the Rift

Open-hearted (Introduction to Cherie) [Open]

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She broke down and let me in, made me see where I've been

I ambled along in the Threshold, again making my rounds as a soldier, to recruit the willing to our herd. Normally, I enjoyed my duty, but today it meant having to leave my two sons and lover Tares while I patrolled. I was jittery, and Neige could feel that. The little fox nuzzled my shoulder, hoping to comfort me, understanding that my tense withers meant I was uneasy. I hated leaving my twins even for only an hour or so; they were so young and I felt terrible for putting the burden on Tares, who had carried them in her womb while I simply could do nothing but watch. Next time, I vowed it would be me who carried the children, the one who dealt with the burden. I would never let her do it alone again, as I could not bear our short window of separation.

My mind raced as I stroll, when my green orbs caught sight of two mares up ahead. The first I saw was a blue roan mare, seemingly just having noticed the buckskin mare ahead of her. From behind, the white wings of the first mare obstructed her view of the second, but she could tell from her posture that she seemed lost and frightened. The faint outline of a heart marking on her hide came into sight, the dark brown of it contrasting with her light coat. I smiled at my luck, happily trotting up faster to the mares, eager to make an acquaintance with both the mares. I swiftly moved my svelte body until I was standing beside the winged mare, slightly behind the buckskin. From this angle, I saw a white horn shining in the light that danced through the trees in the Threshold’s forest. I smiled warmly at both the mares, ready to get my job over and done with and return to my lover and children.

“Greetings. I am Aure, soldier of the Dragon’s Throat herd. Who compliments me with their company today?” I tilted my head inquiringly, my brilliant eyes welcoming and friendly.

Messages In This Thread
Open-hearted (Introduction to Cherie) [Open] - by Cherie - 08-21-2012, 11:52 AM
RE: Open-hearted (Introduction to Cherie) [Aure/Sierra/Open] - by Aure - 08-22-2012, 09:39 PM
RE: Open-hearted (Introduction to Cherie) [Open] - by Cherie - 09-02-2012, 02:12 PM