the Rift

[PRIVATE] A New Beginning

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

KAJ
these battle scars don't look like they're fading

In the moments when the summons clicked into place in his mind, Kaj knew instinctively that something was not right. It was too formal, too resigned, perhaps even too intimate. Before he could remember what he'd been intending to do, or where he had eventually hoped to end up, the fear for his emotionally weary brother turned him on his heel and set his pace to a brisk extension that would have the journey to his Glazier's side swiftly done. In the caves below the Heart, Kaj had learned of the suffering Aaron had gone through, the loss of his family that the StormBringer could relate to so well it made his own heart pang with remembered agony. Since then, he had attempted to reach out to the younger, to fix what had nearly been ruined prior to the loss of the light. Even if Kaj had not lost his family on the scale that Aaron had, he would not leave his brother alone to fight the darkness by himself.

Kahlua arrives before him, Dragomir at her side, but clear blue eyes are focused on the pair standing opposite of them. One of which he recalls fleeing with Vikram and Smoke that fateful day, when his good friend had told Kaj that he would protect the girls and disappeared off the peninsula. "Kimber," he sighed out her name in relief, sweeping past Kahlua and Dragomir, advancing past the wall with gratitude swelling in his heart that she had remained safe. Unsure of her feelings towards him in regard to her leaving, he extended his pale muzzle regardless, allowing her the choice to accept or deny him. "I am glad to see you safe, Kimber. I feared for you all when Vikram informed me of your plans..." voice is soft, meant only for Kimber's and perhaps Aaron's ears, for it is not his story to tell nor his information to divulge.

Swinging slowly to face Aaron, he hears Dragomir's words, and they ring in his head no matter how he tries to deny them. He doesn't want to believe that the equine is right, that Aaron's intent is to say goodbye, but searching his brother's face he knows it is the truth. Sadness and understanding pass over his features before settling, knowing there was nothing he could say to change the painted boy's mind. So instead he moved forward, extending his neck in hopes of a last touch from his faithful Glazier and councilman. "You have taught me far more than I thought possible in my time knowing you, Aaron," he begins, his own goodbye and blessing forming on his tongue as he gazes somewhat morosely at the other male.

"We may not have gotten along at first, but you are my brother, and I am proud and honored to have had you at my side as my Glazier and counsel." Crown shakes slowly, trying to find the right words, the ones that would impart upon Aaron the knowledge that Kaj supported this new decision of his. "The Edge is forever home to you, Aaron. You have my blessing. Know that if you ever require us, I will do anything in my power to aid you. May you find what you are seeking and be happy." Silence pervades, and Kaj smiles, barely a ghost upon his features as his eyes slide between the two who had come to say their departing words.

It was not his place to ask for Aaron to stay. He only hoped that Aaron would remain safe, that he would walk a road that lead to better endings that made up for all the pain the stallion had never deserved.

----

Not sure how I feel about this post, but didn't want to be late <3

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
A New Beginning - by Aaron - 05-13-2014, 01:26 AM
RE: A New Beginning - by Kimber - 05-13-2014, 01:38 AM
RE: A New Beginning - by Kahlua - 05-13-2014, 04:43 PM
RE: A New Beginning - by Dragomir - 05-14-2014, 04:05 PM
RE: A New Beginning - by Kaj - 05-16-2014, 08:30 PM
RE: A New Beginning - by Resplendence - 05-16-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: A New Beginning - by Aaron - 05-19-2014, 08:56 PM