[OPEN] a finger print on time

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
MERMAID
AND WE DANCED LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN, ROMANCED
WE WERE LIARS IN LOVE AND WE DANCED

Many old wounds have been reopened in my time on this new planet, all of them unintentionally. Once more I avoid the ocean, much as I long for it now that I know it is there. Instead I wander trails I have yet to walk moving with caution through the thin tree cover until I step out on the soft grass of a large clearing, a clearing with something sitting right smack dab in the middle. A slender body of water ripples across sand polished stones at the objects base and a gentle breeze ruffles the extensive strips of fabric hanging along the sides.

My hooves freeze in place and my head tilts to the side in wonder…

I have never, ever seen the like. I with all the places I have been, I who hails from another planet, another time, another universe even. What is this thing?

It is tall and wide tucked artfully in among the scattered trees other growth surrounding it. The sunlight glints off it’s shining top and the smooth floor catches the streams of color dancing them around themselves in a crazy spinning waltz. What could have made such a structure? What but magic of course…

Having never seen human men or women, in this world or any other, I know nothing of their ingenuity or the wonders they can create with no magic at all. I know only my own kind, and the creatures that share our lands. Magic would have to be involved for any of the beasts I know to do this. Magic or Gods. I shudder visibly at that thought, I have not had a good track record with Gods. I pull my hooves loose from the ground and move tentatively forward. Deciding that the body of water I must cross is too small to cause me trouble as it’s sister the river did, I press on and step gingerly through it. Reaching the other bank I find myself facing an opening between rock pillars with curtains blowing lazily on either side. I step through to stand upon the rainbow brushed floor and stride across to stick my face in a flowering bush growing up along the side.

“Beautiful...”

I breath the word, muffled by leaves and sweet smelling petals. Pulling back I study the bush and as an after thought reach with my teeth to pluck a blossom. Carefully I tuck this into my seaweed bag for later. Who knows? It might prove useful. I will have to dry it when I return to the beach. A sound catches my attention then and one ear flicks towards it. My head follows soon after, once my small bag is securely closed. I see no one but am sure I have not imagined that noise.

“Hello? Is there someone here?”

At another time I might have hoped that I did imagine it, but today I am feeling far too bereft and lonely. I will welcome company in any form at all.

SWEPT AWAY FOR A MOMENT BY CHANCE
HTML BY SARAHROO | IMAGE FROM WEHEARTIT

Aurelia, Faeanne & Ryuu

Also open after the named characters have joined. Let me know if you'd rather it not be open Bay.

note to self: Mermaid's pouch now contains one white blossom plucked from the bushes surrounding the ancient rotunda...
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE