the Rift

[PRIVATE] somewhere nobody knows you

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
He made no sense to Evangeline and the look on her face probably made that much obvious. He had seen her run away from him but said that he expected her to remain there. "Sorry to disappoint." Her voice fell flat if only because of the bitterness in Ruske's tone. "But I left the Edge shortly after our conversation. I needed some time alone." That's how it always ended up, she thought. She always ended up alone whether it was intended or not. It was ironic that she wanted so badly to not be alone anymore, to have some sort of a family that wouldn't leave her, but run away from her friend when conversation became unpleasant. Was she ridiculous for feeling the way she did? "No." She looked up at the dragon. "Eva not ridiculous."

Her gaze fell back to Ruske as he admitted he had been thinking of her. "Why?" She asked quietly. Was it because Tallis had tried to hurt him? Was it because she had run away? She really wasn't quite sure what to think because no one ever admitted to thinking about her. After a moment the mare came to the conclusion it was about Tallis and she apologized for his actions, but only after saying that he wasn't fond of Ruske at the moment.

"Are you?"

Was she what? Was she not fond of him? Was she sorry? Of course she was sorry that Tallis had tried to hurt Ruske. She had not told him to and had been upset that he'd even attempted it. "I am sorry." She finally said, frowning. Why would he think that she wasn't? Did he think she was a liar? He should know her better than to think that she would lie to him. She had only ever been honest with him, even when the truth was unpleasant. "Tallis reacted based off of my emotions, but he should not have done what he did." Would Ruske understand and forgive her for what Tallis had done? She wasn't sure, but she could hope that there wouldn't be any hard feelings.

" I… doubt any are happier to have lost you, however foolish they were. Nor was I… happier without you. Though I suppose that hardly matters, hm?"

"For a smart stallion you can be so daft sometimes." Eva said with a fondness only reserved for those she cared about. She knew in his own roundabout way he had admitted to missing her along with his apology. "If I can be honest, I am glad that you weren't happier without me, however selfish that might sound. But I am glad that I mean something to someone." Even if he had been mean to her and made her feel unwanted. The fact that he was apologizing to her meant more than he probably understood.

And there he was being daft again. "I would never ask you to leave the Edge." She said, appalled that he would even think that. "I have no more a claim over it than you do." Eva took a step toward Ruske then stopped and frowned, unsure of what to say. "I don't like this." She blurted out moments later. "I don't like this tension. I was upset and needed some time alone, but one argument doesn't make me hate you or want you gone from my life." She reached to brush her muzzle against Ruske's then withdrew. "You can be a jerk... a lot... but I wouldn't ask you to change who you are. You're Ruske. You're my best friend even if you're mean sometimes. And I love you regardless of what you do or what you've done. Just because we have a fight doesn't mean I don't want to be your friend anymore."

"."

autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower

@[Ruske]

Messages In This Thread
somewhere nobody knows you - by Evangeline - 05-07-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Ruske - 05-08-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Evangeline - 05-10-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Ruske - 05-11-2014, 09:42 PM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Evangeline - 05-11-2014, 11:34 PM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Ruske - 05-12-2014, 12:09 AM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Evangeline - 05-12-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Ruske - 05-15-2014, 01:45 AM