the Rift

[OPEN] nine in the afternoon

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Azarel
if love is what you need, a soldier I will be
If Mother found out what I was doing, she would ground me for the rest of my life, because... I hadn't exactly told her that I had left the Hidden Falls to explore. But I was also kind of grown up, right? I mean, I was so much taller than Mother now, even taller than Destry. And Aslan had grown too, because he had open eyes now - they were seriously so cool, all golden and shimmery - and even if we couldn't communicate yet, I knew what he was feeling at different times and stuff. He was my bonded, just like I was his and I hoped so badly that he still would like to be a part of me when we grew older. I took in a deep breath, smelling the wondrous saltiness of the Endless Blue and the dryness of the sand my hooves were deeply sunken into, and smiled. Just like many moons before, the great big celestial body hovered in the sky and gave me light to see where I was going. The Moon was beautiful, as anything, and it gave me strength. It made me feel full of hope, even if sometimes there was none to be found. This night was Aslan's and mine, just ours to enjoy as he lied on my back to meow from time to time.

"You know, Aslan, I'm glad I found you. Or, you found me." My smile got wider and I gazed out over the great water, sighing happily. "I don't know what to do with my family, Aslan. Mother is broken, sister is lonely - I can see it in her eyes - and father is gone. What do I do? Take his place?" I turned my head so that I could look at the lion cub with my red, normal eye. "But I can't take father's place. He was... Dad. I'm just Azarel - the golden boy." I chuckled quietly. "That's what Mother calls me. Her golden boy." A sudden wind took hold of my mane, letting the red and purple tips dance in the moonlight. "I wonder why Mother's always so sad when she sees me or sis... Do you think it's because we kinda look like Dad?" I asked, but as always, there was no reply. Only a meow and a wet touch from the cub's nose. "I know." I sighed.

"We do look like Dad, that's the sad part. He was like... The color of the sun right before sunset. Like a little brighter than me in this light." I looked down at my dark legs, turning my ears back to pin them against my poll, but was stopped when I felt the feathers ruffling underneath. Dad. He was always with me, I knew that. "I know that Dad's still around. Not like us, of course because he died and all, but in here." I looked down at my chest, smiling slightly. "And I know he's watching over me, sis and Mother. I can just feel it." My mismatched gaze fell on the moon, staring at it with a small spark of hope in my eyes. "Dad, we miss you. Please, come back." Those were my last words before I sighed and took a few steps back to lie down, feeling the sand crunch around me.

This was our night. Our night to enjoy, to bathe in the moonlight and just hope that father heard me.

"Talking."

ooc: Open for everyone <3
wordcount: 569
tags: Open.

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

"Dad, we miss you. Please, come back." She halted, her heart pounding in It's cage. Her harks swiveling upon their perch on her regal dome. It was him. Sadness pierced her heart, the thought of his loss and longing sparked the pain of losing MeMe, Harmony, Castiel... She looked to her hooves. Not only them, But him too. A sigh drew from her lips, and She took several shaky steps onto the beach, sand tickling her cornet bands, sending shivers up her spine. But when She raised her gaze, She saw him, bathed in starlight, lying upon the sands. He looked like a prince. If only he would be my - No Abishia! Stop! He doesn't love you. She glanced to the sky, the pelt of gleaming stars staring back down at her. It lit the beach, reflected on the calm waters. A smile crept upon her velvet maw despite the thoughts that raved. With a shake of her head, She then turned to him, who was about five horse - lengths away. A soft nicker escaped from her maw. Warm, friendly.

Even since the last time they had seen each other, She had changed again. She was still young, was still growing and maturing. Her tassels had grown a bit, her height increasing by about two inches, and slowly, She was filling in to her lean bodice. But her beauty remained, just hidden behind the pain and concern that was now permanently etched into her facial features. She took a few steps forward, toward the golden child's relaxed frame. She then stopped, the moonlight cast behind her and sketching her silhouette before him, the slight breeze rustling her locks, making them dance like they always do when the wind rises. A radiant, shining, But small smile graced her maw as She looked down to him, and his little precious Aslan. The waves lapped lazily along the shore, calm and quiet, the salt on the breeze bringing her back to the time when they would play in the waves. That one care free night was always cherished. She glanced out to the endless blue silk just behind her, then turned her neck to set her sights back to the boy. His golden frame, scarred and tattered. Blood hued and purple hairs sprawled in the sands, his horn catching the starlight at just the right . And the lion cub, the little blessing, perched upon his back like a bird would. Soon the innocent little cub would mature, and it would be up to his bonded to shape his nature, and She could only hope Aza would raise him right.

"I know how it feels to be so... Helpless, Aza. " She sighed, looking to her hooves before taking a few more shaky steps forward. She still loves him. She still cares. She still wants. But She just can't let it show. "I'm sorry, Azarel. You deserve so much. And I can't say sorry enough. " She turned to the sea, a soft laugh cascading from her lips. She glanced back to him over her shoulder, "Join me?" With that, She loped into the waves with a carefree whinny, splashing into the ocean with a breath of relief.

@[Azarel]

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Unregistered
Azarel
But this wasn't our night. Aslan and I were not alone because I heard the filly's hooves long before she actually spoke, I just waited. Waited to see how close she would dare to come, how little the space between us would become, before she realized she wouldn't have me. How did I know that it was Abishia without looking up? Because I remembered her, all too well, and I remembered the sound that her hooves made when they sunk into the sand.
And close she came.
"I know how it feels to be so... Helpless, Aza." No, you don't. She came even closer, and I twitched my ears at the sound of sand crunching underneath her. "I'm sorry, Azarel. You deserve so much. And I can't say sorry enough." No, you can't. I kept my eyes closed and waited for her to make another move. All the feelings inside of me were burning so brightly, as this filly was one of those who knew how to make my heart set on fire without actually doing anything. "Join me?" What? This time I looked up and when I saw her, I couldn't help but let out a quiet gasp at the sight of her.

If I had been younger - more carefree -, I might've just run up and joined her in the calm waves of the Endless Blue. I might've just not cared at all about what she had done, what she wanted with me. But I wasn't young anymore. My mind was the mind of an older, experienced stallion who knew heartbreak like the back of his hoof, and I wouldn't let myself be fooled by some childish filly who thought love was as easy to feel and experience like a war could be started and fought. "Abi. I can't join you." I whispered, just loud enough for the arabian filly to hear. She was a confusing little character, so... Childish yet mature. "Aslan needs me still. I cannot leave him on land while I go play with you. We're not children anymore." I spoke louder, my tune was neutral and I didn't show any emotions at all - at least I hoped I didn't. Inside, I was burning brightly and I could almost feel how the flames wanted to erupt into the cold night's air.

"And... I know you think you know how I feel, about my father and all." I looked down into the sand, glancing at the charms that hung against my chest. "But I don't think you really know what it felt like... To arrive home, and then see your father waltz in and die - blind and skinny like a skeleton with barely feathered wings - right in front of you. Not even a single word spoken, just... Glaring, blind eyes." Aslan pushed his nose against my withers, and I could clearly feel that he was trying to soothe me. The cub hadn't been there when my father had died, but maybe he felt my worry and sorrow. Maybe. "Everything has changed, Abishia."

"Talking."

ooc:
wordcount: 505
tags: @[Abishia]

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

"Aslan needs me still. I cannot leave him on land while I go play with you. We're not children anymore." She flinches, then turns to face him. The star light illuminates the pain in her gaze. She watches, listens as he speaks, every word driving a knife deeper and deeper into her chest. He was emotionless, bland. He doesn't care anymore. He doesn't want me here, he just tolerates me. I'll never be good enough. She misses him. Misses him so much She would drown herself right here in these waves to make things the same again. Small splashes sound as She walks away from the sea, towards him, and within a few moments, She is standing next to him, looking over him, her forelock dripping, small droplets of water clinging to her face, to her bodice. The sand sticks to Ger hooves. Her kissers twitch, a sigh erupts.

