the Rift

[PRIVATE] a letter for my queen.

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
                     Her smile makes you wonder where she's been

Violet orbs shift away, dancing out of the sincere emerald hold his eyes had on her own. It's obvious in his frown, in the slow, deepened tone of his voice that he does not believe her. Truthfully, he shouldn't, for she was lying through her teeth. So many times she had told Ktulu that it didn't bother her, that she didn't blame her. The former was always true, the latter less so. Nights without her mate's warmth at her side, without the comfort of her presence guarding her through the night, the Poisoner had nightmares. She scoffed at herself upon awakening, shaken, each time. It was ridiculous to fear her mate in such a passionate way, to awaken with scar aching and lungs seized up in a desire to scream out in terror. Dreams, nightmares, where she didn't dodge in time. Where she didn't shove Aodaun away in time. Where either he or she ended up dead at the hands of her beloved mate. It made her twist her spine, face suddenly guarded as she contorted her body farther from Locket's view. She was fine. She was perfectly fine. Why did everyone keep asking if she was fine? She was. Really.

Luckily he seemed to understand her, in some way that most friends did not, and knew not to prod at her more than he already had. Lakota's best defense was offense, after all. The kindly warrior did not deserve the backlash he would face if he attempted to peer into her guarded thoughts. So consumed in her own defensive attempts at reassuring herself, she is blind to his discomfort, to the strained tone of his smile. Suddenly she regrets leaving, regrets not staying at Ktulu's side, for she instantly wants her mate there with her. Knows that the Constrictor would be able to tell in a second how Kota was really feeling, how her mind was suddenly scattered and frantic, and would hold her close and push her until she broke. Because no matter how much Lakota snapped and bit and screamed at her, Ktulu knew it was just a barrier, a desperate attempt at protecting herself. And once Ktulu managed to get through it, managed to make Kota crumble, she wouldn't have meant any of it. She would help build her back up, just as Lakota would always do for her. She needed that in that moment, and Aodaun whined softly as she tried to clamp down on her suddenly erratic mood.

What the fuck was wrong with her?

Shaking her head quietly to dispel the mood that was seeping at her skin, she tuned back in to what Locket was doing. Confusion curls her features and she tilts her head naively to the side, unable to connect why Ktulu and Locket would have any sort of problems. "Why would it be weird? What does Ktulu have to do with it? And you shouldn't avoid a good home, a family, because of one individual regardless." Despite her confusion over what her mate had to do with anything, especially his decision to join a herd.

A soft wailing sound touches her harks, making them flit upward in recognition. But...Ao had outgrown such sounds long ago. Did Locket have a young companion of the bear line as well? He gestured her over, turning and calling her once more with his words that time. Teppei? She assumed that was the name of his companion, and nodded quietly as she followed in his footsteps to the Rotunda. Couldn't help as she looked around in awe, dazzled by the array of colors and kaleidoscopic beauty of the temple structure. His words put into sound what she had been unable to convey in that lingering moment of transcendence, and she nodded once more, a breathy sigh escaping her. "It's...amazing." Truly not strong enough a word to fit the structure, but it's all she could bring to mind as she glanced around at the colors that swirled around her. The stone is odd beneath her hooves, but the cadence is beautiful, a tempo to her steps.

His next words catch her off guard, and she turns with wide eyes to stare at him, breath caught in her throat. "Excuse me?" It's said in a simplistic, shocked manner. Shyness creeps on her cheeks, coloring her skin beneath the covering of her deep sapphire face. After all, she has been complimented before, and she does not see the intentions behind his words. Doesn't realize what he means to say, the words between the lines. Ducks her head and taps a hoof uncertainly against the beautiful floor. "I...thank you. You are very handsome yourself, Locket." Her tone is overwhelmingly sincere, and she casts her gaze up at him through thick lashes, smiling crookedly, uncertainly. Seeking an escape from her embarrassment, she glances over at tiny Teppei, and smiles. "He is beautiful. I remember when Aodaun was that small," she laughed softly, gaze gentle as she looked upon the tiny form, motherly even.

Credits

Messages In This Thread
a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 05-10-2014, 08:04 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 05-14-2014, 07:25 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 05-14-2014, 08:33 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 06-08-2014, 04:45 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 06-08-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 06-12-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 06-17-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 07-02-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 07-07-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 07-17-2014, 09:44 PM