Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
Kaj
The Stormbringer
Kahlua
The Sunshower

The Sunshower and her Stormbringer together again- the girl could not have been more radiant. She had been doing her best to stay within the herd as of late, to help more with the duties of the land and to wander less. Sometimes her heart strings pulled at her, asked her to dance into the wilds instead of stay within her glass prison, but the queen knew that her king bore a burden that was too heavy for his shoulders when she was gone (even if he would never admit it). Pressed up against his side now, as they walked, the queen was happier than she had been in a long time. But then, it was always too long between moments when she got to spend time with Kaj. Alas, today was not to be their own time. Today, they had business to attend to.

As much as Kaj too desired to lengthen their time together, hushed conversations between himself and the painted maiden had lead to a point where they could no longer hesitate, and a decision had to be made. So as they walked he instead reveled in her presence, enjoying it while it lasted. Words were not required for him to feel at peace with her at his side, and the silence was familiar and comforting. He knew Kahlua like the well worn paths of the Edge's forests, homely and safe yet ever growing and changing. As much as he'd love to discover how much more she'd changed since their last period of time alone, the weight of duty hung on their shoulders and he could not indulge quite yet. So he turned pale blue eyes to her and reached to touch her cheek with hopeful kissers. "Shall we call her now?"

“As you wish, my king,” the queen responded, her voice almost hesitant, but still bright, still dancing. It was rare for her to want to delay a gathering, to push aside the company of others for time alone, but with Kaj it never felt like alone. He was a friend to her in ways that she could not even begin to describe or understand, and the feelings that welled up inside of her when she was with him were often beyond her comprehension. Still, she knew what was right and what was wrong- and there was nothing wrong with whatever it was that was between them. “Aurelia!” she called out loudly, hoping that the young mare was somewhere in the forest caring for her children. “Your king and queen would like to speak with you!” She hoped she did not frighten the young girl with her request, but she had so wanted to convey urgency to the meeting. She was excited for this meeting and the implications it had for the Edge and its future.

Kaj smiled indulgently down at the small flightless fae as she spoke, hesitant sunshine peeking through evergreen boughs. Somehow he suspected that he eased her worries and anxieties, whatever they may be, and he was proud of his position in that respect. She would be a fine queen in time, Kaj merely had experience she did not, and he would not judge her early days as a ruler because of their different backgrounds. So he merely looked down upon her with a fond smile as she lifted her voice to call forth the sun kissed ivory youth hiding somewhere, hopefully, within the mists and drooping boughs of the Edge's forest. There was nothing for him to add to her words, his title already mentioned in her calling, and so he lifted a wing above her spine, brow quirked in silent question. It was her decision to move beneath the canopy of feathers, but he wished not only to hold her as he was so used to by then, but to convey a more approachable air to Aurelia when she arrived. It wouldn't do to scare the poor lass with an intimidating united front.

And united they would be, the queen moving her body to answer the question that the king need not have asked. His wing was like a glove that fit her well- she was made to rest under its very feathers.

-----

Congratulations, baylee! Aurelia has been chosen as the World's Edge Seer! Random Event will post later in this thread to show God approval of this change. Hooray!

(And random fact, due to German poster and a German title, the title translates to 'The Moon stands alone' which I thought very fitting!)

Image Credit

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Aurelia
Keep your head up, keep your heart strong.

"talk talk talk"

My home is so serene and calm. So, as I stand neck to this big tree, I lean against it and relax. There are sounds like birds chirping, and I wonder how good it must feel to sing such a beautiful song out loud. I can't sing right now, I'm far too tired. Instead of singing, my eyelids get heavy and my breathing slows. I am not asleep yet, but will be in a few seconds. Reptilian Shilva is with me today, but she is not wrapped around my ears like a crown. Today she is curled up on my spine between my two folded wings.

Now, I am asleep. It's a light sleep, and I know this because I wake up right as I hear my name. Who's voice screams my name? I am unsure. At first I think Brisa, but why would Brisa scream my name? I do not think she even likes me. I've never heard Aly scream, so maybe it's her? Is she in trouble? My stomach knots at the thought of this. My worry over rides my fatigue, so I stop leaning on the tree and begin to canter towards the voice.

I can feel Shilva bouncing up and down on my back, probably getting the horse version of carsick, but I don't stop going towards the voice. "Your King and Queen would like to speak with you!" I am flooded with relief. Aly is okay, that is really good news! After all, she might be my only close friend. Can I even count Africa as a friend anymore? I haven't seen the one-winged mare recently, and she's probably changed a lot since me.

Because people are always changing.

Except for me. I haven't changed much. I do need to change, though. Maybe this is why the Queen and King have called me? Are they going to scold me for not waiting at the borders in the World's Edge, or getting mad at Note and Sabel, or are they mad for an entirely different reason? I will soon find out why they are mad at me, but all I can think about are the butterflies that form throughout my body as I slow to a even trot.

