the Rift

[OPEN] Mind Over Matter [Birthing Thread]

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

The darkness of the forest was anything but comforting to the pale mare as her nerves were on high alert for anything that may pop out of the brush at her. Restlessness kept her from sticking around any one place for too long especially the edge right now with the captain battle going on. When she was there it was impossible to stop stressing over whether or not Note would come out alive, there had already been many brutal attacks that she could barely stand to watch and not do anything about. In the condition she was in there wasn't much that she could do anyway, her belly had swollen greatly over the last couple days and the her baby seemed to be just about as restless as she was, it had made for some very long nights and even longer days. Hell did either really exist anymore? They all just seemed to run together and create mush in her exhausted brain.

Why had she even come out here in the first place when she should have been helping Resplendance with the herb garden? Sighing heavily she let her head droop down as she continued to walk slowly through the maze of trees, it was all their fault, those stallions having done this to her. Pinning her ears back in detest and frustration for the whole situation she carefully picked up her legs one and a time to step over a fallen log. A sharp pain ripped through her stomach as she lifted her last remaining hoof completely offsetting her precarious balance as she scrambled to get the rest of her legs underneath her before she fell. What the hell was that! The pain lingered for a couple of moments before fading slowly as she managed to stop half leaning up against one of the tall fir trees for support. Had she just tweaked some muscle she wondered feeling the dull ache continue to linger for a couple more minutes before another sharp pain shot through her. Groaning she twisted her head back to gaze at her swollen and now painful belly, this was not just a strained muscle her baby was causing this. No, please not now, any other time but now at least let her get home first where she felt safe. Despite her pleas she knew that there was no debating the fact that her baby would be coming into the world shortly.

Fear rose up inside her as the thoughts of her miscarriage dipped into her mind, no that was not happening, this baby had been in there too long for that. Hell it made her look like a mountain for heaven's sake this had to be just her time, her teats were hot and swollen that had not happened last time, this was it. Gasping she closed her eyes as another wave of contractions hit her. "You could have picked a better time." She grumbled through clenched teeth, she did not want to do this alone. Where was her black rescuer when she needed him, or her friend Alysanne, or Note? The only thing around her were trees, trees and more trees, there was no way to get somewhere safer this forest would be the first sight her baby would see.

Half hour had passed since she had felt the first contraction cut into her, with each new slice the pain only seemed to grow deeper and much stronger as the time between slowly decreased. The mare's white coat was damp with sweat now and her breathing much more laborious, she could feel the building pressure and wanted to get this thing out of her now! Lashing her tail against her sides as she paced restlessly back and forth between the trees she finally stopped letting her knees buckle beneath her as she rolled onto her side. A pained cry escaped her lips at the agony, it felt like she was being torn apart, Torleik? Note? Where are you? Bearing down she stretched herself back desperately wanting the pain to stop nothing seemed to help but her body seemed to know what it was doing. Straining for a couple more minutes she pulled herself back upright again trying to get more air into her lungs, her belly was too round to allow her to lay back as far as she would like to. Moaning she weakly pulled herself back up paced a couple laps of her walking groove before laying back down in a different position, Seriously get the hell out! she pleaded desperately grunting at the effort this was taking from her small frame.

Brisa speaks

TAGS: @[Torleik], @[Note], Open to any others who wish to join in as well. No particular posting order.

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

TORLEIK
Death follows into your watery grave

The Deep Forest. Last he had been here, he'd been a captive, led around by a blind tri-corn. Morir. Since the Bloodskald had bested the darker beast he hadn't seen hide nor hair of him anywhere, or heard any whispers of his name. Serves the fool right for thinking it wise to shackle me... the warrior thought, still irked by the mere memory of his captivity.

It had been rather short-lived, all things considered, but even a day as Morir's thrall had been twenty-four hours too many.

As the rabicano walked along, he found himself at a clear pool of water and bent to take a sip and wash his mouth and throat. A pleased chirp sounded from Irelyn's feathered and furry form as her keen eyes caught the red stones in the pool. Reaching out with a taloned front paw, she snatched one up and began to inspect it, utterly content with her lot in life at the moment.

