the Rift

[OPEN] get your shit together

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

She winced as every step seemed to pull the skin farther and farther away from the gashes on her shoulder, tearing it apart even more as her muscled contracted and flexed. Crusted blood cracked as clefts met ground, but she couldn't help but be tempted to do it again. So that is what she did, curling her neck to the left shoulder this time, she drove her horn into her shoulder, dragging it along her flesh to create a cut that was deeper, but only about 2 inches long, compared to the seven on her right shoulder, one on top of the other, each about four inches long. A grunt escaped her maw as blood trickled down her white fore-limb, staining it red with the constant stream. But she ignored it, and pushed on through the somber woodland.

Alone and well... Lonely, she did the only thing she could think to do; sing. Her song was one that she had memorized from her time with Province, seasons ago, it was her people's folk song, sang in a language that Abi had easily caught onto when she lived there for about a season. But her memory was slowly fading with every painful day, and all she could remember was the song and some key words. The beautiful tunes rang through what seemed to be the empty forest, it echoed off the green waters that she whisked by; but then her vocals halted just as she, under a large willow. It's vines reached down to caress her spine, causing her to nicker with pleasure. She smiled softly, but blood still ran in a thin but continuous stream down her leg, and onto the earth.

The silence. For several moments she sat perfectly still, staring out from under the willow's vines, it's touches soft as the thin, wispy branches surrounded her, like a sweet embrace that she so desperately needed. She then moved, looking from side to side, then only bothering to glance momentarily down to the small puddle of blood beneath her. "Hello?"

@[Windwalker]

For Windy and Abi to meet again <3

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Windwalker Posts: 133
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Nanna

I smell blood.

It is just a faint scent at the moment, but when I move, I catch it's trace. And I follow it like a hunter. With ears laid back and head held low, I only stop a few times to ensure I have not wandered too far. But soon enough, I need to stop again, for somthing else is pulling at my senses. Are someone singing? No way. I snort at my situation and think over my options. A deer can not sing, so either there are two horses here or someone is hurt and singing. I put my money on the first option.

With a few steps, I turn my body around to walk away, but I stop myself when the song fades. Damn.. I am too curious. "I should get myself a real hobby.." I mutter as I once again follow the silence and the smell. It grows stronger and I can just see someone under a large willow ahead.

Princess?

The second reality hits me, I barge forward, ears flat against my poll and a touch of panic in my heavy breath. "Who hurt you?!" I almost scream before I reach her and the hideout. "Tell me his name and I'll fucking tear his beating heart from his chest!!" With so much emotion and panic mixed together in my already fractured mind, I can not see straight, so I trot around her to assess the damage. It looks bad, but it's not the worst wounds I have ever seen on a living horse.

When I finally feel ready to take control over my body, I end up in front of her, eyes still swirling fast. I still breathe as heavy as my chest will allow when I demand an answer again. "Who did this?"

@[Abishia]
OOC - So funny to see Windy in panic hahaha

Windwalker
[Image: 53837ef3a55e5]

I hate and I love. Why, you may ask?
I don’t know, but it’s happening, and I burn.
Please Tag Windwalker In Replies

Hidden Account
Wild.
:

Her harks flicked as the sound of horned became apparent. With every step the equine took, she listened over the thumping of her blood on the forest floor. Her nerves kicked in as every step came closer, closer, until soon enough she could see a figure. Through the congress she stared, her heart in her throat as she looked upon no-one other, but Arcane. Hey harks flattened as he pushed himself through the vines, immediately mentioning her wounds with some kind of...fury? Proctectivness? She couldn't help but let a small smile longer on her velvets. She looked to him, the way he was so worried for her warned her heart, made it skip a beat. But no matter what, she could never tell him who did it... he would be mortified... but he just might under stand. She looked to the forest floor, her heart thumping in her throat as he stood just in front of her, questioning the sound upon her shoulder. Oh fuck, it hurts. She simply wanted to scream, lie on her good side (well somewhat good, anyways...) and die.

Slowly, she met his intense stare, with her own that was just add filled with emotion, but with pain, sorrow. Her nares flared, and she looked away, her voice hardly audible, but if Arcane truly cared, he would put an effort forth to hear her painful, rusty tones. "Just let me die." She looked back to him, eyes a blaze, her harks pinned. But she wasn't mad with him, no, she adored him, she was just mad at the world, and everything in it. Why can't expressing my feelings be as easy as singing? She took a deep, ragged breath, then MeMe decided it was the right time for her to voice her bitchy opinions. Useless kid. Her voice was strong... too strong. Too prominent and too hurtful. The cringe that racked the child was apparent.

