the Rift

[open] Bring Your Own Lampshade

Tsar' Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

TSAR'
I promise I can stay good.

Things seemed to be going pleasantly thus far, although I enjoyed the peace and quite of being alone surrounded by the greenery that was the gate into these magical lands of Helovia. The company of the quite colt and the overly energetic mare/filly was alright and as I had expected it wasn't long before the painted mare was hinting at the idea of me going home with her. What a thought, offering a home to a stranger who's name wasn't even announced yet. The colt on the other hand seemed to have a better head upon his midnight stained shoulders, offering no more than he and his companion's names before tossing an easy conversation starter into the air.
Just as I forced a reply from my misused vocal chords the presence of another was made. This time the form of another midnight creature stepped from the greenery, her frame stained by two colors versus the colt's one. A face of ivory marred by a dark spiraling horn and blue eyes that seemed to be quite calculating as they flicked between myself and the other two that stood in this clearing that was slowly becoming more and more crowded as the time slowly drifted by. "Hello. I am Sialia, of the Aurora Basin." I rolled her name, Sialia over and over again in my grey matter in a feeble attempt to lock it away in the filing cabinets. Aurora Basin was a different name than the other two had given, it seemed my choices were growing by the minute...and the entrance of the lighting struck mare simply gave me another option to choose from. A smile was stretching her white marked facade as she stepped out of the darkness, her blue eyes glittering with a light that was nearly enough to make me turn and run in the other direction. Something seemed slightly off about the lighting struck mare, but I couldn't tell what it was. "Hello, darlings. I am sorry, I never catched your names. Seems like I came a bit too late for that. I am Delinne, Sneak in the Hidden Falls." As she spoke her smile grew wider, so wide for a moment that I thought the skin that covered her skull would soon crack to reveal the white bone that rested beneath. She drew closer to my frame than the others had, close enough that if we both stretched out our napes simultainously we would be sharing the same breath. "Where is the Hidden Falls? I haven't heard of that herd before." The black colt spoke up, his boyish voice only a few notes deeper than the mare's own lyrics. So even he hadn't heard of this herd? I wondered just what exactly was going on in these parts and how exactly I was just supposed to pick one of these creatures to follow to their homes. "I assume that you are the new comer? If so, welcome to Helovia." The original black mare, Sialia spoke up from her spot near the other two, the painted mare who had fallen silent and the black colt who looked just as weirded out to be the only one with family jewels in this little party. The corners of my smoky kissers turned up in a slight smile as I nodded towards both of the new mares, a return of their greetings without having to stretch these under-used vocal chords once again. I was going to save my cracked and worn voice until it was absolutely needed and not a second before hand.
"Warriors of old, trained and true, do not belong amongst feeble armies."The deep baritones of another stallion broke through the higher pitched voices of the females as his large black and white body broke through the ferns and other greenery that sprouted up around him. He was a massive beast, about two inches taller than my own large frame with muscles and scars to match. His skull was bare unlike the rest of our party, where a horn rested on the rest of us was just a simple white blaze that contrasted against the black of the rest of his coat. Alongside him stood a horned mare of black and bronze with a shining white mane and tail, while she remained silent for the time being the other stallion spoke up once more, his voice rebounding from the tree trunks during their travels to the eardrums of the audience. "Archibald the Dauntless, it would be wisest to promise your skills where they would be of best use." His introduction included a title that the other's hadn't offered up and I wondered what made him so significant that he was allowed to throw the Dauntless to the end of his name, but that wasn't a question that would fall from my kissers on this day. Brawls after a long journey were not something I was looking for. "This is my bonded, Loretta." Silver pools shifted from the larger stallion to the bitch that was near the beast's heavily feathered limbs. I was not the biggest fan of the canine species, but as long as she remained near her bonded there would be no harm done to the either of us.
Clearing my throat, I righted my frame; lifting my shoulder from the cracked bark of the tree I had been leaning on. The stinging sensation that meant blood was returning to that area began, and grew strong for a few seconds before fading away to nothingness as my smoky kissers parted ever so slightly and my vocal chords began to vibrate. It's a pleasure to meet all of you, I wasn't expecting the welcoming committee to be quite this large." A light chuckle slid from by chest as my silver pools drifted between the party I had circling around me as if I was something of importance and they were awaiting the next move. "I am Tsar', and to answer the question Sialia offered earlier, I am the newcomer to these lands." As my lyrics faded off into the silence that I was much more comfortable with I began to wonder how things would be taken if I picked one over the others, would there be hard feelings? Disagreements? I had never been in a situation such as the one I found myself in now and it was slightly overwhelming...not even to mention the fact I was surrounded by strangers.
"In answer to your question, I was born in Helovia to the Aurora Basin herd, my family still reside there in the mountains I think. I grew restless and ended up travelling until I found my place in the warmth of the Throat herd. I don't know what you're looking for, but as you can see there's plenty to do if you wish to stay. I found my strength in the Dragons Throat, that and many friends, as others have to their own lands and I will too, the southern most land would welcome you heartily if you so choose to walk in our direction." Dark rimmed harks swiveled in the direction of the black colt as his boyish voice filled the air once more, a welcome distraction from the thoughts that were drifting through my mind as he told me about his home and his life in Helovia. A smile cracked my harded features as my broad crown dipped towards him and my kissers parted once more. "Your home sounds lovely Sacre, it is a gift to find a place you fit in so nicely." Looking back towards the others before settling on the two blue eyed mares, each stunning in their own way, I spoke once again hoping someone would give me an easier choice on where my path would lead. "Before I can give an answer to anyone though, I would like to know more about these various herds...just to try and get a feel as to where I would be most interested in spending my days." As of yet, I was clueless as to where it would be that I would rest my head, where I would pledge my loyalty and possibly even my life too.

"my few words"
OOC: Holy smokes, so many characters... ♠♠
{1,366}
Tagged: @[Ktulu] @[Sialia] @[Delinne] @[Archibald] @[Abishia] @[Sacre]

Messages In This Thread
[open] Bring Your Own Lampshade - by Tsar' - 05-20-2014, 03:01 PM
RE: [open] Bring Your Own Lampshade - by Abishia - 05-20-2014, 05:12 PM
RE: [open] Bring Your Own Lampshade - by Sacre - 05-20-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: [open] Bring Your Own Lampshade - by Tsar' - 05-20-2014, 09:51 PM
RE: [open] Bring Your Own Lampshade - by Sialia - 05-20-2014, 10:45 PM
RE: [open] Bring Your Own Lampshade - by Delinne - 05-21-2014, 12:44 AM
RE: [open] Bring Your Own Lampshade - by Sacre - 05-23-2014, 11:16 AM