the Rift

a merchant's boy

Blightghast Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A solemn face arose from the shadows that the trees cast upon the ground. The pointy knives upon his dome, erect towards the heavens as he gazed upon the grey sky. A single hoop, pierced through the right ear, dangled and shimmered as the light bounced and danced around it. The sound of shifting pebbles and crackling twigs crushed beneath him as he moved about the endless forest.

He was not completely positive of his current position, he had been travelling for some time now, unfortunately he had lost track during. His coat was slightly dirtied from the day's trek, although not really noticeable considering his coloring was too dark to tell. The little beads attached to the ends of his mane and tail danced and chimed as they hit his hide and each other.

"there is nothing here" he growled, stomping a hoof upon the ground, raising the dust slightly. Trees and trees and trees, that is all he saw around him. His lips curled into a frown, he was clearly wasting his time here, there was nothing but forest. He heaved a sigh, there were faint smells all around him, from those who past or those who still remained, but from afar.

He did not know where these beings were, in fact he hadn't seen anyone since he arrived. His ears flickered only every so often, his steps eventually ceased, and he stopped to observe for only a moment. The forest was tight, tight with trees and bushes and foliage, it almost felt claustrophobic. His nostrils flared, his ears lay back on his skull. If nobody shows themselves he was going to run out of this place as fast as he could.

"talking" 'thoughts'

words 284
tags
ooc

table by Vossity

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

The first time she had come to this place she had thought it was a place of horror waiting to happen but now she found it almost peaceful walking through in the silence. Well almost silence, when you weighed double what you normally did and looked like a beached whale you tended to make a little more noise than intended. A more sensible mare might have chosen to stick close to her herd with being heavily pregnant and all, but no not this girl she was bound and determined to continue her habitual wanderings as long as she possibly could. To stop would mean to think and thinking was the last thing that she wanted to do, too many unanswered questions lay open seeking answers that she did not have. Some would come to light as the days progressed but the trouble was she was impatient and did not want to wait for time to progress, she needed the answers now!

Walking in the dense forest had become a rather challenging task as of lately with her large rounded barrel but she found it as a way to occupy her time and mind. A sharp snapping of twigs stopped her in her tracks her head immediately whipping up with ears scanning like radars for whatever made the sound. Someone was nearby, and a stallion.. What crossed her mind as a possible threat slowly diminished as she reminded herself of where she was, this was the threshold of course there would be others here looking for something or someone. Feeling rather stupid she turned herself to head in the direction of the last location of the stud she could pick up, might as well figure out who it is.

As the trees parted up ahead the tall figure of the unicorn came into her view standing stock still as if waiting for someone to find him, who exactly could that be? Why did she think of coming to meet this particular stud again? He was awfully tall compared to her short round stature, like looking up to a giant tho she was pretty sure she easily outweighed him and was likely wider than he was not that it would make a difference. " Can I help you find something?" She found herself asking her voice sounding much more confident than what she was feeling.

Brisa speaks

TAGS: @[Blightghast]
NOTES: :)

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Esther Posts: 26
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: Four Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Esther
Queen of the Stars

Why I returned here I do not know. This was the place Déodat had fetched me from to join the Basin. Maybe I could do the same for some other lose soul. My mismatched colored hooves take each step with care. I still wonder if the two legged creatures are looking for me. If they are, this might be a bit dangerous . If not, well just in case i'll still be careful. I stop suddenly, listening to the forest around me. The chiming noise is what get's my attention. What could be making a sound like that?

Quickly I change course to find out. I still move carefully, but faster now. I soon find out what is making the sound. I am the second to arrive, which means second to speak as the hornless mare is speaking now. "Can I help you find something?" She is a lighter build than my father, much like the build of my mother. Either way, she still is hornless. The dark stallion however carries not one but two horns, along with many beads and a round gold thing in his ear. He would be perfect for the Basin. "Welcome to Helovia Sir. I am Esther of the Aurora Basin." I keep my attention totally on him, as the mare does not carry a horn. I had not seen any in the Basin who do not carry a horn.... So clearly I am not going to try and take her home with me. For all I know, she has a home already.

"blah blah blah."

[Image: 538046fbcc311]
Please Tag Esther in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Esther at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

memories,
haunting my mind

"Can I help you find something?" I growled quietly as I saw the white mare approach him. This was my recrution, bitch. Another approached and I growled louder, glaring at them. "Welcome to Helovia Sir. I am Esther of the Aurora Basin." I don't give a fuck. Get away from the stallion.

