her tail sing a glass-toned song, And the white down tipped in blue just above her shoulder, to poke her precious chestnut flesh slightly. The silence had calmed her, but as She poked along deeper into the forest, voices danced on the wind, but only one caused her to halt And press her harks to the back of her pristine white head And neck. The hairs tickled her lobes, thick And clean. Time seemed to slow as her piercing gaze swept around her. Bark, leaves, blossoms. But the disgusting tone range too heavily in the air, the source of the vocals too close. 

Not this bitch again. She rolled her orbs, the voice inside her head mocking And tainted with evil tones; the voice that was never let out to be heard. The cooped up evil. Oh I'm the queen! I'm so much better than you, I'm so beautiful. Dammit, why does fucking Kahlua have to be here. That vain queen gets on my freaking nerves. With a disgusted snort, She trusted her hearing to lead her to where the painted mare must be. Jogging there, She came across a beautifully colored brute, then, we, leave. She only gave her a slight nod. Not worth my time.  

Attention then turned to the Stallion. Well muscled And flashy... Oh yes, And horned. A fine specimen.   She smiled softly, the expression coming naturally. She set her blue And brown gaze to his blood stained one, looking closer to find tints of golden treasure in their depths. A soft wave to his locks, decorated with the occasional white streak. Then feathered hooves, in a hue to match his orbs. All coming together with a ebony And blue bodice. Her smile grew. Soft vocals rang. "Greetings, sir. I am Abishia,  Artisian of the Hidden Falls. What shall I call you, sire? " She glanced to Kahlua, her smile not daring to falter in front of this fine Stallion, but her gaze darkens as She tilts her dome downward to get a good look at the rather boring looking mare."And Kahlua, hello again. Is all well in the Edge? " 

Attention switches back to the Stallion yet again."I might as well throw out my offer now. If you would ever be so kind, I could possibly show you around my beautiful home. A series of waterfalls, fresh grasses, And soft moss. I can guess Kahlua will offer you also though. Feel No pressure, sir. " She flashed him one of her rare head - turning, show stopping smiles. Beauty radiates from her, And the sun shines through the leaves, glinting off her glass horn. 

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Kahlua
The Sunshower

The moments that passed in silence between them would have been awkward for the painted lady, had she not been so engrossed in following his blue outlines as they marked the boundary between his darker and lighter patches. She had been in Helovia for over a year and still she never grew tired of the multitude of colors, of the fanciful array of horses that paraded in and out of the various lands. But in time the spell was broken, the silence stolen, as the stallion began to speak, and the Kahlua returned her gaze to his blackened face rather than the rainbow of his body. Biru, he noted and she bobbed her head in acknowledgment to both his name and his next statement.

But ah, alone time in the Threshold is never alone time. For where a wanderer is lost and one comes to help them, surely others will come. This was no exception to the rule and before the queen could say much more of anything to the stud a familiar brown paint equine joined their midst. Or rather, what used to be an equine. As an ear twitched backwards on the painted queen's head for half a moment, she eyed the horn upon Abishia's head with suspicion. It had never been there before, so what was its purpose in being there now?

And yet, while the Sunshower could not hide her mistrust of the painted child from showing through on her face, she tried her best to keep her dancing soprano as normal as possible. After all, she was happy to see the stallion and honestly Abishia had never done anything to her other than harass her while she was grieving. Did the queen really have any right to be rude towards her? Perhaps not, but then... everybody has their limits. Even the queen, with the patience of a saint, could not find joy in every interaction. Perhaps, in Abishia, she had simply met her match.

“The Edge is returning to its former glory,” she offered, noting that Abishia had found home with this in the Hidden Falls. Kahlua would have to make her way there soon, to meet the leaders when she was able, for the Edge had been far too long without Allies and friends. Turning back to Biru, she focused her attentions on him for the time being. “We always welcome new warriors to our midst, if you are interested. Our herd takes a proactive approach to creating long-lasting peace in Helovia and if you think you can help us accomplish our goal, the misty woods would gladly have you.” And while she would be happy to chatter on more about how lovely the woods were, she had noted the stallion's brevity before. Perhaps he did not like the endless chatter?
Image Credit to Silk

The mare listened quietly, and he noted mentally that he was fond of that. One who interrupts, is not someone you want to be around. All they do is blab, and ramble on, much like Apai did. He never like Apai much.

