Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

OPHELIA                

Light lives in the darkness beauty lives in pain
In destruction we may lose ourselves

But still I will remain

Ophelia knew that her sister had planned on going to the Deep Forest on a quest of some sort. She had seen as much in her mind, but the pale and crimson creature did not delve much farther. Ktulu deserved her change to surprise her sister every now and then, so like a silent wraith, the mind seer took careful steps through the glorious, perfect snow. The trees thickened overhead, their boughs weighed by the thick ice, and she made sure not to do anything to disrupt the delicate balance that had formed between gravity and nature.

She then spied Ktulu in the distance, and her heart filled with happiness and joy. Tinek let out an equally happy chirp and then took a sharp dive into the snow, a splash of ice and a loud woosh followed his destruction. The crimson and pale mare snorted, and the silver dragon perked his head from the hole he made, snow covering his nose and head. "Come say hello to my sister, Tinek," she said, urging him forward with a twist of her head. Ophelia then nuzzled Ktulu's neck as she shifted to her sibling's side, and Tinek took off like a bullet, running through the snow in a manner that was too squirrel-like to be serious.

"Tinek loves this snow," she said, stating the obvious before turning to her sister. "So why the deep forest, Ktu? What have you been doing lately?" Ophelia was dying to tell Ktulu about her brief encounter with Mauja, but she would wait until Ktulu had her turn.

BG | dragon | horse

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Ktulu stood watching Eytan as he played in the snow, kicking the powdery stuff every direction as he rolled in it. The young bear jumped to his feet and took off running into the brush. It rustled loudly and Ktulu smiled, stepped forward and shoved her muzzle into the brush. "Boo!" The young bear scampered away, shimmying up a tree once he reached up. The dark mare stood looking up at the bear that stared down at her.

The sound of her sister's voice filtered through the trees, causing Ktulu to turn and stare curiously. How had Ophelia known she was there? The darker twin turned her head toward her sister, bumped her muzzle against her then nuzzled her cheek. "I wasn't expecting you." There was a scratching, scraping sound as Eytan slid down the tree, but when Ktulu looked the little bear was already gone. Her lips twitched into a slight frown, but the rustling bushes was sign enough that he had not wandered far.

Her gaze fell to the dragon as Ophelia mentioned that he loved playing in the snow. Seconds later her sister was questioning why she was in the forest. As if to answer the question Eytan erupted from the bushes at a dead run and scampered between the sisters. He slid to a stop, wheeled around and charged toward Ktulu, his dark eyes set on her pale tail. She flicked it up and out of the way as the little bear jumped for it. He settled down, waited for her tail to fall before he grabbed a mouthful of the pale strands. "Phi, this is Eytan." she said as she stepped forward, dragging the little bear who was still attached to her tail so Phi could see him better.

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

OPHELIA </style>
Blame my cloven hooves, if I sink what does it prove?
I'll always be your prey
</style>

The pale and crimson mare smiled when her sister's whiskered muzzle brushed her cheek, and she softly returned the gesture, hearing that she was not expected. Phi winked her crimson eye and smirked a little, bumping her sister's crown with her lips. "Your mind told me that you were planning on coming here," she replied quietly. "But I did not search deep enough to find out why." She smiled a little and then blinked snowflakes from her lashes, feeling a pleasant tiredness overcome her active figure.

Ophelia's keen, dual colored eyes watched as the brush rustled around them, and a rather small, furry brown bear scrambled from the underbrush to her sister's hind end, toothy jaws open in an attempt to snatch white fibers of tail. Ktulu swished out of the way, and the bear calmed down enough that her sister must have felt it appropriate to give her tail back. The bear chewed on it, and Phi snorted in amusement. "Eytan seems to be your second child..." she trailed, humored.

Tinek popped his silvery, horned head from the snow and watched the bear, starting to stalk through the snow like a cat. He folded leathery wings close to his side, crimson eyes flashing as pupils widened. Then, with a thick, deep roar, the dragon lunged at the chewing bear and attempted to wrap his taloned arms around Eytan. Ophelia eyed him with a small measure of judgment before sighing. She had seen in his mind that the dragon meant no harm, so she was unconcerned with the quickly escalating battle.

Ophelia raised a brow as an errant thought of Ktulu's reached her mind, and she grew wary of the emotions her sister was feeling. Did she honestly want to murder for hire? The crimson and pale mare trusted her sister implicitly, but this suggestion was bordering upon wicked. Why? "Ktulu..." she trailed, her voice hesitant and careful. "Why do you want to kill?" she asked, the sounds of the forest drowning in their gaze. Tinek paused and looked between the two, dragon brows furrowed with concern.

