the Rift

[PRIVATE] somewhere nobody knows you

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

"Good." She murmured in response to Ruske's admission that he was not angry. Part of the reason she'd kept running was because of Tallis' stunt with setting the grass on fire. She'd been terrified that Ruske would be angry with her for it and she couldn't face him when she was upset and he was angry. She just couldn't do it. She'd had too much of that with Roanne and it had hurt their friendship terribly and she didn't want that with Ruske. The thought of losing his companionship and his friendship had nearly brought her to tears as she ran away.

Evangeline's ears perked at the sound of Ruske's wheezed laughter and she lifted her head. "Did I say something funny?" She was confused because there was nothing about the situation that she found funny. It was all terrible and horrible and stressful and she just wanted to lock it all away in a tiny box and bury it somewhere in the forest so it would be hidden away forever. But it couldn't be hidden away because it would happen again. She was not foolish enough to believe that she and Ruske would have only one fight.

"You have been in the Edge longer."

"So? What's your point?" Eva asked. "Do you really think me heartless enough to drive you away from your home?" She shook her head in disbelief. "I would never. You deserve a home just as much as I do. If I felt uncomfortable there after our fight I would sooner leave than make you. At least you serve a purpose there. I do not." She felt as useless as she had been when she was nothing more than an orphan searching for her parents. There was nothing she could do to help. She refused to fight, she was not a nurse or a healer and what little bit of information she knew about plants she'd already told Resplendence. What more could she do?

Sadness was etched into her face when Ruske pulled away from her touch. She sighed and looked down at the ground, wishing that it would open up and swallow her into oblivion. Ruske's voice made her lift her head and the use of the endearment made the corners of her mouth curve upward. It wasn't often that she heard him say things like that and it sent a wave of happiness through her. Eva reached her muzzle toward Ruske's as he reached out to touch her and her smile grew as he apologized and complimented her. The compliments felt good, but she wasn't sure of how deserving she was of them. "I'm sorry I ran away." She said quietly. "I didn't mean to make you think that I didn't want to be your friend anymore. Running away is .... its what I do, I guess." Always running.

She stepped forward then stopped, deciding that no matter how much she wanted to rest her head against Ruske's neck she wouldn't. He was never one to openly offer any sort of physical comfort or affection and she wouldn't seek it out. Her tail flicked against her hocks and she stared at the ground as Ruske said that she was important to him. Really? She wanted to ask, but held her tongue. "Thank you." It was all she'd ever wanted, to know that she meant something to someone.

No matter how much he wanted to hold a grudge, Tallis was unable to because of the flurry of emotions in his bonded. Most prominent was happiness and forgiveness. If Eva could forgive Ruske for being a jerk, then he could as well. So the dragon drifted down slowly, wings spread, from the branch he had been perched upon. Rather than land upon his bonded's back, however, he landed on Ruske's rump. The dragon trilled, tilted his head and blinked. "Sorry." He would forgive, but he wouldn't forget and if Ruske hurt his Eva again he would have more coming to him than a grass fire.

"He says sorry." Evangeline offered, smiling warmly at her dragon.

"."

autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower

@[Ruske]

Messages In This Thread
somewhere nobody knows you - by Evangeline - 05-07-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Ruske - 05-08-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Evangeline - 05-10-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Ruske - 05-11-2014, 09:42 PM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Evangeline - 05-11-2014, 11:34 PM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Ruske - 05-12-2014, 12:09 AM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Evangeline - 05-12-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: somewhere nobody knows you - by Ruske - 05-15-2014, 01:45 AM