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

Hidden Account
Nanna

I have never said I am good at reading thoughts in others, but I know when something is not right. Something or someone is bothering my Princess and that I can not live with. And her words, spoken so full of pain, stirred something deep inside of me. "I will never let you die, Princess. Never." Why are she speaking so grimly of her future when she have so much to live for? She have not yet found that special one or even brought new life to this earth. Her journey have just begun.

And now she want to end it? Not while I am around. I try to find the reason for her sudden change of mind, but I come out blank. So I ask, with a low voice and care in every word: "What happened?" And don't lie to me, Princess. I may not be able to see though you, but I know when someone lies to my face. I don't like that.

I stand and wait for an answer I may not like, but I have to know what the hell is going on. My thoughts begin to wander on who I may be forced to teach a lesson on how to properly treat a young mare or even how I am going to kill someone in the worst way possible. But I can tell you this: Someone is going to pay for this. In blood.

@[Abishia]

Windwalker

Hidden Account
Wild.

"I will never let you die, Princess. Never." This made her feel utterly warm, turning the tops of her harks into stove-tops. But she couldn't help but wonder if Arcane was just another one of The Stallions. But maybe this horse that has been through so much loss himself, would know better than to jeporidize losing yet another, he supposedly cares for. Just by the way he looked down at her showed how furious he really was, at someone or something out there that never committed a crime. He asked again, what had happened, still as intense as earlier.

No words could describe how uncomfortable, how scared, she was of his response. How guilty she felt, how mad she felt, how sad she felt. No one ever asks her what happens. No one has ever truly cared enough to wonder, perhaps. Her belly lurches and her stomach is twisted into tight knots. Her weight shifts upon slate grey clefts, the feather just above her shoulder rustling against her chestnut coat. Her gaze flutters nervously along the ground... Trying to find something to say, something he would believe. An excuse.

But after several moments, her mind's slate is still wiped clean from the panic. Tentatively, she looks back up to him, extending her maw to touch his gently. There was so much fear, pain, and sorrow in her heart, but so much caring and so much love. It all clashed... Internally turning her into a monster that was getting larger and larger for it's little cage with every moment, with every discouraging word, every doubt and every fear. It has proved itself to be a destroyer, even the sanest of the sane would be destroyed if it crossed their path. "Arcane, why do you worry so much for me, when I have never done a thing to... help, or-or, aide you." Tears gathered in her tear ducts, and for once she didn't home them back, but she didn't let them take her over. As she looked to him, they slowly fell from her orbs that used to be lively, joyful, that were now etched deep with scars of her battles, the little battles in life; life was war. Every battle fought for and with losses, some rewards larger than the others. "Dear Arcane... I-I don't understand why I like you so much..." Her breath caught as she admitted her like (possibly love) for a Stallion that would never chose her. He would never waste his time as her mate... Or at least as she tricks herself into thinking. The tears come faster now. "and, and, I don't want to lose you like i lost everyone else." Her shoulders flexed as a cringe encompassed her lean bodice. Her legs trembled, but she still kept strong.

"You say you would hurt whoever did this to me," She paused, sniffling. She just wanted to run away. But now, someone was here for her, and she was afraid. Thats all she had ever wanted, was for someone to care, but now she is cowering with fear, too scared to pour her feelings out to the one soul that actually gave a shit? Nerves made her cheeks turn hot, but she spoke anyways, dropping her head slightly, though. "But... That would mean you would have to hurt me. "

"blah blah blah."
@[Windwalker]

MMMMMM THESE TWO JUST ARE PERF <3
ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

Hidden Account
Nanna

It takes too long for her to answer me and when my Princess finally breaks the iron barrier between us, I let her. Our maws touch, just like I used to do with Africa, but this is different. This is someone who needs it, someone who craves love just as much as I do. I will never deny someone my love, male or female, so I let her share my air as I breathe in her scent. "Because I know how it feels." The words are barely a whisper, but they hit with the force of a tornado. I close my eyes when the thunder rumbles and when I open them again, all I can see are her tears.

What a waste of a beauty you are, my Princess. I wish you knew what I would do for you, as killing is only a fraction of what I am capable of. I do not understand why you do not fear me after what I did and most of all, how you are able to see who I really am. I am not a schizophrenic monster with dual personalities. No, I am a good boy, a happy boy with dreams and a burning wish to make someone as happy as you make me. But it hurts to see you like this, that I can not deny.

"I want to make you happy, Princess. I want to see you smile again and laugh as there are no tomorrow. I want to see you grow up and have a family and.. and I want to be with you, because you do all those things for me. You make me happy and careless and.. normal." Words suddenly spill out of my mouth, thoughts I never ment to share with anyone, not even her. I am willing to do anything to make you stop crying, even share my deepest desires. But as always, I am not sure if it's enough.