"Oh, but you're wrong, sir. You're just in the Threshold. Here is everything beyond these woods." Slowly emerging from the shadows, I smiled at the stallion. I was supposed to be home and rest up from the birth, but that just wasn't me. I could rest when I was dead. This was one of the few times I was actually alone while recruiting, as Dezba was home guarding my newborn together with Azarel. It felt weird to walk away from them, but I couldn't just stay still until the baby was grown up. I had to move around. I looked at the mares, both were taller than me, and snorted quietly. Who were they to try and take home this one? My gaze fell on the stallion in front of me and I fired a smile at him, looking over him discretely. He was taller than me - but shorter than my son - and his coat was completely black. It had a brownish sheen to it from what I saw with the little light we had. His maw had a pink blob upon it and my first thought was that he must've been adorable as a baby. 'Gods, I only think about babies nowadays. Why?'

"Welcome to Helovia." I smiled, completely ignoring the white mare and the starry ass unicorn. The white one smelled of salty sea and forest, a smell I had been to wear before. 'World's Edge can bite my ass because this one's mine.' I moved my gaze to the unicorn, snorting at her. 'Aurora Basin can fuck themselves. My recrution.' I took a step closer to the dark unicorn, glancing over him. He had golden beads in his mane, small things that chimed when his mane moved. "My name is Delinne, good sir. May I ask for your name?" God, I acted like a prancy little filly. Time to act my age, or else he might actually follow the white Edger or the bay Basiner. My hooves moved back and I looked up at him, standing perhaps a horse-length away from him. As I stood there, I thought of Dezba, and my children. 'Dez, you there?' 'Yes.' Good, the distance didn't matter to our conversation. 'Are my babies okay?' 'They are safe.' Thank the Gods. I tilted my head slightly and looked at him. Please, let him follow me home instead of these young pathetic fillies.

"Talking"
'Thinking'
'Dezba thinking'

wordcount // 451
tags // @[Blightghast] && @[Brisa] && @[Esther]
ooc // Deli is not happy for Esther and Brisa XD

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Unregistered

His ears flickered, almost startled he moved his gaze towards an opening in the trees. His nostrils flared, ears forward and alert. What he expected to emerge from the dense foliage was not what he saw. A white, short statured mare graced herself before him. She looked a little on the heavy side, Blightghast tilted his head a little, eyeing the mare's large, protruding stomach.

She certainly didn't look like a threat, and probably was in no position to threaten either. His gaze softened, his muscles relaxing as he starred at the stranger. He was asked a simple question, but found himself puzzled for an answer. He wasn't particularly looking for anything, maybe just passing through? maybe not. He was tired of travelling, really, not physically, just mentally draining to his health.

"not... really looking for anything" he shifted uncomfortably, "I am more tired than anyting" he sighed. His thoughts and his conversation was cut short when another arrived. A large bay mare, taller than he, stood before him. 'Esther? what a curious name' he narrowed his eyes for a moment, eyeing the girl up and down. Her mane striped with black and blue, and quite a vibrant blue at that, and a star on her rump, with the same electric hue.

"Nice to mee-" about to tilt his head in a gesture of greeting, he was interrupted again. His ears lay back a little at the intrusion, where a black mare welcomed herself into the group. He didn't mind, considering he was an obvious outsider. She was considerably shorter than he, her hide accented with silvery stripes, they were pretty. Her attitude, a little pushy, he concluded. His expression still serious as he gazed upon the striped mare. "My name is Blightghast" he responded, looking upon all three of them in acknowledgement.

"talking" 'thoughts'

words 303
tags @[Delinne] @[Esther] @[Brisa]
ooc LOL almost pee'd my pants reading Delinne's post.

table by Vossity

As soon as her words ceased another's chimed in surprising the mare, she hated when others managed to approach so silent, like couldn't they make a little noise for heavens sake. Ice blue eyes turned on the bay with annoyance which only deepened with the pain in the ass that arrived next. She had never met either of them but already they were not making a good impression on her normally forgiving self, it was one thing to butt into a conversation but when they were the arrogant loathing type that was completely another. Neither of them acknowledged her presence in the slightest only pressing her buttons further, pinning her ears with displeasure she forced herself to remain polite. She was not going to give them the satisfaction of pissing her off, granted she was already nearing that level. There were two things that one should not mess with, one being anything that would likely eat you alive for fun and two being a pregnant hormonal mare.

Blightghast, hmm that was a rather unique name she thought silently as she wondered where he might have come from. Hopefully somewhere that knew proper manners when they saw them at least, what was it with these other two mares did they think they owned the place? " Greetings Brightghast, my name is Brisa. If it is quiet place to rest you seek I know of just the place, I could take you there if you wish to see what it has to offer." Her voice remained as sweet as it had the first time she had spoken, at least she was being genuine in wanting to help the stallion.