His owl-griffin never ceased to amuse him, Torleik thought, and he shook his head gently at her antics. A moment of curiosity overtook him and the stallion gazed at the pool that lay before his eyes. He glanced down at his hooves, then at the water, and considered something he hadn't before. A pause, then realization that his idea was foolish.

Though he could freeze anything his hooves touched momentarily, that ability would not allow him to traverse any body of water. The frozen area would be too small to support his weight as he stepped. Shame. Walking on water would have been fun.

The silent reverie of the dark and shaded forest was shattered by a pained cry erupting into the stillness, startling Irelyn into flight and causing Toleik's head to snap up. His audits strained in the direction of the noise, and he leapt into galvanized trot. Whatever it was could be a trap and it was unwise to go galloping into a situational unknown. Silently bidding Irelyn to be his lookout above, Torleik followed the noises until he came upon a white form, writhing on the forest floor.

Brisa...

Last they'd met, she'd told him he was the father of the child she was carrying. Not in such direct terms, to be fair, but she'd implicated him as the culprit by reminding him of the coupling they'd shared all those moons ago. It had taught the stallion, ignorant of female gestation, that his actions could have far reaching consequences - much further than he expected. No one had told him it took nearly a year for a babe to mature enough to be born into the world.

"Brisa - are you hurt?" he asked, coming alongside her, voice strained with worry. What was going on? Why was she so sweaty? What...

Oh gods.

She was giving birth.

A panic gripped him as the dual-horned demon realized he hadn't the slightest clue how to aid this woman in her time of need. "I..." he faltered, looking from her pained face to her distended belly. Gently, he nosed her neck, hoping to provide some comfort. "You are strong," he encouraged, murmuring to her softly. "You can make it through."

From her perch in a nearby tree, Irelyn watched, confused and anxious, as her bonded attempted to help this white mare he'd met before. She could feel his stress, his worry, all borne of affection and his good-hearted nature. Why this particular white horse warranted these things the owl-griffin did not know, for she did not understand yet about emotional attachments such as these.

Torleik, in the meantime, was struggling with the increasing awareness that Brisa was in labor, and that he was going to be a father. He had accepted the fact at their last meeting but now, at this culmination of actions and events, it struck him that his impending fatherhood was real and tangible. That terrified him, but a tiny sliver of joy burned defiantly bright within the smothering shadow of fear.

He would have a family again.

@[Brisa]

"talk talk talk"
'Mental speaking'
Thoughts

Afrolovertje & ximpossible @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

The agonizing pain was nearly unbearable as the relentless contractions racked her body in its attempts to expel a life into the world. Her pain before was nothing compared to how she felt now laying here on the hard forest floor, god it felt like she was dying. Could someone explain to her why she had thought childbirth would be a worthwhile experience, this was anything but worthwhile. Heaving a breath of air inwards she tried to catch her breath, it was at this time that hoofbeats could be heard heading towards her. This couldn't be happening, first the unexpected labour now someone coming to end her pain could this day get any worse? Closing her blue eyes tight she flopped her neck back against the ground, there was nothing she could do to fend off whoever emerged, she would just have to hope they would spare her some mercy and let her baby live if that was what they sought.

The masculine voice that came was not what she had expected at all but it made her snap her eyes open to search rapidly for the source. "Torleik? is that you?" She managed trying to lift her head to see him. His warm breath against her sweaty neck was a much needed relief to her tired mind. She had come out here trying to find him before things took a rather unexpected turn, she had wanted to talk with him more about their whole situation. She had tried to explain at their last meeting that he was not the only possibility for a father to her child but things hadn't exactly gone as she wanted. Their meeting had gotten cut short by something or another, she couldn't really remember what but she had tried to explain whether her explanation had fallen upon deaf ears or not. Deep down she wished that there was a way that both stallions could be happy but she knew only one could be her child's father. Why was her heart so torn over this? Each stallion had claimed a large portion of her heart and she could not love one more than the other, she loved them both equally. A tear burned down her cheek knowing she couldn't possibly be with them both, the deciding factor would likely be the traits of her baby. Either way her heart would break should one leave or them both, there was no middle ground here she was already on the sinking ship.

