If Only You Knew

Morrigan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Flee! Flee!
Run for your lives!
There is nowhere to hide!
-Smaug

She lifted her nervous head when the lady replied to her words, she almost laughed out loud, but thought better. She relaxed at the words, the attention drawn away from her act and to an approaching couple. A large cat took elegant steps next to a hugely pregnant mare. The sight of the feline made her shudder, the scent of it touching her nose and bringing her back to the moments of finding her mother's carcass. As they came even closer, she took a step back, shying away from the predator. Eyeing the mare she had just spoken to, as well as the one accompanying the big cat, she decided it to be safe.

Keeping a close deep brown eye on the jaguar, she returned her attention to those speaking. Hearing the new names she tried to remember them, categorizing them as something she now needed to know. Before, when she hadn't had a persona to uphold, she might have shrugged off the names, trashing them immediately. But this doe-eyed dove needed to cling to these names, for they were all she knew of this new world and her new life.

Bright eyes look back from the demon's head, a shield ripping apart the evil and the false innocence. Vying for the brain's attention, the innocence took the lead, reminding Morrigan of her need to participate as well as keep her act. "It is an absolute pleasure, I wish I was in better condition," She said this while shaking vines and such from herself, lowering her head and extending her neck to itch at a particularly clingy vine. Bringing her attention back to the two, again, apologizing with her eyes for her inattention. "So... if unicorns are real, are pegasi as well?" She asked with caution and peering out from under almost closed lids, acting younger then she was. She was reminded of her abnormal height, spending most of her life with a similarly tall mother. After her question had been uttered, she stomped, thorns clinging to her short fur and perforated skin. Finally rid of the grip of the spiked vegetation, she eyed the fooled trio, keeping her cautious glance on the leopard longer then the others.

The other part of herself swirled beneath, the silent hate of the empress didn't seem to be enough. She reigned supreme, and her distaste for this feline was palpable all through the mind. Her tongue felt dry and her eyes a little blurred as she was taken back to the exact moment that ruined her. The air is thick, I can feel it settling on my pelt just above the blood, which is congealing all over me. Still, I feel powerful from this blood, as if it was some ambrosia and all she needed to do was consume a bit of it to complete the transformation. Greenery pulled against my long legs, plants welcoming me home with gentle brushes of their tendrils. A smile took my lips, I didn't know what to expect of mother, she could be furious, or proud as nothing else. Either way, she usually rested just up ahead and I was going to surprise her nonetheless. The birds didn't sing and no rodents passed amid my hooves or anywhere near. But I noticed nothing, the excitement of what was to come tumbled around in my belly. I had no warning of the sight that I beheld and all I could do was stand stock still trying to decipher exactly what I was viewing. Blood covered not only me, but the ground, the grass, and it pooled around the figure set before me. She's dead. The fury which I had bore earlier in the evening, it returned, a steady wave of warmth washing over me which grew hotter and hotter. Death. It surrounded me and consumed me, an outer demon internalized until any hope in my soul dissolved in poison of this new devil. Abiit ad maiores. She gave that demon a tower and a throne, everything that it needed because it sufficed her needs. She kept her orbs focused on the equines, but darkness had devoured any innocence which might have rubbed off from her ruse.

"Talk,"
Think
Tag: @[Delinne]
Hover for Translations
OOC: sorry for being late

Messages In This Thread
If Only You Knew - by Morrigan - 05-16-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: If Only You Knew - by Agrona - 05-16-2014, 11:21 PM
RE: If Only You Knew - by Morrigan - 05-17-2014, 12:22 PM
RE: If Only You Knew - by Delinne - 05-18-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: If Only You Knew - by Agrona - 05-21-2014, 12:27 PM
RE: If Only You Knew - by Morrigan - 05-25-2014, 07:28 PM