Nothing is ever enough, I know that, but I try. I even try to let the truth about who hurt her pass, but as I am all too aware of what can happen when someone begin to hurt themselves, I search for a solution. I find it soon enough and before I know, my head is facing away from her and my teeth have found fur and flesh. With a jerk of my head, I rip off a piece of skin from my shoulder, just beneath where my wings once were. It is not deep, but it's big enough for blood to spill out and color my skin red. I spit out the flesh before I turn my head to her. "We are in this together. What happens to you, happens to me."

OOC- I almost cried. Dammit! They are soooooo cuuute (and weird)!
@[Abishia]

Windwalker

Hidden Account
Wild.

Tears of pain and hurt were replaced with tears of utter joy, a subtle smile crawling across her maw as she looked up to him. Her heart still seemed to be in her throat, thumping so loud she was worried he could hear. Finally, someone understood, someone who had come across so horrid, so evil, has turned into her angel, her light, her prince. He knew how it felt to be left. He said this flat out, and it had truly touched her heart, because someone who knew what it felt like to be felt, torn and bruised, battered and broken, knew how it felt to be left, most likely wouldn't leave someone because they knew how it felt to cut so deep, to be pained so deeply, that it feels as if life cannot continue. To the point self-harm becomes an option. The breaking point. The time when the thought of dying seems to be the only relief left.

But his next words, they took the breath straight from her lungs. His sincerity, his way of speaking, and how he did it when she was in such close proximity to her, after she had made physical contact with him, and he still held eye-contact? Is this what a true man should be like? Is this how her heart should beat wildly, how her stomach would contract and toil as butterflies flew carelessly within her, how she would feel whole again, and as he said, normal. He wants to see her smile, he wants to see her laugh. He actually cares for her feelings, over his. Now, how he stands before her, looming over her broken bodice, spewing words of adoration and support, and love, possibly? She looks to him, her smile full of warmth and her heart still beating rapidly, and she smiles, genuinely, for the first time in all her life it seems, and damn, is it glamorous. He wants her to have a family, and he wants to be by her side. She fumbles with the puzzle pieces, his words confusing at first but then falling into place perfectly with one another. He cares for me. He wants to be with me, I'm his Princess and he is my Prince. I want to have a family with him, and maybe that is what he wants too. I want to love him... Like I've never loved anyone. I can already feel that love for him rising within me. It isn't a doubt anymore. I love Arcane and I can't deny it. And just then, she parts her maw to begin to speak, but snaps it shut as the ebony boy before her cranes his neck, wounds himself and throws his torn pelt her way. Her eyes widen, and she gasps slightly, but her harks still strain forward to hear his words.

"We are in this together. What happens to you, happens to me." She shook her head rapidly, No! He can't feel what I feel. It will be too much pain. It will hurt me even more to see him hurt, even like this. She shuffled forward to the side in which he injured himself, without flinching, ruthlessly, for love. Even though it made her feel on cloud 9 to know he cared for her to a point he would sacrifice his own physical pain, and it meant the world, she couldn't bring herself to accept the fact that he would just simply tear himself to shreds for her, literally. Gently, she rested her maw above the red wound, blood dripping from it, just like the drips that fell from her at the very moment. "No...No... My love, please, it hurts to see you... Hurt yourself. " She then stepped backwards, to look at him straight out once again, this time, she brushed her lips against his, for the second time. "Your words, they are enough to heal me. " Tears of joy dripped from her pools that were now drained of all sorrow and pain. "You make me happy. We can make each other happy. I want to be with you, I do. " She took a deep breath, retracting her maw, "Yo-you und-understand m-m-me," She choked on her words, inwardly, she scolded herself for being such a fool before him... But really, he had just accepted her "childish" actions (or so she thought they were), so why not. Fuck it. The tears came faster now. But she wasn't sad. She smiled as they wetted her soft chestnut cheeks, a small laugh escaping her. "Gods, who would've thought. We started off rough, and now look at us. I think I love you Arc-" She stopped, horrified that she had actually said it, she had actually fucking said it.

She stumbled backwards a bit, remembering Azarel's reaction to her confession all those moons again. Ragged breathes once again racked her lean bodice. Worry cloaked her. She didn't want him to leave, she didn't want him to run. "Wait... I didn't mean to say that." Her pools now drained of all light. They turned into two dark, mysterious abysses. Her heart thumped harder, nervousness and worry and fright all balling up inside her, "P-please don't run away from me. Please d-don't leave because I said it..." Tears and blood seemed to fall to the floor in sync. One after another. A broken girl and an equally broken boy. But possibly the broken pieces will fit together, and with each other, they will become whole.