Twisting her head around she touched her muzzle to his darkened cheek before her head once again fell back to the dirt as more contractions rippled through her. Another moan sounded from her as she bore down once again this time feeling slight progress. Another couple of minutes passed before finally her baby slipped into the world to her utter relief as she collapsed backward in exhaustion trying to catch her breath. Laying still for a number of moments she took the short time to rest finally getting mild relief from the piercing contractions. She wanted to continue to lay there but knew she couldn't, she needed to see her baby and make sure it was alright. Digging her front hooves into the dirt she pulled herself sternally as her head twisted around to look behind her at her baby. Her breath caught in her throat as her eyes swept over its tiny body as it fought to rid itself of the disgusting goo coating its frame.

Stretching her muzzle forward a little tentatively she touched her beautiful buckskin colt wickering softly to him, he was absolutely perfect in her eyes. Curled underneath him were four long legs each a dark black shade much similar to black points over his muzzle and both his mane and tail. Adorning his face was a brilliant V like marking and two bright eyes each a different shade, one blue like that of her own while the other was a green. As her eyes moved over his back she froze as two tiny wings lay folded against his sides almost the same colour as his coat. She felt her heart crack painfully knowing what this meant, the handsome stallion standing by her side was not his father. Fresh tears streamed from her eyes as she tried to focus on cleaning off her son before he caught a cold.

Squeaking painfully the grey mare felt a sharp contraction pierce through her once again to her horror as her muzzle turned to her swollen side. What? She had already had her baby he was right here surely that meant the pain would slowly fade away right?.. Maybe it was just her being a wimp, she thought wearily as the scent of blood filled her nostrils and another set of contractions sent her sprawling out on her side again squeezing her eyes shut in her attempt to not scream. " Something..somethings wrong.." She cried weakly her eyes rolled back in her head, her voice barely a whisper. The thought of twins never even came across her mind, there was just no way.

Brisa talks
Brisa thinks

•• TAGS: •• @[Torleik], @[Note], @[Alysanne], Open to others.. NOTES: I feel like crying :( ••

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Esther Posts: 26
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: Four Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Esther
After my rough try at recruiting I had returned home. I had returned home to find a cave to crawl into and never come out. I am glad I didn't fully get to do just that. How he had found me I did not know, but what had happened after he found me.... Wow. Just wow that is all I can really say. I walk with a different stride now, maybe more proud to be who I am? All these years I have wondered why my mother and I could not be with my father. Well now I think I understand. We were different than he was. He carried no crown, mother and I did.

I could not be more proud to have a crown than I was right now. Not only that, but I am sure I carry a crowned child. I smile to myself. I was going to be a mother. Not just a mother to any old foal, but the foal of a Aurora Basin Corporal. Maybe I am a bit smug, but right now I don't care....

Wait, what is that noise? I can hear voices but they are not clear. I stand still, listening at first. Oh the heck with it I can't hear clear enough. I move closer, this time I hear a familiar voice.. "You can make it through." I pause. Why do I know that voice. Oh of course! It's the General of the Basin... If only I could remember his name... I move forward a bit more, really really close, going to greet my herd mate when I hear a second more feminine voice. Her voice to I know. It's Brisa from the World's Edge. Her voice sounds really weak. As I walk in close, I look around a bit. A beautiful colt lay behind her, with wings?! Since when do we have wings?! I stop, knowing now is not hte time to freak out. I looked her over carefully, and I knew what was happening. "Don't be afraid, just push. You're having twins." I wish I knew of what else to do. I look to the General, wondering if he knows her.

"Talking"
quote quote quote quote quote
Image Credit

[Image: 538046fbcc311]
Please Tag Esther in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Esther at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne & Hemlock

Alysanne wasn’t overly proud of her actions, but when she discovered that the worry that drover her after her friend had some grounds - she felt a little better about the whole ‘stalking’ ordeal. After their talk at the beginning of her pregnancy, a closer eye had been kept on Brisa - stealthily, she hoped. Nothing too overprotective but, well, that mothering instinct didn’t apply to just foals. She wanted to make sure that everything went as smoothly as it possibly could.

So when her friend left the Edge close to the end of her pregnancy - notable by those swollen sides - Alysanne and Hemlock followed.

