the Rift

[PRIVATE] Bug Off...Or Face The Fire [Torleik]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
The beard of glory...

Torleik watched the anger bloom in her eyes and thought for a moment she deserved to be offended by what he said. He hadn't seen her as a loose woman, but it seemed perhaps he was slightly off in his assessment of her as a wounded but strong, innocent despite what had happened to her sort of woman. "When I looked for you I could not find you, and now you stand before me very much pregnant. I suppose I was useful to you, then," he said, his voice soft, but not gentle, cool, but not cold. He was hurt, though he knew he shouldn't be. They were nothing; they had shared a moment, and in his kindness he had tried to help. She had taken his aid and moved on. That was the way of all, was it not? He should not be surprised.

The General's eyes narrowed when she said she'd looked for him. "You did not come to the Basin. I would have known; Deimos would have prevented you from entering. And no," he grunted, "I don't recall you mentioning you are rarely in your home - only that when I offered to take you there, you were not yet ready to return." How dare she put this on him as if he had just walked away and never thought of her again, never looked for her, never wondered about her?

Not as if he'd done as she, and run away and taken a new lover! So quickly they moved on when you were not all they wished you to be, these women, he thought bitterly. Irelyn, very confused by all of this, was headbutting his leg, rubbing her feathered head against him, trying to gain his attention to calm him. Purring on his head had done nothing to help so she'd dropped to the ground, knowing he worried about stepping on her from time to time. He was still ignoring her. Irritated and finding this large white mare a threat to her bonded's peace of mind, Irelyn marched out from between Torleik's legs and threw up her wings, demanding attention. A sharp squawk made it clear she was not fond of Brisa. Not at all.

The rabicano could barely hear Brisa speak anymore, and he felt angrier as she tried to insinuate he was the father. Him.

Really.

After all this time, she expected him to believe that he was responsible for this? Impossible.

But it was her last question that made him explode, normally cool outward demeanor cracking for the shortest of moments. "Insignificant?!" he thundered, making the surrounding birds take startled flight due to the sudden and intense sound. "You..." Torleik struggled, strangled by his own inarticulate rage.

And then, in that moment, it occurred to him that she was probably scared. She was pregnant, they hadn't been able to find each other, and she needed someone. It didn't excuse that she was throwing blame on him for this, which was ridiculous, but he wouldn't be so cold as to push her away in a time such a this.

He closed his eyes for a long moment, calming himself, and when they reopened, his glacial blues were much less like a raging, frothing icy sea. "Trying to bluff me into believing I am the father when I clearly cannot be is..." he trailed, not even sure of what he was trying to say. "If you need protection, some security, someone...you need just tell me. I didn't just...mount you and walk away. I tried; I didn't know where you were. But I am here now and I cannot be the child's parent, but I can...try to help."

Was that enough? He didn't know. This was entirely unexpected and to say he was underprepared was a vastly inaccurate assessment of the situation.

@[Brisa]

"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Bug Off...Or Face The Fire [Torleik] - by Brisa - 05-10-2014, 12:43 AM
RE: Bug Off...Or Face The Fire [Torleik] - by Torleik - 05-27-2014, 11:34 PM