CREDITS: Boom Boom

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Ktulu simply smiled as Ophelia informed her that it was her own mind that had told her sister that she would be in the forest. It was a little bit of an invasion of her privacy, but Ktulu did not care. She shared everything with her sister, so why not her thoughts? If there was anyone that Ktulu could trust with her innermost self it would be her sister. As Phi then told her that she hadn't searched deep enough for an answer the dark mare turned and nuzzled her again. That was exactly why she didn't mind having her mind read by her sister. Anyone else, she knew, would have pulled out as much information as they possibly could.

"Tinek seems to be your first child." Ktulu responded, amused at the way the silver dragon stalked after the bear cub. The roar made Eytan release her tail and look at the dragon who was then lunging at him. Ktulu laughed quietly as Eytan stood and opened his arms to catch Tinek. When the dragon collided with him he wrapped his furry arms around the dragon, fell over backwards, and rolled.

The light atmosphere was made incredibly heavy when Ophelia suddenly asked why she wanted to kill. Ktulu's gaze stayed on the dragon and the bear who both stopped playing and looked between the sisters as if waiting for the answer themselves. "I suppose you got that from reading my mind as well." She was not angry or even in the littlest bit upset. It had been something she'd been meaning to talk to Ophelia about, so she was glad that her sister had read her mind and found out enough to ask.

"The longer we live in this world the more I realize that there is no way to escape violence. You must realize that too, don't you, Phi?" She looked at her sister imploringly before turning her head away and looking out at the forest. "If there were no violence in the world then we would still be living in Isilme. The shades would have never run us away. Nyra would never have stolen you before trying to take out home and mother never would have had to kill her." She paused as she thought over her own words. "I realize that not everyone will get away unscathed, but I would like to stop that from happening here. I would like to provide aid to those who need it, but I can't do it on my own. I'm sure you saw that I want to gather more like us who can't thrive to their fullest in a herd like the Throat or the Edge."

Ktulu finally looked back at her sister. "I want to gather those who know how to heal as well so we can heal those who need it. But everything comes at a price. Everything. If we're to live as outcasts we will need shelter in herdlands for winter. A source of food and water when it gets scarce. Eventually warriors will need armor, amulets..." Her voice trailed off. It was obvious that she had put a lot of thought into a group of mercenaries and it left her wondering what her sister would think.

"I'm not asking you to kill anyone." She knew how ever little detail stuck in Ophelia's mind and haunted her. She would never ask her sister to do anything that would hurt her. "But I would like for you to help me by serving as a leader to whatever healers and spies we gather."

Icon by Tay
Ascended Helovian

OPHELIA </style>
Blame my cloven hooves, if I sink what does it prove?
I'll always be your prey
</style>

Ophelia snorted an amusement when Ktulu said that Tinek was her first child. She had no arguments to deny that opinion, and she watched as the silver dragon and the bear began to wrestle. The pale and crimson mare waited for her sister to answer with no judgment or wariness in her eyes, only understanding. She stood patiently until her sister's voice echoed through the trees, her eyes never wavering. The mare nodded, knowing that there was nothing secret between then, and Ophelia would only skim the top of her sister's thoughts. To Phi, Ktulu had been projecting this idea like a metal yell.

The pale sister's expression hardened when she mentioned Nyra, two colored eyes flashing with a strange emotion. She understood Ktulu's motive, and she agreed. Though she did not want to kill or be responsible for ending another's life, she would assist in her own ways. The mare was kind, but she was also a realist. Phi would help those who needed it most, those who were bullied, beaten down and needing assistance. After serving as a sleuth, she knew what secrets rested between words and actions, and no one should be subject to that sort of secrecy.

"I am with you," she said with a small smile. "I will help at your side and work with the healers and spies. Hopefully we will be able to gather information that you need." Together, they could fight violence with violence and lies with subversive exposure. Ophelia was a kind soul, but even she understood that not all wrongs could be righted through gentleness and understanding. Some evil was just too wicked and some hearts were too dark.

"My only reservation is that I will not hurt my friends," she replied. Mauja? She would have to weigh that stallion's pull on her very carefully. The mare paused and looked down at her silver, crimson eyed dragon. "We are neither light or dark. We are the grey."

CREDITS: Boom Boom