She took her time, meandering - there were plenty of plants to distract her. After all, she was sure that there would be signs. There was some particularly interesting fiddleheads that Hemlock was hopping around among when she heard the pained cry through the woods. Now, she knew that voice! Delayed because she had to try to encourage Hemlock to hop back up onto her head - and he was being horribly, horribly stubborn - she took off as quickly as she could and wove through the trees until she reached her friend.

“Brisa!” And she wasn’t the only one there. There was a stallion, dark and mysterious, offering her some encouragement. “Oh. Hello.” Not the time or place to ask whether this was one of the potential fathers but Alysanne just wanted to use her wings to whack (read: gently encourage) him to step back and give her friend a little room. But Brisa seemed to be accepting his presence so she wouldn’t chase him off like an angry hen just yet.

Mindful of her presence and those around them - a unicorn mare was also there - Alysanne cautiously moved to stand on the other side of Brisa from the dark stallion, whickering soft encouragements to her friend as she fought through the birth. But all that pain was rewarded with a gorgeous little colt! His damp little wings made it fairly obvious that the stallion with them then was not the father and, though Alysanne only had her suspicions on his name, she could not help but feel a tug of sadness for him.

“Oh Brisa he’s beauti-” she didn’t even manage to get it all out before her friend was crying weakly and falling back down. The mare that Alysanne did not know spoke up then, offering encouragement and explaining what was happening. No, nothing was wrong - there were to be twins!

Well, she had to feel a little bad for Brisa as wonderful as she thought the idea was (being a twin herself, she was rather partial). She had been so worried when she just thought it was one foal! But there would be time later to worry about the logistics of caring for two foals and right now Brisa just needed to try to stay calm and get through this last bit. Alysanne’s kind green eyes did not leave the face of her friend and she spoke softly to her now, wishing so badly she could help take away the pain. “You’re doing just great dear, don’t worry about anything else. Just a little bit more and then you’ll be done.”

Hemlock, for his part, offered little more than a disgruntled hoot. The focus of this gathering was not on him, after all, and that was his least favourite type of gathering.

image by sarah
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Everything was starting to go fuzzy as endless pain tortured her making her limbs immobile as weakness set in as exhaustion began to take its toll. Flicking her ears back she wished that Torleik would say something, anything to let her know what was happening to her. "Torliek?.." Struggling she tried to reach out to find him, desperately wishing that she had just imagined her colt with wings. As the first wave slowly loosened their steely grip on her she tried to pull herself back upright, her baby where was he? Craning her head around again her muzzle found his wet coat, good he was alright she thought managing a soft sigh of relief. Licking his shivering frame again she felt him try and shake his head only to lose his sense of balance and fall over sideways. Wickering to him gently she tried to reach over to him but couldn't exactly reach with her belly still half in the way. Fine, she would just have to get up and help get him up she decided against better judgement.

Throwing her weight forward in a sorry attempt to stand, her feet refused to hold her weight sending her back down to the ground igniting excruciating pain once more. Squeezing her eyes shut with a groan she tried to ride out the pain through clenched teeth, this cannot be normal. Hoofbeats startled her as a familiar voice spoke "Don't be afraid, just push. You're having twins." Panic rose at the thought, that was not possible, no she couldn't be. That was rare, no she couldn't have two babies how could she? "I..I can't.." She managed though labored breaths. She had been so worried about one baby there was no way she could possibly care for two, oh please no...

She was scared beyond her wildest dream, she couldn't do this..she had no idea how to be a mom to one nevermind two. More contractions, more pain, and again pressure starting to build.. there was no other explanation. "Aly? Oh please say its not possible." Her friend's voice near her was enough to stop her trying to move further but she was mentally freaking out trying to come up with another explanation. Feeling her muscles contract it made her bear down with what little strength she had left too little avail, she could feel her baby move inside her just not where she wanted it to be. How much longer did she have to hold on, she didn't know if she could much longer.

There was no rushing mother nature in her decisions but she did not want to wait, she needed the pain to go away now. Shifting to her side she tried to roll sideways to help its progression, she had had more than enough. "Why is this happening...he is cold.." Her words were starting to mix between sentences. All she wanted was to be done and tend to her baby, he was so cold.. she was paranoid that something was going to happen to him since she could do nothing but lay here trying to hold herself together to get his twin into the world.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Alysanne], @[Esther], @[Torleik], anyone else•• NOTES: ••

Torleik
The beard of glory...

