the Rift

[open] Bring Your Own Lampshade

Tsar' Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
If being wrong is a crime, I am serving forever.</style>

Everything seemed so at peace in this little pocket of green that I had found myself, there seemed to be a function for everything. From the ferns that grew up and tickled at my darker colored joints, to the ants that were crawling quickly up the tree through the cracks in the bark that were likely created by their ancestors. Their lives were seemingly meaningless, a routine that was never broken not even after generations and generations of different ants. Always on the search for food to bring back to a fat Queen who existed merely to pop out babies by the hundreds every day.
A sad life I would say, a snort tore through my sooty paper thins as silver pools drifted away from the marching ants. They had bored me quite quickly, hopefully the rest of the creatures that resided in these parts would be more entertaining than the minuscule insects. It was about this point that the approaching sound of another equine caught my dark rimmed harks, the sound pulled them forward as I hoped to be completely prepared for whatever it was that was headed my way.
Moments later the slight frame of the painted mare broke through the greenery and into the small clearing that I had found myself halted in. There had been no point in continuing forward and getting myself tangled up in the mess of ferns and trees, not when the one I was leaning on was just as comforting as any other that I could have found. Silvery pools judged her carefully as her own two toned eyes did the same to my own frame...I could hear the questions forming in her mind over what the scars that littered my cream pelt were from, and if it came to her actually voicing the questions I would have been more than happy to tell her the stories. In my own short-worded way of course. There was no point in wasting time reliving the past. "Greetings. Welcome to Helovia sir. I'm Abishia. I've come to inform you," As she spoke my odd eyes drifted to her marked features, but her words were cut short by the screaming of disrupted birds. My long ombred tail flicked in response to the commotion as the decent looking mare began to speak once again. "Possibly offer you a place in the Hidden Falls, but - oh dear, please disregard my rudeness. I forgot to ask of your name! " Her voice continued to flutter through the air like butterflies, light and airy, full of joy and what I could only place as excitement. As rude as she thought she was for not asking my name, I was pleased to have had a more talkative creature stumble upon me rather than something that would have stood here in awkward silence. "Well anyways, your in the transition to a new life, full of new opportunities!" She smiled as she spoke, sounding like a brochure for a boarding school of some sorts with the way she went on about a "new life" that Helovia would hold for me. My charcoaled kissers parted ever so slightly as I prepared to give my reply to the mare when the sound of another approaching reached my harks and forced my lyrics back down my throat.
The next member of my welcome wagon was a dark colt stained red with a spiraling horn and a small fox trailing along besides him. Foxes were a bit more bearable than those of the canine varity, something about their barks just rubbed me the wrong way. Almost like nails being drug down a chalk board in a silent classroom. "Hello. I'm Sacre and this is Inari, of the Dragons Throat." The colt's voice showed signs of his slow transition into a stallion as he introduced himself and the fox that stood by his side. Now it was time for me to speak, as much as I would prefer the two of them to continue on without me, I couldn't be rude. Mother may have raised a fighter, but she made sure I had at least the basic manners down. "It's a pleasure to meet the three of you. I am Tsar'." My voice was rough and creaky with misuse as the two sentences slid from my vocal chords into the light breeze that mingled our four scents together.
Luckily it seemed I wouldn't have to be the one to keep the conversation alive as the colt's kissers shifted ever so slightly and a fresh stream of lyrics rang true. "Have you travelled far?" Judging by his words thus far the midnight stained colt seemed a bit more...reserved than the mare. Emotions were guarded carefully by his pubescent vocals where the mare's light and easy words were decorated brightly with excitement and joy. Shifting my silver pools between the two of them I lowered my twin horned skull ever so slightly before replying to the colt. "I've been traveling for a year or two. Have you both always resided in Helovia?" As I spoke, I judged each of the new companions in my mind, trying to decide which one would prove worthy of my time and which I would end up wishing I had dismissed before even introducing myself.

SPEAKING
OOC: People are still welcome to join! I just had to get a reply up!! So much better than that first post!! ♠♠
{883}
Tagged: @[Abishia] & @[Sacre]

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
[open] Bring Your Own Lampshade - by Tsar' - 05-20-2014, 03:01 PM
RE: [open] Bring Your Own Lampshade - by Abishia - 05-20-2014, 05:12 PM
RE: [open] Bring Your Own Lampshade - by Sacre - 05-20-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: [open] Bring Your Own Lampshade - by Tsar' - 05-20-2014, 09:51 PM
RE: [open] Bring Your Own Lampshade - by Sialia - 05-20-2014, 10:45 PM
RE: [open] Bring Your Own Lampshade - by Delinne - 05-21-2014, 12:44 AM
RE: [open] Bring Your Own Lampshade - by Sacre - 05-23-2014, 11:16 AM
RE: [open] Bring Your Own Lampshade - by Tsar' - 05-23-2014, 12:58 PM