the Rift

[OPEN] Put Your Weary Head To Rest

Wilibald Posts: 44
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 14.0 hh :: 8 years
Sarah
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
It was, on all accounts, the worst day to decide to wander around a little bit. Since meeting Midas, Wilibald had been lounging around the Falls – particularly near the gem-lined pool – and regaining the weight he had lost during his winter travels. Now that took quite a lot of effort. His day was so busy! Plus there were some newfound responsibilities within the herd, responsibilities that he was putting off for just one more day as he decided to take a nice little walk. But that ‘nice little walk’ turned into a damp trek before too long and the little pony quite lost his way.

He had travelled rather farther than he intended when he came upon the stone structure. Of course there were random features about the land that didn’t make any sense – it wouldn’t be Helovia if it didn’t give his heart a little shock every time he turned the corner and saw something he didn’t understand.

But it was probably dry under there and he could use a bit of a break from this dreadful rain that had gotten down even to the thickest parts of his shaggy fiur.

He had been alone for such a large part of his walk today he expected that it would continue as such – but cautiously (and with great fear) moving past one of those dreadful curtains he realized that someone else was already seeking refuge underneath this structure.

“Sweet Juniper!” He exclaimed, for this was not just someone else. This was a someone else that was a pony. A real life, close-enough-to-natural-colours, small and pretty pony.

Now, he mustn’t scare her off! But his excitement was rather overwhelming. It had felt like such a long time since he had found someone shorter than himself (even if it wasn’t by very much at all). Midas was not quite as tree-tall as the others but there were certain comforts that came with being at eyelevel with those around you. Why he was so excited that he almost forgot to be embarrassed about barging in on her so unkindly and quite forgot to be disturbed about the golden bracelet on her leg. She could have wings like a blue jay and a tail like a lion if she would just stay this height.

No no that’s not quite true. As limited as Wilibald’s imagination was for odd features that seemed to pop up everywhere in Helovia, he would not have been as excited as he was in those moments if she had been as odd.

But let us not get too side-tracked.

“Oh dear! I am so sorry miss, I didn’t realize this spot was already occupied. And to come barging in, cursing and all. What you must think of me.” Though he was apologizing, and it was sincere, as he spoke a bright smile lightened up those brown eyes of his and he could not quite shake it. Though he felt rather shy, too shy to move from where he stood – half in and half out – and was trying rather hard not to stare.

“Would you mind sharing your shelter for a moment? I…” Come on Wilibald, eating and talking are the two things you are good at. Just probably don’t let her know that she’s the prettiest thing you’ve seen since you’ve left the Valleys – that might be a little much for a conversation starter. “I just want a little break from this dreadful rain!” And because it would be terribly rude of him not to, he finally remembered to introduce himself. “I’m Wilibald, son of Hamfast.”

@[Kaiylia]

image by bunnie <3
please tag Wilibald in replies
non-lethal force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Put Your Weary Head To Rest - by Kaiylia - 05-06-2014, 11:44 PM
RE: Put Your Weary Head To Rest - by Wilibald - 05-10-2014, 07:43 AM
RE: Put Your Weary Head To Rest - by Kaiylia - 05-14-2014, 07:53 PM
RE: Put Your Weary Head To Rest - by Wilibald - 05-17-2014, 08:47 PM
RE: Put Your Weary Head To Rest - by Kaiylia - 05-26-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: Put Your Weary Head To Rest - by Wilibald - 06-05-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: Put Your Weary Head To Rest - by Kaiylia - 06-12-2014, 07:06 PM