the Rift

[OPEN] Put Your Weary Head To Rest

Wilibald Posts: 44
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 14.0 hh :: 8 years
Sarah
Wilibald
When her gaze flickered upwards it would have been met with a kind, smile on his chestnut face. Noticing though deciding to be okay with her odd coloured eyes - mismatched colours that reminded him of springtime. She seemed to keep them focused down most of the time, so their colour was not as jarring as it might be. How did this land become so vibrant when his own was composed of nothing but soft colours?

He was quite happy to hear that she would remain, and that she appreciated his kindness. “The world is a better place with a bit of kindness.” And even better with a lot of it. Though perhaps there was that fine line because this mare seemed almost a little too kind. So many ‘sir’s and her soft demeanour, though most of that just didn’t bother Wilibald in the slightest. He was still too relieved at finding someone that resembled a natural colour, someone he could be on eye level with. It had only been a couple season but my how he missed such simple things as that! Perhaps there was hope for Helovia after all. “You don’t have to keep calling me ‘sir’ if you don’t want to. I don’t mind of course!” He quite liked the sound of it, if in a slightly smaller quantity. He was rather fond of the idea of being considered a kind sir. “You could call me Wilibald instead, if you’d like.”

A lapse into silence then, and the chestnut pony found that he did not know where to go with the conversation next. “Awkward” was a new feeling for Wilibald, certainly something he was far from used to. Things were simple where he had come from, and here in Helovia it had always been some combination of fear, nerves and excitement. But now he felt so conscious of his presence - afraid to move a little closer or farther for fear it might cause her to think she should step out into the rain. Still just the thought of it was too much! How very unchivalrous this mare’s home must be if she would assume he’d take the shelter why she waited until he left.

He stayed where he was, conscious of the space between them and doing his very best to appear relaxed - a relatively easy accomplishment as he felt relaxed now that it was established that they would both remain out of the rain and in each other’s company for a bit longer. “You’re very polite, Kaiylia, which I’ve noticed is fairly rare around these parts. Are you from Helovia or did you wander here too?” Test the waters, see if such questions would be tolerated. Wilibald’s incredibly curious about her and not quite ready to move on and go back to the Falls.

home is where the food is
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3

@[Kaiylia] also he totally introduced himself in his first post ;) toward the end
please tag Wilibald in replies
non-lethal force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Put Your Weary Head To Rest - by Kaiylia - 05-06-2014, 11:44 PM
RE: Put Your Weary Head To Rest - by Wilibald - 05-10-2014, 07:43 AM
RE: Put Your Weary Head To Rest - by Kaiylia - 05-14-2014, 07:53 PM
RE: Put Your Weary Head To Rest - by Wilibald - 05-17-2014, 08:47 PM
RE: Put Your Weary Head To Rest - by Kaiylia - 05-26-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: Put Your Weary Head To Rest - by Wilibald - 06-05-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: Put Your Weary Head To Rest - by Kaiylia - 06-12-2014, 07:06 PM