It was surreal watching a tiny little foal come from a much larger mare, something Torleik had never witnessed before. He was a fighter, not a midwife, and he'd never taken a mate, been wed to anyone, so he'd had no reason to observe a birth. And in those moments before he noticed everything about the child, he felt an indescribable kind of hope and love welling up within his chest.

Until he saw the wings.

Two, tiny little damp wings set atop the foal's shoulders. Two clear indicators howling at him that he was not the father. Where the love and hope had been was now a hollow black hole. A strange moment of clarity reached him about his previous encounter with Brisa, realizing too late that she'd never said with finality he was their father, just that he probably was. Being angry and scared, he'd accepted this logic, despite his initial suspicions that she'd run off and cavorted with someone else.

Seems he should have listened to his gut, he thought with bitterness that he could taste in the back of his mouth. During this time it seemed others had arrived, one a pegasus mare, the other a unicorn mare he recognized from the Basin. Esther, if he remembered correctly. One of his soldiers. His glacial blue gaze searched for the culprit, the father, but found no sign of any pegasus stallion.

"Fucking coward," he mentally growled, deciding that this male needed to be hunted down and beaten for his inability to even take responsibility for something he'd done. And with the advent of the other women, much more suited to having knowledge of this event than he, Torleik took a step back and allowed them to take over.

He was reeling anyhow, with no idea how to handle what he was seeing, hearing and feeling.

He'd let himself hope he would have a new family, and that hope was dashed on the ground before him by a pathetic, slimy little winged hybrid. And according to the women, there was to be another. He had to suffer this twice? Fate was certainly taking cruel pleasure in driving pinions of emptiness, pain and malice into his heart today.

Brisa called out to him and Torleik stepped closer to her head, avoiding the child. Gently, he leaned down and touched his muzzle to her crown. "I am still here," he murmured, feeling his heart thud dully in his chest while he looked upon the small youngling again. If its current father's absence was any indication, it would grow up without one. The second child too, it seemed. He merely glanced at the pegasus mare when she greeted him, giving less than a shit about who she was at this moment.

Torleik felt incapable of caring about anything right now.

The second foal came out and something seemed to be wrong; Brisa said he was cold. He. It was a boy. The other, was it a boy too? Why did it matter. They weren't his. Still, he could not simply let a child die in front of him because he'd been tricked into thinking he might have been its father. Walking over, he pushed his muzzle into the little one's slimy face, nudging, nuzzling, trying to get it to respond. "Wake, little one..." he rumbled, willing it to open its eyes. This little foal was a life, and every life deserved the chance to flourish.

Sad, how the joy of new life left him so dead inside.

@[Brisa]
@[Alysanne]
@[Esther]

"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

No man is an island.

Deceased
Emily
Esther

My smugness had evaporated when I saw the mare in labor and my General. The wings on the first born foal told they were not his children, but he clearly had some sort of relationship with Brisa. What type it was I am not sure. She seems scared, which is not good for her or the baby. I was thankful for my mother's knowledge of birthing babies right now. Not only would I need it in the future, I'll need it now to help Brisa....

My thoughts are interrupted by the arrival of another mare, she has wings and knows Brisa. They smell the same at the very least. Kinda like my General and I smell the same. He steps back, giving us room to sooth Brisa. "He's here, we're all here and were going to get you through this. But you need to push." Oh I hope I am not this scared when I give birth.

That's when the second foal slips into the world. All hell breaks loose then. The foal is cold, and so far hasn't moved. Torleik steps forward and noses the baby. He nosed the baby, trying to wake him. I join him, but my maternal instincts kick in. The baby needs to be cleaned and be warm. What's better than my tongue? I step to his belly and rear, licking him clean quickly. I knew I was really close to Brisa, but I hoped she would just let me help. Everything right now could be life and death for her son.

"Talking"

@[Alysanne]
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Esther at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne & Hemlock

Torleik, the name confirmed by Brisa, may not be the father to the twins but he was handling the situation better than she might have hoped. Not the biological father, perhaps, but he was behaving as a father would - moving towards one of the young colts to encourage him and give him support. The mare too, perhaps giving into the same maternal instincts that were pushing Alysanne to help the little foals make a smooth transition into this world.