Kicking at her belly softly with her hind hoof she tried to dispel the pain of her child turning over only to lodge a foot or something into her rib cage. Please don't you decide to be a pain as well just sleep for awhile. Her silent words likely fell upon deaf ears but one could always try right, maybe the foal might take a hint and behave for awhile. Turning her gaze back to the stallion she patiently decided to wait for his response, while trying to tune the other two mares out as they were doing to her. Two could play this game.

Brisa speaks

TAGS: @[Blightghast], @[Delinne], @[Esther]
NOTES: XD and geeze Brisa is just trying to be nice haha

-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Deceased
Emily

Esther
Queen of the Stars

The stallion speaks, first to the white mare who had arrived first, then as he tries to speak to me he is cut off by a loud and rude mare. My ears pin back and my aqua eyes turn to stare her down. Late to the party. Good luck winning him with bitchiness. She had an attitude about her that I do not find at all appealing. He speaks again, this time with a name. Blightghast. What an unusual name. Either way, I would seek to bring him home to the Basin. The white mare, who had introduced herself as Brisa, seems to also have that thought in mind. I eye her rounded belly, wondering where the stud that knocked her up was. I know now what my General meant by all the mares seeming to be with foal. From the Lady of the Basin to this girl. I wonder in the rude pain in the ass has foals too.

"I also know of places to rest. One place in particular comes to mind as being very beautiful and peaceful." Of course that place was my home. The night skies were always lovely, and the days were just as beautiful. I really was growing to love the Basin. If no one else wants to be friendly, I won't either. After all, my father had been an asshole too... Why should I trust those with no horns? This unicorn mare.... Well she seems to of woken up on the wrong side of her meadow. Maybe she should go lay back down and get up again in a better mood. Either way, they could both take off. This recruit is mine

"blah blah blah."

@[Delinne] @[Blightghast] @[Brisa]

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Esther at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

memories,
haunting my mind

If I had only gotten here before these two morons, perhaps the stallion would've liked me. Perhaps I would've had a chance to take him home with me, recruiting him to a better life than he would have in the World's Edge or Aurora Basin. "My name is Blightghast." Blightghast. 'What a unique name,' I thought, looking at him. I suddenly noticed the huge ring he had in his ear - why I didn't notice before was beyond my understanding. Where did he come from, really? "Greetings Brightghast, my name is Brisa. If it is quiet place to rest you seek I know of just the place, I could take you there if you wish to see what it has to offer." She couldn't even say his fucking name right. I turned my head and looked at the tall, white mare, almost glaring at her. She was pregnant, as I noticed her kick at the belly and the roundness of her barrels. Brisa. I had never heard of any Brisa during my time in the World's Edge, when Mirage had been the leader. 'Newbie.'

"I also know of places to rest. One place in particular comes to mind as being very beautiful and peaceful." Come on. Beautiful? Yes. Peaceful? To hell with that. The Basin was a cold, dark place with racist fucking Psyche and Mauja as their leaders. Because surely, they still had to be leaders. Right?

As I decided not to be like the other two and leave out the names of the places they called "home", I sighed and glared at the two. Wow, I really had woken up on the wrong side of the bed. Though, I was still full of hormones from my pregnancy and that was one of the unwritten rules: Never piss off a pregnant mare. My head turned to Blightghast again and I smiled, a shy smile that a young filly would give her first love. "It's nice to meet you, Blightghast. I am sorry if I behave a little... Weird. I recently had a foal, so the hormones must still be playing tricks with me." I rose my head higher, to try and get to his level. Damn my shortness...

I turned my head to the mares, staring at them before parting my lips and sweetening my voice. "Brisa, Esther, it's nice to meet you as well." I crooked my lips in a way that couldn't in any way be seen as friendly before I took on the mask again and turned to Blight. "If you please seek for somewhere to rest..." Oh god, I was just like the fillies. "...you can come home with me. I live within the borders of the Hidden Falls, and I can assure you it's very unique and beautiful for sore eyes." I had taken on the voice I used to calm my children and from what I had experienced before - it had worked. But I had no clue if it would work on this one as he seemed more... Mature, in a way.

"Talking"
'Thinking'
'Dezba thinking'

wordcount // 508
ooc // ?

Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.

Unregistered

The white, plump mare was sweet and she seemed to have an innocent feature to her words. He watched her prod at her stomach but shifted his gaze away so he didn't look like he was starring, but my that belly looked like it was going to burst. Her offer was sweet nectar to his ears. His orbs glanced over to the tall bay mare who had chimed in as well, offering him a place to stay.

The little black mare began to excuse herself from her attitude, explaining that she just had a foal. Blightghast knew nothing of foaling or anything of the sort really, so his thoughts on the situation did not change. He was an only child and did not get the experience of having his own mother give birth to a sibling. His mind was confused, didn't all mares act like that regardless? Nevermind.

