the Rift

[PRIVATE] a letter for my queen.

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
                     Her smile makes you wonder where she's been

Whatever pressure Locket detects in the silence that drapes over them like the curtains of the Rotunda is lost on the delicate Poisoner. She is too consumed in her own musings, in the torrent of thoughts that sweep her up like a tidal wave and threaten to drown her. Visions of spindly legged foals, a perfect combination of herself and her mate, running around squealing and laughing innocently. Big doe eyes staring up at her, full of nothing but love and trust. To be gazed upon like a God. Tiny little muzzles smiling, little voices calling her mommy.

Her crown shakes to dispel the illusions that plague her, desire curling fierce in her belly. She'd give anything to have that, but her options are rapidly decreasing. That realization doesn't seem to stop her from wanting, craving, desiring. Aodaun whined at the emotions assaulting him from her end, turning lime eyes to gaze at Lakota with concern. Lakota hushed him softly with a murmur borne from her lips, aurals swiveling only when Locket began to speak. Her smile was wan when she turned it to him, a lost look in her eyes. Lakota appreciated his concern, his desire to comfort her, but she found it hard to believe him.

Their play was enough distraction for her, and she snorted softly when he denied being any sort of what she spoke. "I'm no liar, Locket. You are a wonderful stag," she murmured, turning to level her gaze at him seriously. "Any mare would be lucky to have you, truly. Confidence, bravery...it goes a long way." Ktulu's persistence and blunt nature had been a large part of what made Lakota so enamored with her. Any mare that could walk straight up to the sour Poisoner and tell her, serious as a heart attack, that they loved her, was sexy in her book.

Locket's words brought her back from thoughts of her beloved, and her brow pinched as he spoke, sounding and looking like a terrified lapine. She tried to deny that she was pouting, but in her defense it was a frustrated pout that twisted her features into something far more feminine. "Then make her notice you!" she pressed. Then he rambled on, saying she was already in love with another, and her mind swirled trying to find the right words to comfort him. Completely ignoring Aodaun's sudden huff of realization. Kota... he murmured in her mind. One minute Ao, she hushed. Aodaun frowned and pressed again. Kota, he huffed.

"Then show her that you're better. Confront the lover, or woo her! If you cannot fight for her, who is to say-?" 'OCKET LOVE KOTA. Lakota's words screeched into a fumble of messed lyrics as Aodaun screamed into her head the answer she'd overlooked. Her eyes turned wide and she stared slack-jawed at the panda boy. What...was she supposed to say? Lakota was unsure why Ktulu loved her in the first place, but now more than one soul was enamored with her? What could they possibly see in her?

"Locket," she breathed softly, hooves dancing in soft, nervous clicks on the Rotunda's floor. Not moving away nor moving closer. "Me?" she asked weakly, eyes disbelieving and tortured at the realization that all this time she'd been hurting him. Why her? What was so intriguing about her that he felt drawn into whatever web she'd spun but never realized?

Her heart in her throat, she spun slowly to show the ghastly scar that spanned most of her coat. Turning her crown to stare at him silently, she let him take a long look. "Love...love hurts, Locket. Ktulu did this to me as a wraith. Loving me? It is a death sentence. It is a noose, a dark pit of despair. You don't deserve such an ending, Locket. You are too pure to love someone...something...like me." Slowly she turned once more to settle her eyes upon him the right way, facing him directly. This wasn't something she could run away from.

Ktu not like this, Aodaun grumped, eyeing Locket in a different light. He was probably hoping Ktulu would somehow detect Lakota's distress and come running to chew into him like a squeak toy. Bear toy, he nodded sagely. He was very protective of Lakota, and Locket's confession had upset her. No matter how much he liked the stallion, the moment anyone became a threat they were immediately blacklisted.

Lakota took a deep, shaken breath. "Locket, I'm not trying to reject you in the way you think. Ktulu and I, we're the same kind of fucked up, and we know each other's darkness. That is why we love one another, because for once we found someone who can take that black pit and still love you. But...Locket, I don't think you realize what I am." She was a killer, a mercenary at the core, with an entire book of fucked up childhood memories to go along with it.

Credits
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 05-10-2014, 08:04 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 05-14-2014, 07:25 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 05-14-2014, 08:33 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 06-08-2014, 04:45 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 06-08-2014, 07:09 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 06-12-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 06-17-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 07-02-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Locket - 07-07-2014, 10:21 PM
RE: a letter for my queen. - by Lakota - 07-17-2014, 09:44 PM