the Rift

[OPEN] honey, i'm home

Antiope Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Dum-dum. Dum-dum. Dum-dum. Hooves drumming against the grass, carrying my sturdy body as proudly as always, letting me fly without using my wings. This was freedom, being able to run across a meadow without any restrictions or borders, without having a guard constantly following me around so that I wouldn't leave. That had been my life back in Elysia, constantly guarded to protect my precious youth for as long as they could. Twilight's shine showered the meadow in a beautiful, purple light as I ran, warming me with the last rays of the sinking sun. I didn't need protection anymore. I was six years old, tattoo-free and wild as an eagle roaming over the mountaintops - but I was also alone. My sisters had been lost without trace for three years now, too many seasons for me to count, and I would lie if I said I didn't miss them.

They had been my shield, my personal guards, during my three years in Elysia. My playmates and teachers at the same time. Using my wings, I started to slow down and flapped the silver coated feathers against the wind. One thing I loved about myself - one of the only things - were my wings. They were huge, covered in big silver feathers contrasted with chocolate feathers on the inside. I stopped completely and moved my left wing so that I could scratch underneath the base. I wouldn't be Antiope without my wings - that just wouldn't be me. Turning my eyes forward again, I shook my dark head to ruffle the light hairs upon my poll.

It had been almost a year - if not longer - since I had joined the Dragon's Throat here in Helovia. Apodis had disappeared not to long after that, so when the Darkness had shown, I had taken to the skies and escaped. Well, I made it to a small land outside of Helovia where the habitants luckily enough had been friendly towards me. They had been equines just like that dappled stallion, but they welcomed me as one of them. Until of course, one of them had tried to chop my wings off, that was when I had left and returned to Helovia.

As the Princess I actually was - but tried not to admit I was - I was used to horses fighting against me. Some of the slaves in Elysia had even tried to rebel against me, but Mo- Inanna, had thrown them out of the castle to their death everytime. I didn't miss her though. If anything, I would give my life to never see her again, for what she did to my sisters... That was not something I accepted.
With a light sigh, I rose my darkbrown head and slowly wandered towards the Thistle River. It was the second one closest to the Threshold, where I had been just a few days ago after the escape. Under silence, slowly I lowered my dark maw to the water and started to drink, thirsty after my long run. It was fun running, but it was also exhausting as... Well, escaping.

"Talking."
tags // open for anyone!
wordcount // 512
ooc // Antiope is back ;D
background by asphyxiate-stock.deviantart.com

Fraub Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Some additional exploration couldn't hurt, in fact, he had explored more in the wildlands than he did in his own herd land. Ah well, it wasn't like anyone would miss him, he was too scarce to have had made any friends yet. Maybe it was the fact that he wasn't particularly a 'home-body' and had always lived his life on the go.

His hooves, a dark grey in color, fringed slightly at the edges from travel, stood firmly amongst the green foliage. Violet masses sat scattered around him in a purple, untidy state. His orbs sparkled with orange, purple and red hues as he gazed towards the sunset. The sun's twinkling rays spread it's warmth on his pale coat as he watched it set behind the horizon. In the distance, the faint noise of a harsh, river flow pricked his ears. His bodice already clean from an earlier preening did not make him dismiss the reoccurring thought of cleaning himself again.

A rumble caught his attention, snapping him from his daze, a little startled, but not enough to jump, he turned his head towards the noise. Would hiding be a good option? Maybe. His mind contemplated this for a few moments before he realized he was running out of time to decide his crucial decision. As he stood in a slight fear the noise stopped, he frowned in dismay as he was half expecting to see someone on this quiet evening even if it were to turn awry.

The thought of water weighed his interest more though and he finally decided to head towards the river before it was completely dark out. He broke into a heavy trot across the red, orange and yellow tinted field. After slipping past a couple of trees and larger shrubs the site of water brightened his spirits and he slowed to a walk. A clean aroma sifted into his flaring nostrils as he sighed deeply, contented with his surroundings. Standing at the base of the water he did not notice the other body that he coincidentally was not too far from.

"talking" 'thoughts'

words 347
tags @[Antiope]
ooc a bit of a 'bleh' post unfortunately, hopefully something interesting sparks. ^.^

table by Fraub

Antiope Posts: N/A
Unregistered

It felt good to drink myself un-thirsty. It's been a while since I was this calm, relaxed, and it felt good. As I finished, I rose my maw from the river and looked up, closing my eyes to stretch my dark body. Slowly, I stretched out both my wings and moved them for a short while before pulling them close to my bodice again. My head was turned towards my left wing again, and a quiet chuckle escaped my lips as I looked at it. Wings were just a constant reminder of Brighid, my earthy sister, who was obsessed with her own. She had always talked about them, how great they were and how she was so proud to be a pegasus. I frowned. It must've been the ink talking, because I knew what that had done to my beloved, older sisters. It had destroyed them, transformed them into something they weren't. I remember the first time I saw one of my sisters forced into getting a tattoo upon their beautiful, virgin body. It had been Brighid, when I had only been a couple of months old. She was strong already as such a young mare, but they succeeded to tattoo her anyways. Her shoulder would forever be tainted with the light bronze tribal. The year after Brighid, it had been Selene, who had painfully enough been tattoed on her face because she had been too nice.

I even remembered Inanna's words as the slaves hold onto Selene.

"Her face! Ink her face, taint her fluttery heart! Or else she might reject the mark and be forever kind." A sigh escaped my lips. They had been so harsh on her, my wise sister. Her face had been inked with dark grey, jagged lines and curves, though it only enhanced her beauty. That's another thing the tainting did; enhanced one's beauty to unknown levels. And the year after Selene, Persephone had been up next. But she had always been different. I was two years old when my sisters and I lined up to see her tattoo session. She had been wearing a twisted smile upon her maw, enjoying the pain as the slaves slowly pierced her dark neck with blue ink.

I shook my head violently and sighed again. They had waited for too long with me and today, I was so very happy that I never got the tattoo they had chosen for me. Inanna had been joyous about it though - she talked about the tattoo she was going to give me every single day in the castle. It was going to be based with red ink, and it would be upon my face, just like with Selene. "Thank you, sisters, for helping me escape that fate." I whispered to myself, opening my eyes again. I had to find them again. I had to find my beloved sisters and see if the ink had turned them into cold creatures like our Mother yet.

That's when I suddenly noticed someone was actually near me. A white unicorn, with... An extremely unique hairstyle. I tilted my dark head and turned my body slightly to face the horned one, curious yet cautious. In case I needed to escape, I let my wings relax so that the silvery feathers touched the ground underneath me. "Hello?"

"Talking."
tags // @[Fraub]
wordcount // 551
ooc // Sorry it took so long
background by asphyxiate-stock.deviantart.com