"blah blah blah."
@[Windwalker]
OH MY GOODNESS. These two make me so emotional! How he just was like hurt himself right on the spot for her is so heart touching

I LOVEEEEEEE THEM

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines

Hidden Account
Nanna

This is kind of bad in a good way. As I stand and hear you speak, I wonder how so much wrong makes things right. I do not understand you nor do I believe you will be with me. But as weird things goes, it does not matter. I have only your words to go by and your actions to judge you on. It is good enough for me. So I smile as you call me 'my love' and I listen when you speak without thinking. It is quite cute how you try to say the right things to get what you want. And it works.

"Why didn't you mean it?" I ask as you stumble backwards at the words you dare not speak. Have it hurt you before? And if it's true, who hurt you? I don't think I will get the answer I want, so I close the gap between us with one single step. "And why would I run?" You look so frail as you stand before, so scared of what once were and what can be. Am I not different from anyone else or do you see me as a bad boy? Maybe we know too little of eachother to know what to say when the other stumbles. At least I know some thing about you know and I know better than to play with a broken girl's heart.

"Nothing you say can hurt me and nothing you do can drive me away. The only thing you can do to keep me away, is lying about how you feel. And Princess, I do not think it's in your heart to lie." I hope. God, if you lie to me Princess, you will not only have to worry about the lies, but also about running from me. I do not know what I will do if you hurt me that deep and I do not want to know. But at least we are honest now and that's what matters. "So I won't lie either, Princess. I have not experienced love like others, but what I feel for you is as close as I can come. If you accept that and what I offer you, you will never be alone again."

@[Abishia]
OOC- They are so cuuuute ^^, But I don't like it when Windy is so negative :p Hopefully she'll make him as happy as a horse lol

Windwalker

Hidden Account
Wild.

"Why didn't you mean it?" She flinches, preparing herself for his wrath, for him to scold her, yell at her, shame her for being such a stupid little girl. But no, he does none of this, he simply wastes no time waiting for an answer, and closes the space between them with his ebony frame. He then asks another question, this one - much easier to answer. Her ivory harks flick slightly, and she closes her eyes, stuck in thought for a few moments. I've only ever experienced hate and confusion, and pain. But he... He cares about me? Does he love me? She removes her velvet curtains, to stare back into his pools, the colors of them swirling together in such a beautiful show of kindness and care. But maybe what she sees there isn't that, maybe she is wrong, just as she had been about Azarel. Her soft hymns call out to him. "I- I did mean it. I'm just scared. Az-Azarel, he ran from me when I told him I cared about him. He shamed me and said mean things. He sent his mother to curse at me... " A cringe crawled up her spine, her bodice trembling.

And then he speaks again, his words meaningful. He tells her she shouldn't lie about her feelings, but to her, that means being vulnerable, vulnerable to pain, hurt, and putting herself at stake once again. But she had told this Stallion of her feelings, how she had wounded herself, and he did the same to himself, to show how much he cared. Maybe, just maybe, being truthful to him and letting her feelings show would be the best thing, since he was opening up to her. So she let her mask slide off. But... What if he doesn't like the real her? Well, her love is too strong for him maybe, that she has become delirious to such possibilities. He isn't afraid of confessing his feelings for her, so why should she cower with fear? He promises that nothing will drive him from her, except her own lies. Her right harks flicks, but she waits, for he has begun to speak again. And she watches, her eyes wide, his words settling in her mind, warming her heart, making the tips of her harks and her cheeks hot. A smile crawls across her kissers. "I won't lie, Arcane. I promise you this. " Her voice was becoming increasingly stronger. "I'll promise to you that I will not lie. I wouldn't ever want to drive space between us. And I keep my word. " Her smile widened, a small laugh echoing throughout the wood. "I thought I loved some other Stallion, but he hurt me. I'm not afraid of getting hurt by you anymore... I care to much about you. But, I don't know what love is. All I know is that you make me feel better, even now when you found me torn and bleeding, from my own doing, you made me smile. You make my heart beat faster and my thoughts clump in the best of ways, Arcane. " She took a deep breath, stretching her muzzle forward, she set it upon the ridge of his muzzle, not daring to withdraw it as she spoke again, her voice slightly muffled by his dark hairs that tickled her snout. "If I knew what love is, I would tell you that I love you. But now that I think about it, you don't need my words to secure the thought in your mind that I do. " She gently drug her muzzle up his forehead, tilting her head slightly so the tip of her glass horn didn't impale him. Softly, she groomed his forelock, lovingly actually, a soft smile lighting her features.

@[Windwalker]
these two just make me so giddy :D

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines