the Rift

[OPEN] when i was younger

Semira Posts: 42
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Yearling
Kachie
Though she herself had not been overly friendly as she was sometimes inclined to do, it was another thing entirely in the silver child's mind to hear the terse coldness in her painted friend's voice. Bewildered she looked at him, taken aback and silent by his words. Her mind wheeled, struggling to make sense of why he was being so unnecessarily harsh. She winced, as he stamped a hoof, her ears tilting back, and she reached out her muzzle with the intent of catching a lock of his mane and giving it a light tug in what would have passed as a gentle reprimand in her mind.

But though she might have thought her friend irritable and harsh, it was nothing to the way the young unicorn reacted to their words. The anger that rose up from him made the silver child stop short, golden eyes turning toward him. The insult offered was enough to make her bristle despite her weariness, leathery wings beginning to lift at the indignancy of her friend being compared so negatively to a filthy drake. She remembered a bit now, remembered the irritability in the dragons in the following days after the signs of drakes had been discovered. But she didn't have a chance to hiss a protest before things changed, and changed dramatically.

Fire leapt into being upon the unicorn's shoulder, and sheer instinct had the filly leaping forward to interpose herself between stallion and colt. She knew intuitively that her scales, the sign of the dragon's granddaughter, gave her a greater resistance to whatever flames this unicorn might fling toward her friends. "That's enough, the both of you!" She spat out, along with a plume of fire that wove itself into a dragon that mantled its wings fiercely before fading away. Her tail lashed the air as she stood defiantly between them, knowing that Dragomir would not be so brash as to shove her aside, and confident enough in herself to not be afraid off the angry colt who threw angry words at the painted stallion. But it was only words the colt had, for when those words ran dry so did the fuel for his fire and, apparantly, his courage. For it was then that he spun around and raced away.

A moment passed, two, before she allowed herself to relax and lift her attentive gaze from the last traces of the colt who'd evidently just came to look. Those golden eyes swept back toward Dragomir, and she arched a brow at him. "That was a little harsh, you know." Exhaustion was creeping back up to claim her, and she swayed a bit on her hooves before a brief flaring of her wings steadied her balance. "He didn't take that very well at all.." She mused to herself, contemplating the oddity surrounding a unicorn colt who could, it appeared, set himself afire to no ill effect.
[Image: 538fd70b3d28e]

Messages In This Thread
when i was younger - by Azarel - 05-21-2014, 12:34 PM
RE: when i was younger - by Dragomir - 05-23-2014, 09:29 AM
RE: when i was younger - by Azarel - 05-23-2014, 02:18 PM
RE: when i was younger - by Dragomir - 05-29-2014, 01:42 PM
RE: when i was younger - by Azarel - 06-01-2014, 08:41 AM
RE: when i was younger - by Semira - 06-02-2014, 01:36 AM
RE: when i was younger - by Dragomir - 06-02-2014, 12:40 PM
RE: when i was younger - by Azarel - 06-02-2014, 04:19 PM
RE: when i was younger - by Semira - 06-02-2014, 04:31 PM
RE: when i was younger - by Dragomir - 06-04-2014, 11:00 AM