She too offered him a place to stay, how in the heavens was he supposed to decide? His face wrinkled into displeasure, lips curling downwards into a frown. He scrambled for an answer, searching within his mind for a situation he had perhaps encountered before so he had something to say. There was nothing. Time was running out, they were waiting, waiting for him to answer. His heart began to pound, maybe if he just chose none of them he wouldn't feel so guilty, but then he would have no place to stay.

Looking at all three of them unfomfortably he could feel himself screaming, screaming at himself to answer and then! "whatever's closer" his deep voice cooled and soothed his frantic words as he relaxed his gaze. His state of internal panic, hosed down as he satisfied himself with an answer that allowed him to wiggle out of deciding.

"talking" 'thoughts'

words 298
ooc

table by Vossity

It was rather interesting watching the other two mares silently battle back and forth for who was going to take the stallion home. The whole thing was almost juvenile, hardy the appropriate behaviour for greeting a stranger . In a way she was almost glad that she chose to ignore the other two so not to get caught up in this whole game of war recruiting seemed to have been turned into. Flicking her tail as she awaited her chance to speak once again her blue orbs turned to gaze casually over the unicorn. He was a tall handsome stallion with a lean muscular build, jet black pelt, a rather strange looking ring through his ear, long bunched clumps of hair and two horns protruding from his face. A rather intimidating character should you chose to pick a fight with would likely wield his weapons well, but overall he wasn't the scariest unicorn she had come across.

As she cast an impatient glance over to the other black mare she couldn't believe what she was hearing, seriously.. she was apologizing for her behaviour? Her attitude was not something that just was a coincidence or chance happening, it was just who the mare was and there was no changing it. Pregnancy hormones... Really she was going to pull that card, as if she thought managing to not roll her eyes after the words left her mouth. If she wanted to talk pregnancy hormones she could relate to, but being rude was not part of that whole spectrum but if she wanted to see what a pissed off pregnant mare acted like she would gladly dare her to get under her skin. Regardless of her rudeness she was determined to try and be polite to the mare. "As to you Delinne, Esther and Blightghast." She replied softly with a slight dip of her head to each in return.

As Blightghast finally got around to replying to the bombardment of offers to take him home, it didn't surprise her when he threw a casual answer out that really did not answer their dilemma. Thinking back to the map she had drawn mentally of the surrounding land both the Edge and Hidden Falls were fairly close to the threshold. How could she convince him to chose to come with her instead of with grumpy? Hmmm, maybe the fact that she was grumpy would cause him to consider her choice over the other, one could always hope. " Well the Edge is not all that far from here on the coast, we have a great view of the ocean and lots of neat things to see such as our glass wall. Well what is left of it after the darkness destroyed it, but we plan to rebuild it as well as other things." She commented lightly with a smile.

As far as she could recall none of the other lands had anything extravagant worth noting so maybe their magnificent structure may sway his choice as well as the view. The ocean was a wonderful view that many enjoyed, there was just something about the vastness and unexplored territory that intrigued the imaginations of everyone. She had to say that she had never experienced another sight here in Helovia that left her with such a lasting impression.

Brisa speaks

TAGS: @[Blightghast], @[Delinne], @[Esther]
NOTES: Sorry for delay

Deceased
Emily

Esther
Queen of the Stars

I am finding that recruiting is harder than I imagined. It is even more hard when you have other mares fighting to bring the same stallion home with them that you are. Oh how I wish another mare from the Basin would show up. I could greatly use the help. But alas I am on my own this time. It also seemed that I am the inexperienced one of the three. I sigh heavily as he asks to go wherever is the closest. Surely I have lost... Because to be honest I have no idea where the other two herds are compared to the Basin.

The white mare of course speaks before I do, and of course her home is not far. It seems it is my turn to speak now as I was the second to arrive. "To be honest it was not that long ago that I arrived in these woods, so I am not sure who's home is the closest." I pause to take a breath before continuing on. "What I can tell you is that the Basin is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. It is north of here and the trip does not take very long, at least it did not seem that long to me. Of course being from the north it is cold, but the lake within the Basin never freezes. Most nights you can see beautiful lights that dance across the sky." I tried to smile, to look welcoming despite my size. I hope I am not intimidating anyone.... Well, other than the black mare who had blamed her actions on hormones. Huh. I've been around plenty of pregnant mares to know that her actions were rudeness, not hormones. "I do not know about you, but before I came to Helovia, seeing another with a horn atop their head was a rare sight. The Basin is home to nothing but those with crowns upon their heads."

There. That was the best I could do. If he decides to go somewhere else, that is on him. All I can say is that I tried, and I will know more for the next time I attempt to bring someone home to the Basin.

"blah blah blah."

@[Delinne] @[Blightghast] @[Brisa]

Hidden Falls Curiosus II

memories,
haunting my mind

"Whatever's closer." A wide smile decorated my lips and I cockily looked over at the other two to see how they would react, since both their homes were very far away - but they seemed to be more stupid than I had first imagined. "Well the Edge is not all that far from here on the coast, we have a great view of the ocean and lots of neat things to see such as our glass wall. Well, what is left of it after the darkness destroyed it, but we plan to rebuild it as well as other things." Are you kidding me? The horned mare spoke as well. "To be honest it was not that long ago that I arrived in these woods, so I am not sure who's home is the closest." And then a long rabble about how beautiful the Basin was. My gaze turned to Brisa again.

"Are you kidding me? The World's Edge is exactly what it is, the world's edge of Helovia. It lies on the other side of the land, and it takes a few days to walk. I know, I've done that route before," I said, my tone was a mix of shock and disappointment - but inside I was laughing. Then I turned to Esther, a somewhat shocked look on my dark face. "And it takes several days to get to the Aurora Basin. There as well, I have gone." Finally, I looked at Blightghast himself. "Wouldn't you rather go to the Hidden Falls since it's literally around the corner instead of wandering several days to get home?" I asked, laughing like a maniac inside my head.

This was too easy. Way too easy. But it sure was a fun game to play.

Oh, these mares would hate me. They would and probably did already. As I kept my gaze locked on the stallion, admiring his accessories, I rose my head high and wanted to sigh of disappointment for my height. If only I was like... A little bit taller. A few inches. "Why are you so tall?"

"Talking"
'Thinking'
'Dezba thinking'

wordcount // 345
ooc // -

Remember?

Unregistered

Finding a place to stay was harder than he expected, why was he in such high demand? Surely these three mares would not gain much from him following them home, would they? He favored simply not choosing but he was tired and to be honest, too lazy to continue trekking to nowhere. His heart ached for his previous home, that was where he belonged, not here. His connections, his wealth, his family's power, was gone and this is where he ended up. Standing amongst three mares fighting over him in god knows where. He growled to himself, flaring his nostrils in disapproval.

His gaze returned to the soft white mare, who explained to him that the land she resided in was not too far away, which relieved him somewhat. The tall bay mare described a homey, pretty land, but could not tell him how far away it was. He didn't quite understand though why the horn was such a rarity, "Why is the Basin only home to the unicorn?" he asked curiously.

His attention shifted however when the little black mare spoke up. She began to clear up that the white mare's home was a few days walk. The bay mare's home was even farther it seemed, which made him frown again. Her own home was closest, according to her, but was it the best choice? Puzzled, his thoughts scrambling around his head, he was going to give himself a headache.

'Why are you so tall?', the question drew him back from his absence and he looked upon the black mare intensely. "It's in my blood!" he raised his voice, authoritatively. "And why are you so short?" he chuckled and sighed, he was ready to decide.

"talking" 'thoughts'

words 287
ooc

table by Vossity

This whole episode was turning into a circus before the pale mare's eyes, never had she seen so much drama started over offering a wandering soul a place to rest and regain their strength. Sighing softly all she could do was stand here and listen to the group of them banter back and forth about one thing or another. First there was the odd issue that Esther proclaimed about the Basin only accepting those with horns upon their heads, seriously? What was up with that, did they all think they were superior or something? Oh it was rare according to her words, as if! She had seen many unicorns around here in the short time she had been here they were no rarity if anything it was those without horns or wings that seemed to be lacking, oh and those who seemed to have common sense.

Another sharp kick beneath her ribs grabbed her attention as her ears flicked back in annoyance. Seriously child stop doing that! Regardless of her mental scolding she could feel that something was going to be changing in the very near future and she had a good idea it was not the going to be the weather. Instead of standing around arguing with these two mares she really should be starting to head back home while she could, but she really didn't want to just walk away like that. She had hoped that some company would join her but no one could force the stallion to do that.

" Regardless of the distance the Edge really is not that far from here, I have been wandering back and forth for awhile now without much of an issue." She commented gently, ignoring Delinne completely. If she was going to be rude who wanted to deal with her anyway, unless it was to make her eat her words. Hmm maybe if she really got out of hand she could fry her like she had almost done to that other unicorn mare Illynx, it was a tempting thought. The fire she had known about but it was the lightning that had come out of nowhere, but it made for a very amusing sight she would like to have it sporadically happen again.

"I would of enjoyed your company but if you chose to go elsewhere I will understand. Though know that my offer will always be open should you change your mind, unlike other herds we do not discriminate over who we allow to join our ranks." Her gaze shifted to Esther briefly before she smiled softly at Blightghast kindly. It did still rather annoy her that the Basin would think they are all high and mighty to only claim those of a specific species, that was just pure ignorance and plain stupid if you asked her.

