the Rift

[OPEN] Horizons Gleaming Bright

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

An owl called out welcoming dusk into Dragon's Throat midst. Soon after the desert's insects chimed into the chorus calling the night to them. Although she loved her travels sleep never came to her as gently as it did whenever she laid her head down to rest at home. The ground of one's home cradles its resting inhabitants with a gentleness reserved for them only; leaving Rei to have her eyelids droop quite easily even if it was a somewhat early time for sleep.

Rei's eyes clamped shut and she moved to tuck her head under her wing to block out the last rays of the sun that glinted brightly as if trying to make their last moments count. It had been an uneventful day for the pegasus she had spent the day at the Threshold trying to recruit new members. Oh how she loved her visits there. It was in that otherwise ordinary looking wood where heavy burdens were cast aside for light futures.

Although she didn't lift her head yet Rei's black ears tilted in the direction of the sound of another approaching, "Hello there," reluctantly Rei pulled her head from under her wing and peeped one eye open to see who had approached. "This had better be something good." It frustrated her that she had been tore from her thoughts and coming sleep.

The moment that she realized that she had said the words out loud was an obvious one. Rei's eyes sprung open in mortification.

No! I didn't mean to say that out loud! It was as close as the mare came to being snappy. Her own words had sent a wide eyed Rei scrambling to her feet. "Sorry! I am so sorry. That is not the response I had intended!" An embarrassed smile was offered, "And I am sure that it wasn't the response that you had expected."

"Is there something that I can help you with or are you just looking for company?" This time it was her normal welcoming tone of voice with a little extra chirp added trying to make up for her earlier rude greeting. Rei was rather laid back with most things but any degree of impoliteness or, heaven forbid, hurting someone's feelings was an unacceptable thought.

@[Rayo] I hope that you don't mind that I started it, but I had some muse on my hands and figured I would go ahead and start a thread for Rei finding about her position in the Academy.

Credits: Thank you Shady and Tamme!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.