the Rift

[OPEN] The Time has Come [Birthing]

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

memories,
haunting my mind

This was it. I was not leaving the Hidden Falls again, for a good while, because adventures can become too much for a pregnant mare. Pregnant. If I could, I would've slapped myself hard in the face. I was pregnant and all because of that Krieger who had won over me. He had made me surrender - or had I surrendered willingly? I didn't even remember anymore. My sides were swollen and heavy, almost as heavy as when I had carried my golden son, and it wasn't long before it was my time again. For the third time. Dezba was walking by my side - protecting me as always - and she reminded me constantly that I had to go see my already-born-and-almost-grown-up-kids before I birthed this one.

'Not seen kids for a while. You go find them soon?' I sighed and looked at her with clear, blue eyes that had various signs of tiredness in them. "I will, it's just... It's too painful. Do you know how difficult it is to look at your children and instantly being reminded of their father? The stallion who loved me like nobody else had before and..." I couldn't continue. My lips shut tight again and the jaguar stroke back her ears, gazing up at me from time to time as we walked. 'They strong. Growing.' I snorted and looked away. 'You strong too. You grow.'

I was strong? I was the opposite of strong. Every time I faced trouble and saw the consequences before they happened, I became weak and pathetic like a little filly scolded by her father. My mind slipped and I started to think about the meeting with Mauja. He... Everything we'd had before and had now confused me because I didn't know what we were to each other. I didn't like to think that we were enemies, because if we had been that, I would've tried to kill him. Right? I would've killed him there by the river the second I saw him standing there in the light of the midday sun. Mauja was... He was a part of my past and he would always be. But next time we ran into each other - if we ever did again - it would probably end with me crying again because of the confusion between us.

'Ice King not worth you. You strong. Remember.' I sighed again, more heavily, before I looked down at the black-spotted cat. "I may be strong, but not in the case of Mauja. He's always known how to make me weak, how to hit my spots... How to make me hit my own spots." Just as I was to look away again, a scream tore me and my thoughts apart and left me just standing still on the middle of one of the Hidden Falls Rivers. What the... Another scream. The instincts I had as the mother I was told me to immediately run and help because this was most likely a mare in labour calling out. Dezba, confused by my sudden runaway, instantly flew after me and ran up to my side as I tried to localize the sound. Though during the running, I couldn't help but phasing out slightly and remembering my own two births, both had been so painful that I had screamed out into the open - and both times it had called for unwanted visitors. I couldn't possibly be an unwanted visitor, right?

When I arrived at the scene, there was a mare lying on the ground. She was panting and her sides were heaving heavily. By her rump, lied two little foals - both adorned with small horns and rather similar markings to... Krieger. A black cat - very similar to Dezba - stood by the mare's side and seemed to help her with the foals. I took a careful step closer, observing the little lives. The colt was awake, shivering as his mother was just lying there on the ground. "Hello? Are you alright? Please, let me help you with the twins, I'm a mother as well." With those words, I took another step closer, lowering my maw to the colt. He was brown with a blanket upon his rump, decorated with a red and black collar and paired with two, mismatched eyes.

"Dezba, run and look for..." What? "Collect as much grass as you can and then come back." The jaguar nodded and ran off, hopefully she would return soon. My gaze wandered to the tired mare, who was quite beautiful, and I parted my lips slowly. "Hello, what's your name?"

"Talking"
'Thinking'
'Dezba thinking'

wordcount // 756
tags // @[Kiara] @[Adelric] @[Zünden]
ooc // Delinne to the rescue! :'D

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Messages In This Thread
The Time has Come [Birthing] - by Kiara - 05-10-2014, 11:30 PM
RE: The Time has Come [Birthing] - by Adelric - 05-11-2014, 02:30 AM
RE: The Time has Come [Birthing] - by Delinne - 05-12-2014, 01:42 PM
RE: The Time has Come [Birthing] - by Zünden - 05-12-2014, 10:33 PM
RE: The Time has Come [Birthing] - by Kiara - 05-13-2014, 12:20 AM
RE: The Time has Come [Birthing] - by Adelric - 05-13-2014, 02:28 PM
RE: The Time has Come [Birthing] - by Delinne - 05-14-2014, 02:36 AM
RE: The Time has Come [Birthing] - by Zünden - 05-15-2014, 04:44 PM
RE: The Time has Come [Birthing] - by Kiara - 05-21-2014, 01:32 AM
RE: The Time has Come [Birthing] - by Adelric - 05-25-2014, 12:13 AM