But as the others moved to help with the foals, Alysanne stayed where she was - her attention focused on Brisa. She had told her not all that long ago that she was not alone and that they would always be there to help her - and she had meant that promise. Too bad Kahlua wasn’t here as well, but in place of their other great friend were two kind semi-strangers. She was so glad Brisa wasn’t alone, and how great of proof that kindness amongst strangers still existed in Helovia! In case Brisa could not see from her angle, she updated her friend on what was happening, what the others were doing. “They’re just checking on him. He just needs a little love, that’s all.” Her voice was steady, not betraying the worry that was itching into her mind. Brisa had a rough pregnancy before, the risk was higher for her - and though Alysanne did truly believe that everything would work out there was always that chance. And she wish she had her healing magic here, wished that there was something that she could do to save a foal that was having trouble.

He would be alright though, she just knew it. Her family was growing again, new life brightening the spring. Even with a chilly start, both twins would surely be up and about in little time! “Maybe he could use some help from his mother.” She suggested gently, lowering her head to nuzzle at Brisa’s neck. The white mare was so strong, she could do this.

@[Brisa]

image credit
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

One final strenuous push was what finally freed her second child from her womb and brought it into the world at long last. Unlike the first she felt no movement from this baby during or after its birth making her greatest fears come to life before her eyes. Trying to turn her head sent her head spinning wildly out of control before it finally came to rest upon the cool forest floor. The soft murmur of voices kept her conscious but for the life of her she couldn't put words into meaning. Feeling completely drained of all energy the pale mare couldn't do more than lay there on her side for a number of moments willing strength to return to her once more to allow her any sort of movement. Anything that she could still feel was painful and aching from such a extended and grueling birth, honestly she felt like she had been run over by a buffalo stampede.

Numerous minutes passed before she was finally able to open her eyes once more, vaguely aware of the soft touch against her neck. Looking over to Alysanne grateful for her presence she tried to pull herself up so that she was laying sternally once more. What was happening to her baby... no her babies, oh god that was going to take awhile to process fully. Singular was what she had been expecting but for it to be made plural was beyond her wildest dreams, what was she going to do. Pulling herself around two figures stood behind her, hovering over the two tiny foals. Her eyes immediately swept over the pair of them starting with her first born who was still shivering but moving around with more determination now. The newest addition was what concerned her the most, its tiny frame seemed way too still, oh no please... Both Torleik and the red mare from before, Esther were attending to him seemingly worried over his lack of movement as well.

Feeling a sudden surge of motherly instincts hit her at the sight of the other mare licking her baby she had to bite back the angry retort that first came to mind. No, they were here to help, they were not going to harm either of them she was overreacting. Dragging her dead weight body around slightly she managed to reach her muzzle over to see her first born. Nudging him slightly as if to reassure herself he was alright she turned to her second baby. Butting his frame gently with her muzzle she could feel the dampness of his coat and the cool temperature, no he needed to wake up she was not going to lose him. With a little more force she again pushed against his tiny figure as her own tongue began licking his coat dry.

His coat was a darker colour than that of his sibling, a darkened grey that was black in some areas. Why was he so dark coloured she wondered thinking back to Note, his coat was a lighter bay if she recalled correctly so where did the black come from? It was sure a puzzle considering the golden accents around his legs and the golden feathers of his wings. Upon his face was a rather bizarre marking that resembled a blaze but instead of covering the front of his face it split into two at the bridge of his nose and did not reconnect. The other strange thing that she couldn't help but note was the white brindled pattern that covered his body from head to hoof. Was this normal?

A gurgled snort surprised her as to her relief her colt moved his head for the first time, he was alive! Tears of joy sprang to her eyes momentarily as she continued to remove the slime from his body and face with the help of Esther. Upon her first meeting with this mare she wouldn't say she particularly liked her but now she had a much different opinion of the unicorn, she was grateful for her help.

