the Rift

[OPEN] Holy behavior won't make you a savior

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen
FAEANNE

The Basin was a land that should have made me back away from the blue colt as quickly as possible, in efforts to save the prized appendages that sprouted so beautifully from my shoulder blades. But it didn't, I was young and foolish and just so happy to have made what seemed like a friend. A friend that was my own age, a friend that could walk on water and thought the pathetic flames that licked at the tips of my wings was something amazing. A smile flickered across my features as I thought of the possibilities that came along with having a friend, it was a shame that we lived in different herds though. I hadn't really met any of the foals that were born in my own herd around the same time as I was. All of the happenings in the first season of my life were enough to drive anyone into seclusion.
“Oh! What’s that place like? We have all kinds of mountains and caves, and a lake that never freezes. If we get cold, we can go to the hot springs. Sometimes at night you can see the auroras in the sky.” I was brought back to my happy reality and away from my dark past when the colt's wide, bright eyes locked in on my own odd ones and words began flowing like rain from his darkened kissers. The Basin sounded beautiful, but freezing and a place I wouldn't likely find myself in unless I necessarily had to be there for some important reason. Otherwise, I would stand by and enjoy the wonderful stories of the snow covered peaks and the never freezing lake. "Oh!! It sounds wonderful! The Edge is a forest full of mist, that turns in to a meadow of tall green grass. But you have to be very careful of where you play there or else you will fall off of the cliff and into the ocean below." I was very matter-of-fact with the way I gave the colt a warning of our meadow, as if he were ever going to prance through the lands. In my infantile mind, the idea of a play date with a foal from the Basin wasn't so far fetched as it would be to an adult of either of the herds. It was nice to dream though, suddenly a question popped into my mind as I thought about the colt's home once more and the lake that doesn't freeze no matter how cold it gets.
A smile spread wide across my sporty, black and gold features as I tilted my skull ever so slightly to the right and allowed my kissers to part. "How is it that the lake doesn't freeze?" Of course I was fairly certain the colt wouldn't know the proper answer, but hearing the story he was going to weave would be worth it and possibly even interesting enough that the guilt I was sure to be feeling soon for sneaking away from Momma Eva and Papa Ruske would remain at bay for a few moments longer.

"Talk."
Tag;; @[Erebos]
Words;; 517
Notes;; Sorry this took me forever e.e

Credits

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Messages In This Thread
Holy behavior won't make you a savior - by Erebos - 05-18-2014, 09:42 AM
RE: Holy behavior won't make you a savior - by Faeanne - 08-21-2014, 02:01 PM