His eyes swung emotionlessly to another as she arrived, she seemed to be a unicorn, a crystal horn endowed upon her head. She too, was also painted, but of a different coloring, much lighter than the two elders who stood near her. He could tell she was young, or at least younger. She spoke formally at first, before melding into a more conversational and relaxed tone. She jumped in front of Kahlua, and began speaking of a land of falls. It intrigued him, and he nodded, before his eyes then vacillated to Kahlua.

She offered a place for warriors as well, although, they maintained peace. He was so intrigued by such a far fetched dream, that he couldn't help but smirk a little. It was a bold goal indeed, but even at his young age, he knew would be nearly impossible to attain. Even if they had a peaceful herd, their work was not done until all of this land was peaceful, and the memories of his birth proved to him, that was a goal never to be attained.

"Biru." He said to Abishia, looking at her quickly to give his name, before beginning to address Kahlua again. "Peace is a noble goal. How can one attain peace when it is impossible to keep out all envious, greedy, and hurtful thoughts that others have? Or how does one attain peace with warriors? Is it not against such motives to have warriors when one is vying for peace?" He ended quietly. His voice was not mocking, or degrading. In fact it was calm, and peaceful. Generally, he was intrigued to hear what her response would be. Could she in fact, bring him to a peaceful place? Never in his life had he dreamed of peace. He never wished to hurt another, but he would not stand idly by to even one who just talks bad. He then looked to Abishia, impressed that such a young one (even though she was practically as old as he was), would attempt such a recruitment. "Tell me Abishia, what does your land have to offer?" He stood quietly, waiting to hear what each had to say. As of right now, he was leaning towards neither. He would never rush a swear of loyalty, especially in a land that had so harshly introduced him into the world.

Hidden Account
Wild.

Then Kahlua spoke. Harks twitched but She turned her gaze to watch the ebony And ivory mare anyways, not letting her look portray the disgust She has for the mare. Inwardly, the child sneered in disdain. I will not let the bitch win. She smiles lightly to K, nodding pleasantly as if She really did care for the Edge. But of course, the filly didn't. Her mother had lived there once, And told her stories about how distant the herd felt. Abishia was sure that the Falls was much more closely knit, a much stronger And pleasant family to be a part of. 

"Tis splendid to hear Senorita." She then turned to the boy, nodding when he spoke his name, watching his unchanging expression as his calm vocals addressed Kahlua's glorification of the World's Edge. He definitely had a point. No place would ever be at peace. There was too much evil. There was too much greed. There was too many souls unwilling to bend to the will of others, to walk along side of every species. It was too much to ask to erase sexism, racism, qnd of course, too much to even hope for with all the evil that occupied ones mind And soul. She tipped her dome, curious to see What Kahlua's reaction would be. But her own curiosity was interrupted by Biru adressing her. Her smile widened And She turned herself so She could meet him with a respectful gaze.  "Well said, sir Biru.  The Falls is a beautiful place, welcome to all species. The Hidden Falls provide it's inhabitants with plentiful food, mosses And grasses, as well as cool crisp waters for refreshments. We have various ranks, plump full with skilled Masons, healers, warriors, slueths,  And noble leaders, Midas And Seele.  " She turned her neck slightly, flicking her maw in the direction of home.  "We thrive just North of here, And south of the Heavenly Feilds.  Training And protection is provided by the herd. New member to the family are highly cherished. I also know many of those that live in the Falls that are Warriors. Quite skilled And respected. " 

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

Kahlua
The Sunshower

Senorita. She had heard one other call her that name, a man more pleasing to be in the presence of, that now lived under her as warrior. Kahlua was reasonably sure she preferred the stallion's voice over the child's. Nevertheless, the Sunshower could not very well walk away from this meeting now. Besides, she was fully invested in trying to recruit another to become a part of the Edge. A larger family was a happy and safer family, after all.

Although the queen had not expected the question from Biru, it did not surprise her too much. She had asked the same question of the Dauntless when he had requested a home within the herd and when it was very well her turn to speak, the queen burst into her dancing soprano, trying her best to explain the values she held for the Qian. “Ah, but friend Biru, I hope that someday others will see the benefit of suppressing thoughts of evil. The Edge is one of the largest herds and has held our land against all manner of invasion. We have also done a lot of good. The gods must look down upon us kindly, no?” Her eyes twinkled with the thought that Lady Moon and her siblings revered the Edge and kept them safe even in the face of evils.