Brisa speaks

TAGS: @[Esther], @[Blightghast], @[Delinne]
NOTES: --

Deceased
Emily
Esther

I listen at the unicorn from the falls speaks again. My eyes roll, as I grow more and more iritated by the minute. I don't believe I am the only one who feels that way, but then again I could very well be wrong. Suddenly I snap. I just can't take her bitchy ways anymore. "You know, if you just had a foal why aren't you home looking after him or her? Or are you to good to do little things like that?" I have had enough of her. I want her gone and I want her gone now! With a snort I turn back to the white mare who was current carrying a foal and the stallion. My tone is much softer when I glance to Brisa. "I hope your baby will mean more to you than to leave him or her alone like she has. I wish you luck." I then look to the steed and speak again. "i am sorry for the outburst, but she has gotten on my last nerve acting like a know it all. I do disagree on how far my home is, as when I was taken home it did not take days to reach it."

My aqua eyes cut to the Falls mare. I don't like her enough to remember her name. I almost wanted to dare her to try something. Attack me... I dare you... I'm bigger than you and will squish you like the bug you are if you try.

I listened at Brisa spoke, and to be honest I feel the same way. "I do will understand if you choose to go to a different home. The Basin is not for everyone. As for why we are all unicorns I can not be sure. For me, I love the cold. I love the fact I am surrounded by others who look like me. But if that is not for you, I do hope we can one day be friends." There, I am done. If the black mare with strange markings wants to pitch a bitch fit she can go ahead. I will simply wait until Blightghast picks a home and then head home myself.

"Talking"

quote quote quote quote quote
Image Credit

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle
And oh, poor Atlas
It was a beast of a burden..

From crepuscule, drab gloom and insidious corridors— from the depths of purgatory, Hades, torment and Abaddon, from sanctuary and paradise, Elysium comes forth hymns, psalms and canticles, odes floating among a nectar infused blessing, akin to raindrops and thunderstorms and the crash of the waves on a beach, violet and pliable, docile madness. It is a voice, then, keen, but not irascible, light as a feathery kisses across feverish sinew, eerie (and intangible) melodies. "Perhaps she has left her babe among those indebted to her, as we to them, kindred and kin in all but blood." Leisurely, flowing and succulent as rainwater across a roof comes the Nightingale, sliding her gaze downward across to where a Jaguar should curve about a Lightningborne's hooves, masking whatever hue the spheres would retain beneath long lashed alabaster, heavily brushing against her prominent cheekbones. "Left, indeed, with the divided half of her soul. A Jaguar, if you would, bonded."
Within a abrupt second, a movement upward, the acute, astonishing hue of violet, mulberry and orchid, most passionate nearest the pupil, a bowerbird's gaze. They settle upon Esther, glittering like a diamonds in sunlight, ablaze with brilliance beneath the turbulent surface. "Would you state, yourself, that you would not trust the Basin with your own suckling? Of course not. You would expect them to watch after it, as a family should. Time is ticking on, my dearest Esther, and we must further our kingdom's, or allow them to rot in desolation."

She glides her stare over to the grey from the Edge, then the Lightningborne, and finally to the newcomer. Serene, detached, a unruffled inspection across his lithe flesh. They are almost the same height, she notes, a wiry smile spreading across a alabaster and rosy maw. What had his name been? Bli— Blight? Blightghast, she recalls, the dual crowned, his bisque gold spheres gleaming.
Gemini.

"Circuta. Sleuth of the Hidden Falls— my superior being Seele the Necromancer." It is not a gloating statement, filtered with arrogance, nor is it one to exult her rank. It is a mere gospel, evidence and data, a factor, a statement, clear with the mild tones to which she entangles it with. A dip of her dome, her enigmatic expression sphinxlike and puzzling, modulated and silvery threads weaved as spiderwebs from her lips. "The Basin is far in the icy clutches of the northern reaches, west among the alpine climate. They are our neighbors," a cutting glance in the direction of the woman from the north, does she know of the hard work that had been done, the songs, the politics it took to herald a alliance? Of the hope that bubbled in her bosom, that the GildedBlade had come with propositions, ones the Caliph and Jester would decide upon? Would she be quite as harsh, if she knew they had sought treaties, friendship? "To which we have sought a possible alliance with. They are further from here then the Hidden Falls, as is the World's Edge, to the northwest, settled upon a cliff overseeing the brine. I have been to both."

