[PRIVATE] Philosphy? [Eva]

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
 evangeline</style>
Be of love a little more careful than of anything
image by Csutkaa @ flickr.com</style>

She took in the way Kahlua's smile faltered when she made her presence known and wondered what, exactly, she had been called upon for. "Looks scared." Tallis said and Evangeline had to agree with him. "Silly. Eva not scary." The dragon rolled his eyes, but Evangeline continued to watch Kahlua. The queen began to build herself back up before her very eyes and that left her wondering what was going on in her head. What kind of internal war was she waging with herself. The thought that Kahlua was going to ask her to leave crossed her mind briefly, but then it was cast aside as ridiculous.

"I wanted to talk to you about... an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind."

"What about it?" Eva asked with a frown. She thought it was pretty self explanatory. Revenge on someone who hurt you was pointless and would only cause an endless cycle of violence. What was so difficult about understanding that? The orange mare glanced up at the dragon who shrugged as he looked down at his bonded. "Silly queen." Eva suspected that Tallis wanted to say 'dumb' but went with 'silly' out of respect for her position even though she couldn't hear his thoughts.

"What does that mean to you, exactly?"

"It means that revenge is pointless." She said simply enough. "It means that responding with violence to violence only will end up hurting you more in the end." She wanted to ask if she understood then, but held her tongue. "It becomes an endless circle of violence and hatred and where there is violence and hatred there can never be peace. I lived in a land that was plagued with battle after battle. I've seen more dead bodies in my life than I thought would ever be possible. I've seen unicorns slaughter equines mercilessly because of a piece of land, and I've seen equines slaughter unicorns in retaliation." Eva cut herself off abruptly, realizing that she had begun to shake as she remembered the things that had traumatized her in her youth. "The way that stallion, Torleik, was treated that day was appalling and you should all be ashamed of yourselves." Her normally kind voice had taken on a hard edge as she spoke to Kahlua.

"What did he do to deserve such treatment? The herd he was welcomed into attacked and killed Edge members after Mirage's group attacked and invaded their home." Did she see what she was getting at? "They retaliated with violence because of what happened to them. And your group reacted with the same threat of violence when one of theirs marveled at a wall." She paused for a moment and stared. "Do you understand? Its endless. Violence breeds violence."

"."

Messages In This Thread
Philosphy? [Eva] - by Kahlua - 05-10-2014, 11:23 PM
RE: Philosphy? [Eva] - by Evangeline - 05-10-2014, 11:51 PM
RE: Philosphy? [Eva] - by Kahlua - 05-11-2014, 10:48 PM
RE: Philosphy? [Eva] - by Evangeline - 05-12-2014, 11:38 PM
RE: Philosphy? [Eva] - by Kahlua - 05-13-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: Philosphy? [Eva] - by Kahlua - 05-17-2014, 04:11 PM
RE: Philosphy? [Eva] - by Evangeline - 05-26-2014, 05:22 PM
RE: Philosphy? [Eva] - by Kahlua - 06-03-2014, 03:39 PM