Gradually some strength began to return to her legs making her start to think about trying to get herself back on her feet, they all had to get up eventually anyway. Stretching her forelegs out before her she shakily tried to heave herself off the ground without falling backwards. Standing still for a moment or two as her legs once again accustomed to bearing her weight she nickered softly to her two beautiful colts. Stepping forward once she was confident in her balance she began trying to encourage them to stand by licking their coats and nudging them gently. Turning her head to the buckskin colt she gazed at him for a number of moments before she turned and regarded the dark grey colt with the same curiosity. Coming to a conclusion she smiled a little before she made her announcement. " Levex shall be your name" she commented softly motioning to the buckskin before turning to refer to the grey. "You shall be named Aeolus."

Both twins flicked their ears at the sound of her voice while gazing around with curiosity and wonder at their new world. "You must get up my darlings." She purred gently nipping each of them in turn before her gaze turned to Torleik, she was worried about him for he had not said much as of lately. She highly doubted that he was the father of either of her twins but she still felt torn over everything. Was it possible he could have contributed to Aeolus's dark coat? Was that even a possibility considering he had wings could it be some genetic anomaly? Reaching out her muzzle she attempted to touch Torleik's neck, she felt like such a horrible person. If only he was the father to these two colts, he was the one who was here after all unlike their biological father who hadn't come despite her cries. She was so conflicted and completely heartbroken over the outcome, would he ever want to be near her again?

Brisa talks
Brisa thinks

•• TAGS: @[Torleik], @[Alysanne], @[Esther] •• NOTES: --••

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

Things were changing that much the tiny foal could sense but what exactly could only be imagined. Many voices had come and gone over the last few weeks but there was always one that remained, one that made him feel safe and warm. The word mother seemed to stand out in his visually deprived brain, so mother she had become. It was hard to imagine anything but his current life spent eating and growing but there was only one issue, there was barely anymore room left to grow. Between himself and his brother they had easily taken up whatever space they could before moving had become quite a problem. It was around this time that things began to change as forceful pressures seemed to press down on them from all angles moving them around restlessly. Brother was the first one to disappear from their shared space leaving much more room. Mothers cries worried me but I was helpless to do anything but lay there as the maddening pressure now came for me. Nothing could have prepared me for what happened next.

One minute I was nice and warm and then the next my body seemed to plunge into cold bright blinding space paralyzing my limbs and body. I did not want to move for I could still feel my connection to mother, she would save me. Moments passed in silence before my head was moved by something much larger than me. Mother? No the voice was different, this was not mother yet it was still familiar. No, Leave me alone, I willed squeezing my eyes shut just as something else started poking at me and licking at me. It did not feel right either what was going on? Goosebumps began to prickle along my flesh as everything seemed to get colder, why couldn't I just sleep.

After what seemed like ages something or someone else touched my neck softly at first before roughly the second time around. Annoyed now my head finally moves as a cough spasms from my chest helping to clear my throat. Definitely I manage to open my eyes as shapes and colour begin to take the place of darkness, whoa this was weird. The first shape to come into focus is a white mare laying next to me who I immediately seem to recognize as mother. She smells familiar and warm but then who else is touching me? Turning my head another mare and a stallion catch my attention, the mare is licking me but I do not know her. The stallion is dark like me but has hair dangling from his face and two horns upon his skull, daddy? Another fit of coughing sounds from my mouth as suddenly I am forced to take a breath of air on my own then another. Craning my head back towards mother I nearly lose my balance and fall to my side again. Mother is now towering over me and my brother as words come to my ears. Aeolus? That must be my name I figure trying to get away from everyone licking me despite my shivering.

Hunger causes my belly to gurgle as I look around again finding another splotched mare this time behind my mom. Who are all these people? My blue eyes rest back to the stallion with curiosity as mother reaches towards him, this must be daddy mother seems to know him. Shakily I pull one of my long legs out from beneath me extending it before me just like mother had, now what? Mucus continues to irritate my throat as I cough again multiple times trying to get rid of it, why doesn't Levex cough like I do? He seems much stronger than I am, he is already trying to wobble to his feet unsuccessfully falling many times. I need to get up like him, but I am too cold to move much. Mother's tongue is rough but helping a little until another coughing fit racks my body once again.

