overboard

Ruske Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
there's a monster living under my bed
whispering in my ear
there's an angel, with a hand on my head

she says I've got nothing to fear

She stood poised as if prepared to run. I halted my advance, eying the dark mare with wary eyes. What made her so fearful? I saw no blemish on her skin that spoke to violence – only smooth darkness, and the strange pattern of white stretching over her face like a mask. With her head lifted, the pattern resembled nothing more than broken streaks of color; I paid it less attention than the viridian gleam of her eyes, dark and wild to match the forest.

They recalled to mind another mare who had once walked beneath trees – not these.

As Aylin introduced herself I bowed my head, uncertain of the best way to appear non-threatening. I looked no better than half-wild on my best day – what might I look like to her? No way to tell. I merely held my head low and watched her, wary of the pointed horn gleaming above her brow. I hoped her too anxious to use it – wanting no more perforations in my skin than past adventures had won me.

"Aylin is a pretty name," I answered slowly. My ears twitched as I processed the next information – so she knew Helovia? A bit deflated, I blinked at the surrounding trees. "Are you looking for someone? Perhaps I might help you find them." Memories stirred in the back of my mind – old conversation. Two sets of twins. She had green eyes.

But one can hardly out and ask such a question.

With a soft snort, I glanced back at the mare. "Your mother, perhaps?" The question wrenched a little strangled from my chest, uncertain – unhappy. But I had lost practice at diplomacy, a skill never well-honed. Unwanted, obviously perceived as little more than threat, I grasped hastily at whatever connection floated through my head.

Messages In This Thread
overboard - by Aylin - 05-04-2014, 07:49 PM
RE: overboard - by Ruske - 05-04-2014, 09:04 PM
RE: overboard - by Aylin - 05-04-2014, 09:52 PM
RE: overboard - by Ruske - 05-04-2014, 10:14 PM
RE: overboard - by Aylin - 05-04-2014, 10:41 PM
RE: overboard - by Aurelia - 05-04-2014, 10:58 PM
RE: overboard - by Aurelia - 05-07-2014, 08:54 PM
RE: overboard - by Ruske - 05-05-2014, 12:16 AM
RE: overboard - by Aylin - 05-05-2014, 09:26 PM
RE: overboard - by Ruske - 05-07-2014, 11:44 PM
RE: overboard - by Aylin - 05-11-2014, 04:20 PM