the Rift

[PRIVATE] Bug Off...Or Face The Fire [Torleik]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
The beard of glory...

His ears flicked back, displeased by the accurate description of how those who were not unicorns were treated at their borders. And now, with the sentinel guarding the entrance to the Basin...it was probably best she had not coming looking for him that far, he thought. The sentinel alone might have killed her. He would have to speak to his cousin about that to ensure that the large mechanical beast would only prevent those who were not to enter from entering and would not attack unless itself attacked - or ordered to attack. Surely Ulrik could make that happen? He controlled the beautiful mechanical monstrosity, right?

Brisa snapped at him that maybe she hadn't wanted to go back home because she wanted to spend more time with him, and he felt a little guilty. "Why didn't you just say so? I did not think myself so important; I thought you were afraid of something in your hom or avoiding someone there," the rabicano stallion said, slightly irked. It would help if these women would just say what they meant and wanted. He could not read their minds like he could read Irelyn's. Guessing and groping and slipping around in the dark was frustrating as hell.

So, even though he did not believe he could be the father, he offered to be there for her, if she needed someone, to help. Torleik didn't want her to feel like she was utterly alone - even though he thought that surely she had to have friends? Some support system of some kind? Brisa wasn't an outcast, after all. The white mare's response, however, shocked him both with her words and her honesty. She wasn't bluffing him. He could see it in her eyes.

He really could be a father. Of course he heard that it wasn't utterly final; but he knew already, in his gut, that she'd been with someone after him. Still - the way she was imploring him led him to believe that however pregnancies worked, it was he who was responsible for putting her in this state; that the other male was an extra, a fluke, corollary to their situation.

Brisa's words kept coming and Torleik was silent, unsure of what to say. She held feelings for him, she didn't want the time they spent together to end. What was he supposed to say to that? "I don't regret it, and I didn't intend to just walk away," he told her softly, reiterating that he hadn't meant to leave her. "I can't fix what happened then, but...I am here now."

His brain chose that moment to truly register that he was going to be a father - oh gods, I'm not ready for that... - and that he was going to have a family with Brisa - Do I love her like she wants me to? Torleik cared for her, certainly, but he had been so busy in the past year with...everything...that he couldn't even take stock and assess his feelings towards almost anyone, let alone this woman he was going to start a family with.

His ears remained sideways, unsure of if he was angry or simply resigned. He felt trapped, but the trapping was of his own damn doing and there was no denying that. The Bloodskald would be a true man and take responsibility for what he'd wrought.

@[Brisa]

"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Bug Off...Or Face The Fire [Torleik] - by Brisa - 05-10-2014, 12:43 AM
RE: Bug Off...Or Face The Fire [Torleik] - by Torleik - 05-29-2014, 08:08 PM