"I don't know how you feel. It's impossible. But I know how I feel. And when I loose someone, it hurts. " Her gaze bore into his pools, one bloodshot and the other was barely visible in the low light. She drew in a deep breath. I lost you Azarel, and that hurt more than losing any family member. "That sounds awful Aza. Pain is such a... " She looked away for a moment, droplets falling into the sands. "Horrible, horrible thing. " She looked back to him, a soft nicker sounded from her, for it made her feel so bad to see him pained. Her gaze set on the small blessing upon his back. She smiled lightly to the cub, hoping that little Aslan would provide Aza support in ways Abi couldn't. "And Azarel... I know we aren't children..." She sighed yet again, closing her orbs for a moment. Shakily, She reached down and touched her maw softly to the too of his neck, his tassels ruffling. Withdrawing herself, her gaze met his eyes again, the pain showed obviously in her stare. "But am I wrong for wanting those carefree times back?"

@[Azarel]

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Unregistered
Azarel
What had I grown to be? Was I really this emotionless, this irritated, nowadays? Or was it just this goddamn filly who kept following me? I mean, I liked her - admired her - but she was too clingy. Too... obsessed with love. I watched as she came closer to me, her head slightly hanging as if she was sad, and I felt my heart beating faster and faster with every step she took. She's going to give me a heart attack. Couldn't she stop somewhere that wasn't right next to me? "I don't know how you feel. It's impossible. But I know how I feel. And when I lose someone, it hurts." I closed my eyes again and cringed. She. Did. Not. Know. Anything. She was just a love-obsessed, clingy filly who sought attention wherever she went. My attention. "That sounds awful, Aza. Pain is such a... Horrible, horrible thing."

I waited for her to continue her never-ending chatting, but it had stopped. She was quiet. Why was she quiet now? "And Azarel... I know we aren't children..." Wow, she did? And I immediately wanted to slap myself for being so rude - that's not what Mother taught me. Silently, I waited for her to do something, to talk again, but instead I felt a light touch upon my poll. Don't touch me. She ruffled my hair. Don't fucking touch me. She stopped and I frowned, opening my eyes to glare at her when I saw she was looking at my face. I was dumbstruck, again, by her beauty and had to shake my head slightly. What was it about this filly that made my heart beat so fast? Why did she make me feel this funny? As I looked into her brown eyes, I saw pain.

Pain and sorrow were glazing her eyes and for a moment - for a second - I thought she knew me. Who I was and what I had experienced. But the spell broke when she spoke again, and once again - I frowned. "But am I wrong for wanting those carefree times back?" She would never understand, but I still told her. "I am not carefree anymore, Abishia. I fucking saw my mother get beaten up, raped, abused and my father died right in front of me without any last words and he didn't even fucking look at me." I stood up, careful not to drop Aslan who pinned his claws into my shoulders as his safety. "You're not wrong for wanting them, but you won't have them. Not right now at least... I have to take care of my mother - make her sane again - and I can't afford spilling love and promises that I won't keep." I looked away from the filly, closing my eyes as I took a step away from her. It hurt to say these things to her, but I had to.

For both my and her own sake.

"Meet me again when you've experienced love. And I don't mean this-" I turned my head and looked at her, pained tears filling my vision, and sighed loudly. "I mean the real thing. Goodbye, Abishia. I..." I couldn't continue, so I just left. My legs started to move, showing off the rippling muscles underneath my golden skin, and they carried me away far away from her, towards the World's Edge and Thistle Meadow. Aslan meowed loudly and bumped against my withers. I didn't say anything, and the silence eventually fell over us as we walked towards home in the light of the moon.
"I'm such an idiot."

"Talking."

ooc: ;-;
wordcount: 592
tags: @[Abishia]