“And we have to have warriors, for now...” She frowned at the idea but the statement was the truth. “Until we have achieved our goals, there are still those that would hurt us for no reason. Some of the unicorns in the North, for instance.” This time she sighed, almost dramatically, but it really did hurt her feelings. Lena was so nice, and surely some of the other unicorns were not so bad either. It pained her to wonder why there were some in the Basin that propagated evil just for the sake of evil. Still, for all her frowns and sighs, the girl never worried that they would not achieve their goal. There would be peace in Helovia, she would not rest until it was so.
Image Credit to Silk

He turned to face each mare as they spoke, first Abishia. From the few moments they had met, it was easy to tell she was quite new to this. Though, he admired her bravery and spunk. She spoke of the place as though it were an oasis, beautiful and broad. He was not here for that though, he was not here for pretty things. She was a good speaker though, brilliant at that. She had much potential, but so much to learn.

Eyes and ears then turned to Kahlua. She spoke of how the gods watched over the Edge, this place she ruled. Biru nodded solemnly, following along. Sure, the Gods watched over them, the Gods watched over everyone. However, what he was interested in why they were so special then, with their peace-keeping ways. The Gods watched over the others, yes? So what makes being a pacifist more god-worthy? The questions plagued his mind, but he stood silent, as solid as a rock. She continued to speak, about needing protection from their invaders north. Did the "unicorns" she spoke of have something against the Edge?

It seemed that even after wanting an explanation, the quite stallion was left to his own devices. He pitied them, for neither would he choose. It was too soon, and so much was left unknown. It seemed he would need to do quite a bit of exploration by himself. He turned and nodded at the two ladies, acknowledging them politely. "After hearing what each of you, Abishia and Kahlua, have to say, I indeed must say, there is much to learn. I regret to inform you though, that it seems more questions plague me than can be answered by the two of you." He turned again, letting them each say something, should they be mad at him before he continued. "For my own knowledge, I must continue my journey alone it seems.. I shall make a decision soon, regarding which herd I will swear loyalty too, but I must visit them on my own. Should I wish to return to your homelands, may I seek you out?" He ended quietly. Those were the most words that had ever poured forth from his mouth. He stood quietly, waiting for either rejection, or acceptance. Either way, their answers would only help further his decisions.

[ooc:: eep! didn't expect Biru to do that, he just kinda... did. D; however, because of this, he will be around visiting each herdland.]

Hidden Account
Wild.

His answer was not rare. She had heard it often here; And She had come to accept the fact that others preferred to wander before they settled. Hell, She had wandered for nearly 2 years around Helovia before She settled down within the ranks of the Falls. Rejection wasn't taken heavily. She had come to be used to it, for She was fairly new at this whole game. The girl strived to be truthful And honest, rather than those who play the game with an evil hand of cards, sugarcoating their herd and luring others into potential hell. The child had to refrain from cringing, the thought of being tricked into a horrible home haunted her thoughts. 

She smiled to him, nodding as he spoke. He was polite, had a way with words, And was quite handsome at that. She looked forward to the time he visited her lands, if he kept his word of course. Some put on a mask. Trick you into thinking they are kind. But this brute, seemed tride And true. 

"Very well, Biru. I will only be a call away. I am always willing to offer you a lending hand, also. Please, if you ever have further questions, I will provide as much information as I can for you. You will always be welcome to visit the Falls. "

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

Kahlua
The Sunshower

For all her words, all her passionate words, the queen received no response, only a blank stare and she found herself left quite confused. The stallion's demeanor, so quiet and reserved, was so far from her own that she had difficulty understanding it. In some ways he reminded her of Kaj- strong and stoic- but to compare another to Kaj was to compare them to a god, and in every way, Biru fell short. He was no pegasus, standing tall as king. He was not golden and cream, a muscle specimen to behold. No, he was only an electric paint, practically a child and there was no rush when she looked upon him the way there was a rush when she looked upon Kaj.

As for his mention of questions, she found that he sounded much like a friend of hers. “You will always be welcome in my home and, if I am not busy, I'll guide you myself through the forest.” She gave him a genial smile and a nod, eyes catching Abishia's as well for a moment. As much as she was frustrated by the child, she couldn't leave a situation on such a bad note as ignoring her. Still, her last words were certainly for the steed. “If you visit, you'll have to meet my friend and Glazier Dragomir. He isn't a warrior, but I think that you two would get along quite well.” Whinnying a sound of happy delight, the queen then kicked up her heels and set off again, hopefully in the opposite direction of Abishia, to further search the woods.
Image Credit to Silk