Aeolus talks

•• TAGS: Brisa, Alysanne, Torleik, Esther •• NOTES: -- ••

[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

TORLEIK
Long is the winter of a man's soul

The Bloodskald had taken a few steps back to allow the women to do their work. He knew nothing of childbirth, nor child rearing - save for perhaps what he'd learned trying to raise Irelyn - and he felt out of place trying to help.

And why should he help? These children were not his, this woman incapable of keeping her tail down in her emotional distress. He had been a fool to think anything good might have come from giving in to hormones and lust, giving in to the weakness of his heart.

The females were helping the little one that had come out unmoving, and finally, after what seemed like ages, the younger twin stirred. A barely-registered, muted sense of relief made his limbs tingle knowing he would witness no death today. Torleik did not smile at the thought of a dead child and a grieving mother when he had nothing inside to offer for such a tragic situation.

Time is spent cleaning the children, observing them, making sure they will be all right. Torleik remained off to the side, saying nothing, doing nothing, only watching. He wanted to know their names, though for what purpose, he did not know. A moniker to attach the hate he wanted to feel? No. He could not hate these children; it was not their fault.

Hell, it wasn't even the stallion's fault who fathered these poor bastard twins. He probably didn't even know, Torleik reasoned now that the empty flatness of no emotion reigned supreme in his head. His earlier insult of coward toward the man was likely unfounded. The Bloodskald himself had only found out about his potential fatherhood by the purely accidental run-in with Brisa a short time ago.

No. This was on Brisa. This was her choice to act this way, to use her vulnerability to ensnare two stallions - and it was on them for being weak in the face of her temptation. Even with that knowledge clearly cemented in his head, Torleik could only hate himself. He could not control Brisa, force her to act as he thought she should; no, he could only control himself.

And he hadn't.

So here he was. Watching another man's children be born because of weakness.

Brisa's voice finally rose from the silence, christening the children with their names: Levex and Aeolus. Inwardly he frowned. Not what he would have named them - but they weren't his. Then again, if they were his children, he'd have been a part of the naming process, so it mattered little, his opinion on the titles. The white mare tried to reach out for him, to touch him, but Torleik could not allow this.

Pulling back, he avoided her contact, not wishing to feel her on his skin now - nor maybe ever again. She had taken advantage of his good heart, used his inherent male weakness against him, and wounded him deeply. Why would he want to touch her? Why would he allow her to touch him? Eyes gazing down at her children, he flicked his deadened, hollow orbs to their mother's face.

"I have no place here," he said quietly. "I will take my leave of your and your two sons." The rabicano did not wait for her to plead with him to say or spit venom in his face for leaving; he didn't care which she might choose. He couldn't care.

Jaw tightly set, he steered his course towards where he thought a friend might be and avoided going home. There was little for him there, either.

@[Brisa]
@[Esther]
@[Alysanne]
@[Aeolus]

"talk talk talk"
'Mental talking'
Thoughts

Credits: Image by Flowering Fatality @ DA

No man is an island.

Deceased
Emily
Esther
[Switching view, for muse purposes]

As the child moved, Esther stepped back. She was not this winged child's mother, and this was clearly not her place. The other mare seemed to be from the white mare's herd. It would be to her that the the bay with aqua markings would leave the new mother. After all, a newly pregnant mare shouldn't be out wandering to far alone. It was then that her General's words touched her ears. His voice was quiet, much different than before. It was strange, almost a sad tone. This made the young soldier's choice clear. Follow your General away from here and head home.

The children are named. They have their mother. They have her herd mate. He and I are not needed. With a dip of her crowned head she to spoke softly. "I feel it's time I left as well. Good luck." Quickly, not giving the other two mares a chance to stop her she backed away. For a few moments after leaving, she trailed wordlessly behind her General. However when it came time to turn for home, he did not. She would speak to him later about what had been seen. Something just did not sit right within her about the entire thing. Déodat had said the crowned were supreme, yet had her General had feelings for this mare that was both bare headed and bare backed?

She would worry about that later. For now, she needed to focus on slipping back into her cave until she knew if she carried a new crowned child or not.... At least she hoped the child would be crowned, since she was technically a half-blood.... Oh please don't let this child show my father's tainted hornless blood. Let him or her show Déodat's crowned royalty.... It was a silent plea, but one she hoped would hold.

"Talking"

@[Alysanne]
Image Credit