And in both time's, she had fought for her life, or for other's, she thinks, grim. She did not mention that Wraith's had taken over the realm and darkness had heralded the horizon in one, nor had she mentioned the drake's that had wished to feast upon fresh babe in the other.
"We are settled nearest to the Threshold, under the God of the Earth." Eloquent, diplomatic and tactful, she adds on. "Distance does not matter. It is your heart we require, as all lands. Fealty, trustworthiness. Albeit, you may leave, if you do not wish to seek shelter among our ranks— the decision is yours, Gemini. Make no haste, yet think it through."
A breeze ruffles tendrils of mane, blows the aroma of hyacinth to perhaps quivering nostrils, saccharine and sharp as a two-edged blade, red wine at a feast, a intoxicating odor wafting away from her creamy, lithe frame as the tides upon a beach.

What would he herald, the timeliness North, the land riddled in waterfall, or the Edge of the world itself? She would await his answer, and juggle it within her mind gingerly, for the reasoning, the logic, the understanding. She was a sleuth, and it was her job to know, to understand, to bring back information and seek out lies and thieves.
"It is a.. pleasure to meet you, dual crowned, no matter the decision."

thanks tamme

Cause she's a Cruel Mistress
And a bargain must be made

Hidden Falls Curiosus II
"It's in my blood! And why are you so short?" I chuckled with him, quietly, and I realized I found peace with this stallion. "It's in my blood, unfortunately." I smiled and looked into his golden eyes. He was kind, even though he had seemed to be intriguing at first. "Regardless of the distance the Edge really is not that far from here, I have been wandering back and forth for awhile now without much of an issue." Wow, these mares really did not like me, did they? They didn't have a reason exactly, but still. They barely knew me and already seemed to hate me. Judgmental bitches.

"I would of enjoyed your company, but if you choose to go elsewhere I will understand. Though know that my offer will always be open should you change your mind, unlike other herds we do not discriminate over who we allow to join our ranks." Unlike an other herd, because from what I knew, the Aurora Basin was the only one to deny anyone without a horn. But apparently they didn't like some horned ones either. "You know, if you just had a foal, why aren't you home looking after him or her? Or are you to good to do little things like that?" Excuse me? I snapped my head to Esther, glaring at her with darkening eyes. Did she really want to try my patience? I took in a deep, shaky breath as she turned to the pregnant equine and listened with dislike to her words.

"I hope your baby will mean more to you than to leave him or her alone like she has. I wish you luck. I am sorry for the outburst, but she has gotten on my last nerve acting like a know it all. I do disagree on how far my home is, as when I was taken home it did not take days to reach it." "SHE has a name." I growled, staring at the blue-marked mare. "I do will understand if you choose to go to a different home. The Basin is not for everyone. As for why we are all unicorns I can not be sure. For me, I love the cold. I love the fact I am surrounded by others who look like me. But if that is not for you, I do hope we can one day be friends." SHE IGNORED ME. I took a step closer to her, still growling, when someone - a mare who I loved in the most platonic way possible - came forth out of the shadows. And she saved the mare from a certain death.

"Perhaps she has left her babe among those indebted to her, as we to them, kindred and kin in all but blood. Left, indeed, with the divided half of her soul. A Jaguar, if you would, bonded." Circuta. "Would you state, yourself, that you would not trust the Basin with your own suckling? Of course not. You would expect them to watch after it, as a family should. Time is ticking on, my dearest Esther, and we must further our kingdom's, or allow them to rot in desolation." I turned my head to the purple-eyed mare and the corner of my mouth turned upwards. She always knew how to insult others with her fancy words, that was one of the things that made her so superior in my mind. "Circuta. Sleuth of the Hidden Falls— my superior being Seele the Necromancer." Her superior was nobody. Seele was a clown while Circuta was the Queen, her mind much more complicated yet tidied up than the crazy glass-horned clown. I listened as she spoke to Blightghast with a smile upon my lips, but then I turned my head to glance at Esther.

The glare I gave her meant everything and I mouthed four words to her - four simple words that I could easily follow up to if I wanted to. "I will kill you." There was no voice behind the threat, only my lips shaping the words and a great smile after. If she had any intelligence in her little head, she would take the hint and leave. I turned to Blightghast again. "You can stay with us for the night if you wish, but you do not have to stay if you don't like our home. Everyone is allowed to explore a little, Blightghast." And with that, I took a step back and stared at Esther again. She would pay for her little sweet comments. I would find her again and rip apart her throat and watch as she would slowly die in front of me, with her blood upon my maw. And it would be glorious.

"Found a thin red line of madness."

ooc: -
word count: 784
tags: @[Esther] @[Brisa] @[Blightghast] @[Circuta]
DELINNE
Remember?

Unregistered

Blightghast listened to the white mare as she explained her trek back and forth from her herdland. She explained a few other points to him and he simply nodded in acknowledgement. He huffed to himself as the tall bay mare began to speak as well. His face scrunched in concern as she growled at the black unicorn. His ears lay against his skull as he listened uncomfortably. The two of them kept disagreeing on the length it took to get to this Basin and now they were attacking each other about their children. He rolled his eyes in annoyance, his nostrils flaring.