A few second later, I see the pair. The painted Queen and the sand King. They are a good match. They have not let me down yet, so my faith in them is exceedingly strong. "Sunshower and StormBringer," my voice is calm, but on the inside I am worried. I wish they would tell me why they called me. I am almost positive they are going to scold me for something, but I wished they'd tell me what. I dip my head respectively, and continue. "Why have you called me, my noble King and Queen?" I do not smile, but I do not frown either. I keep my composure and count up to ten in my head to stay calm.

ooc:; :O THANKYOU SOSOSOSOSOSOSO MUCH! -squeals- I'm sooo thankful for this! :D And I love the way you did that opening post. It was really really nice! :D I'm so excited CX

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua
The Sunshower

In time, the girl they had called approached, and Kahlua smiled radiantly, bowing her head to the young mare in a sign of friendship and respect. She strongly desired to run out from under Kaj's wing, to practically barrel the golden girl over in her excitement, but somehow she managed to contain herself, shuffling eagerly under the protective feathers of her king. “Aurelia,” she murmured in proper greeting to the child, giving Kaj ample time to do his own greeting and pleasantries. And when all the niceties were out of the way, all of the gentle chatter that was expected of them, Kahlua cast her gaze up to Kaj, looking for his permission to speak before she simply blurted out what she had to say.

The girl was so excited because it had been far too long since the Edge had been graced with the presence of Lady Moon and she knew that it was, in part, her fault. She had been gone too often, traipsed away instead of taking care of the duties that had been assigned to her, but she was beginning to grow, beginning to watch Kaj and learn from him what she had not known before. He was a regal king, a shining example to the herd and to the Sunshower, and he was changing her every day, for the better, even if he did not know it. But now they had made a decision, had found time to speak in hushed voices among the evergreens and decide what had needed to be decided. It was time for Lady Moon to walk their forest again.

“Aurelia,” she repeated, blue eyes twinkling and her dancing soprano as bright and cheery as it had ever been. “We want to ask you to take a huge responsibility upon yourself.” The queen started here, edging slowly into the conversation that was to come, but making it clear that she took the Seer position as seriously as she took the position of Lead. After all, Lady Moon had given them their home, she could surely take it away with the stomp of a hoof. “And remind you, before asking you, that taking this responsibility means becoming a spokesperson for the Edge. If you accept, what you show to others will be what they think of us and our mission for peace.” Not that she had any lack of faith in Aurelia. She had seen only a good child, a mother too young perhaps, but a good child nevertheless, that supported their herd and had done well by them thus far.

Perhaps Aurelia had her faults, but the queen knew nothing of them, and she was far from perfect herself.

“Kaj,” she said then, with a respectful nod to her king, giving him the floor to actually ask Aurelia what it was they had called her here for.
Image Credit to Silk

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
StormBringer

Amusement laced the chiseled golden features of the stallion beside the energetic mare, endeared by her blatant desires to rush to the poor lost child and embrace her. Despite this, Kahlua had the control to stay beneath his wing, even with how she danced and wiggled about. It was amusing to him, but he said nothing, for he too was a bit excited to finally have chosen a worthy child of the mists to advocate for the Moon Goddess. "Be at ease, young Aurelia. You are not in our ill graces." Her nervousness was nearly tangible, though he did not doubt that Kahlua in her excitement would not take such a thing into account. Not out of maliciousness on her part, but innocence.

Pale blue slivers glanced up at him, and Kaj rolled his eyes lovingly at her pleading expression, nodding for her to continue on. It didn't take long for her to take him up on that, repeating the young lass's title before smoothly sliding into the conversation they were about to begin. Kaj was both impressed and proud with her growth, and wondered absently where she had picked up such eloquence and tact. It was not a bad change, of course, but his curiosity was present all the same. Even through her excitement Kaj was glad that Kahlua managed to convey the importance of the matter in her lyrics, the seriousness of the matter that they were presenting to Aurelia. It was the young fae's decision to accept or reject the path they were opening up to her, but Kaj doubted she would not jump at the chance to help her people, for she was a kind soul, if not perhaps a bit misunderstood. But was that not what their Goddess was at times?

Nodding minutely at the shift of speakers with the statement of his name, the King cleared his throat softly and fixed his eyes, kind but firm, upon the gilded lass. "It is your decision to accept or refuse us, Aurelia. Do not take on this burden simply because we ask it of you. Your free will should not be endangered for our contentment." But she'd likely had enough of the warning and the assurances, and so Kaj decided it was time to finally reveal to her what she was obviously waiting to hear from the pair of them.

"Aurelia, we would like to ask of you to take up our position as Seer, to serve on our council and converse with our Goddess. To keep us from impending danger with visions of our future, and to keep steady ties with our patron Goddess above." Deep voice faded out, allowing the information time to sink in and become reality for the young dame across the royal pair. "Would you do us the honor of becoming our Wise One?" he ended primly, tone deep and serious like a verbal contract in preparation for signing.

venomxbaby @ DA :: Blusl @ DA