the Rift

[PRIVATE] a letter for my queen.

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
                     Her smile makes you wonder where she's been

Inky tendrils drift through the water like a cloud as the pair float pleasantly together, enjoying the respite from the warm climate as the cool water lapped at them like an affectionate animal. Both were broken from their reverie by a soft sound, a nicker from the shore lifting ebony harks as plum orbs shifted to comb the grass they were drifting towards. It's a familiar design that meets her eyes, a face well remembered, pale cheeks and curved horn. Blinking suddenly wide eyes she kicks forward until her hooves touch the malleable sand below, awkwardly stumbling up the shallow bank as it attempts to mold beneath her weight, lurching onto the hardier stone beside Aodaun where Locket has approached into the water.

"Locket?"

In response to her bewildered calling of his name he responds with her own, exuberant and lively, as if she is the zenith of his day. So stunned is she to see he is alive, that he has not dissolved like a saturated memory after their time in the Sanctuary, she couldn't have moved away from his touch even if she'd wanted to. Regardless she turns to brush her own muzzle in a brief kiss to his cheek, returning the soft touch. It's a relief to see yet another friend alive and well after the events of the wraiths, only improving her day further.

Words tumble from his lips continuously and she's taken by surprise, still shocked to see him in good health, rushing to collect her thoughts. "I...yes, yes of course I'm alright." Aodaun growls quietly in disapproval of this blatant lie, the scar Ktulu had left upon her hide conspicuous and gruesome to any who knew her body well. She shifts to try and conceal it, not wanting to be caught in her own automatic lie. After all, she was fine in that moment, so she didn't see why it would matter, regardless of what Aodaun thought.

The irony that he asked after Ktulu was strong, especially after she'd been so consumed with the recent thoughts of the scar and whom had placed it upon her. "She's well, I managed to heal her." Humming softly in her throat she thought of her mate lovingly, wondering where she was that moment. A smile curves dark lips and she laughs softly as her crown swings to and fro in a negative to his next question. "No, I reside in the World's Edge with Archibald and Ktulu now. And you? Have you found a home again?" It's odd to ask him such a thing, standing together in the water face to face, but he is a good soldier and a good soul, and she wants what is best for him. Knows that he would not be content unless he had a job to occupy him, much like herself.

Credits

Messages In This Thread
a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 05-10-2014, 08:04 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 05-14-2014, 07:25 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 05-14-2014, 08:33 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 06-08-2014, 04:45 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 06-08-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 06-12-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 06-17-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 07-02-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 07-07-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 07-17-2014, 09:44 PM