About to open his mouth he was interrupted by another stranger. Another female the color of midnight, a little taller than he with eyes the color of grapes. Her horn, the same purple hue, bowed and thin. He gazed upon her as she graced them with her presence. She spoke quite eloquently and he hoped it would dose the fire between the two brawling mares.

She spoke with clarity, finally a neutral party, he sighed. His prior knowledge that the Basin was the farthest was in fact correct, the Edge was second farthest and the Falls the closest. As he pondered the absolute knowledge he had acquired the new mare, who called herself Circuta had introduced herself to him. Looking up from his thoughts he softened his gaze, "A pleasure" he nodded.

Then the little black female spoke again, directing herself towards the tall brown mare. He frowned at her hostility, both of theirs in fact. Slightly disappointed at this unfortunate behavior. He cleared his throat quickly, "Thank you Delinne, for your generosity, and thank you Esther for yours" he nodded. "I appreciate the clarification" he glanced towards Circuta. "But I don't think I will be traveling with you" Blightghast turned his attention towards the white mare, "I think I've chosen to go with her, she's remained the most neutral and hasn't gotten her emotions tangled up with yours" he sighed, well as far as he was concerned she hadn't.

"Perhaps one day I will get to see you all again" he smiled nervously, turning himself towards the silvery female.

"talking" 'thoughts'

words 362
tags @[Delinne] @[Esther] @[Brisa] @[Circuta]
ooc

table by Vossity

On first opinion she had not taken the mare who introduced herself as Esther to be all that hot tempered but the situation turned sour quite quickly. No sooner had she spoken she found herself half gaping at the words now being exchanged between the two other mares. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she couldn't but try her best to ignore the pair of them, she was so not getting involved in this hostility. Her opinions generally remained within the span of her mind with them very rarely transgressing to spoken words, this would be why. Please don't let this be what it would be like raising a child, she could really do without the raging drama it created.

Casting a sideways glance at Blightghast to see his opinion on all this she wasn't shocked to see him looking rather bewildered as well. First he gets three mares descending upon him trying to offer him a home, then the rather rude opinions of the Basin mare come forth and now this.. well you can't say that Helovia was boring. Another mare from the falls appears out of the works to stand beside Delinne and quickly turns her sights on the new stallion as well, geeze she was really starting to feel sorry for him this was turning into a circus. Shifting back a little uncomfortable with all the drama and bodies she listens to what is said remaining silent until finally the stallion gets to speak once more. His decision had been made and to her surprise he wanted to accompany her to the Edge, a small smile turns her lips as she nods respectably to acknowledge his choice.

"Shall we start back then?" She asks motioning in the direction they must travel. " It was nice to meet you all, Delinne, Esther, Circuta. I hope our paths will cross again sometime." While she felt like saying so much more she cut herself down to leaving things on a polite note, she sure as hell didn't want to get on any of their bad sides or else she might be dead before tomorrow. Delinne's posture and death glare said more than enough to her, boy was she glad she was not where Esther stood. In a way she felt bad for her considering she was just stating the truth over things and now she had to deal with the rage that went along with offending the black mare. Maybe Circuta could control Delinne's temper so Esther could leave in one piece and alive. Well on that note, it was best to get out of here while they still could. Pivoting around she took a few steps back towards the Edge before stopping to see if Blightghast would follow or stick around for more drama.

Brisa talks
Brisa thinks

•• TAGS: @[Delinne], @[Esther], @[Circuta], @[Blightghast] •• NOTES: -- ••

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs

Unregistered

He turned to leave without really looking back. Honestly, he didn't want to get involved in any sort of bad decisions that were to come if he lingered around any longer. His ears flickered back, listening only briefly before setting forth with the white mare, Brisa. He wasn't sure how long he planned to stay, or if he even wanted to stay for that matter. He couldn't help but wonder what this new place may have to offer him, or if it had anything at all for that matter.

He halted beside her, glancing in her direction. He was a little relieved he decided to not part with one of the others, he knew that trouble would probably follow if he did. His mind wandered back to his homeland and he sighed deeply. The little gold rivets at the tips of his mane and tail dangled and chimed, the hoop in his ear swaying and sparkling in the sunlight. The only things he had left from his former life that he promised to never take off. Even if he was starting a new life.

"talking" 'thoughts'

words --
tags @[Brisa]
ooc okay this post is super blah, but I don't think anyone else is responding and this thread needed to be wrapped up. Brisa and him will need to have a joining thread at Worlds Edge I assume?

table by Vossity