the Rift

[OPEN] fade and then return

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

demons run, but count the cost,
the battle's won, but the child is lost
To Sacre’s joy the shiny male was happy enough to share the space and those kind words immediately lifted the air of anxiety he felt at insulting or even angering him. After all, they were practically strangers. The colt snorted a short and soft laugh in awe as his gaze drifted around the room that had housed so many horses. The smell of sweat and fear had been rife, the tension high as enemies stood shoulder to shoulder for the first time since running each other down on a battlefield. Sacre had been glad to find Inari and something to occupy his mind other than his raging thoughts and this impatience to venture outside. He had bitten the bullet and left in the end, following a stallion called Voodoo out into the open fields, funnily enough, he too had had a fox. Perhaps they were good luck! Sacre liked to think that. ”Sometimes I wonder if it happened at all, seems hard to believe that so many were crammed into one hole” he quietly commented after his monochrome companion confirmed he was okay to remain.

A sweeping expression of confusion briefly crossed his face when the stranger mentioned an egg before Sacre followed his gaze and quickly his eyes widened in understanding, laughing happily. ”Yes! Though I was rather surprised at its contents” he turned his nose to prod the fox gently and Inari yawned, looking dewy eyed at the star studded colt with a new curiosity now the attention had been turned onto him.

Sacre turned his attention back to their company when he heard the cough and smiled politely with a rather quaint dip of his head. It was always a good thing to put a name to a face. ”I’m Sacre and my friend is Inari” he introduced them both with his usual exuberant flare, Inari croaking out a rather sleepy sounding yap to add his own introductions.

Their conversation was interrupted then by another voice, another scent and another horse to lay eyes upon. The boy turned sharply, made jump by her sudden appearance, and quickly ran his gaze over their new member to their small party. A mare this time, an equine mare covered in brown and white patches, her eyes had the same colour affliction his father had. Lastly, her voice was a pleasant one to his ears and he met it with his own broad and joyful face ”hello” he boldly greeted her as Inari pulled his attention to the girl and flapped his tail once in equal exuberance. ”Apparently the caves are not quite so empty” he threw an amused look at Mesec, relating back to his first comment. It was almost hard to believe that many would come back here, but then again, perhaps there were some friendships forged in the shadows and some would travel to relive a precious moment. Not that Sacre knew that this was why either of them were here.

He nodded at the mare and quickly drew in air to introduce himself again ”I’m Sacre and the fox is Inari. Who might you be? He asked with light curiosity, neither demanding her name nor looking disinterested. He paused and left a few moments for them to speak before shaking his head, mane falling in messy folds and he asked both of them the question quivering on his lips.

”Have you travelled far to reach the caves?”
sydna

@[Mesec]

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
fade and then return - by Mesec - 05-22-2014, 03:12 PM
RE: fade and then return - by Sacre - 05-22-2014, 05:54 PM
RE: fade and then return - by Mesec - 05-29-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: fade and then return - by Florabella - 06-01-2014, 01:56 PM