the Rift

[PRIVATE] Furthering the Lines [Déodat]

Esther Posts: 26
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: Four Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Esther
Queen of the Stars

It was like any other day in the Basin, other than today I am exploring the caves. It is the one place within the herd boundies that I have not checked out. I was yet to pick out a cave to call home, so now was as good of time as any. Most were to small for me to even enter all the way in, which of course is annoying. My hight really does get in the way sometimes. A few had a high enough celing for me to enter, but I had to back straight back out again as I could not move around to much. These would be better for tiny mares, not big girls like me. I snorted. Some girls get all the fun.

After what seemed like hours of stepping in and out of caves, I finally found one I liked. It was roomy, enough for me to lay flat on the cave floor. If I ever start a family, I could give bith in here! I turned circle after circle before standing at the mouth of the cave. I had made sure no one called this cave home first. At least if they did, no one has been here in a very long time.

Finally, this is home. I really do have a place to call my own among those who are like me. Among the crowned as Déodat had called us. I smiled, thinking of the blood bay stud who had brought me home. I could start a family with him, but I don't even think he gives me a second thought. I am just another recruit. All I want is a part of him.... A foal... I always have wanted a baby. Ever since I had babysat the little one for the foals Mother and I were around. We never were around long enough for me ot bond with anyone truly... I wish we had been... This time would be different. This time, I was going to lay down roots and stay...

"blah blah blah."

@[Déodat]

[Image: 538046fbcc311]
Please Tag Esther in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Esther at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
déodat,

The workload felt almost endless to Déodat. There was always something left to be done and he had developed little faith in his fellow soldiers. All those months ago when the darkness had seeped in at their doorstep only he had been the warrior, only he was scouting about to discover the wickedness rising in the marsh. Of course he kept all of these complaints to himself. Whining about his pathetic comrades would benefit no one. He compensated for their foolhardiness by his hard work. Relentless patrolling and constant training to keep his body in pristine condition. A soldier was nothing if he wasn’t fit.

Déodat had spent the morning training and the rest of his time patrolling. Sweat caked his sides as he walked back to the cave he had come to call his own. A weary expression was written on his face as he walked. Even Odette was worn out from the morning, she had run herself rather hard after all. The white shepherd walked with him, panting loudly as she walked in step with her bonded.

They of course passed by a series of caves as they headed home, but out of the corner of his eyes he noticed a familiar figure in one. He turned his head and saw Esther. It had been some time since he had seen the mare, and their last encounter he had high hopes for the new recruit.

You can go on to the cave Déodat said to Odette. The pup didn’t need to be told twice, she was clearly exhausted enough to go off on her own. He turned his body and walked toward the edge of the cave. ”How are you liking the Basin?”

@[Esther]
"Speech speech speech"

image credits
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Deceased
Emily
Esther

I was just thinking of going back out again when a familiar voice stopped me. ”How are you liking the Basin?” Oh he had caught me day dreaming! How embarrassing. "I love it here. It's quickly become home. However I do need to catch up to your General at some point. I finally picked a path, soldier." I was happy, truly happy I think for the first time of my life. I was day dreaming about having a baby after all. Surely that had to mean I am happy.

It was only then I noticed that Odette was no where to be seen and he looked tired. "Where is Odette?" I questioned curiously. Surely nothing bad had happened to the cute little pup. I can't imagine Déodat talking to me like this if something was wrong.

I quickly changed the subject from the pup back to the path I have chosen. "Like I said at the herd meeting, I'll need some training. I don't want to let the herd down if I have to fight and I lose." I don't want to let you down either. I thought to myself. He was the reason I had found my place, my home. Something had been bugging me since I had returned from the threshold. "How come we only allow the crowned to call the Basin home? I was asked that recently, but I could not give an answer why." After all, I am still new and innocent to the ways of the hornless and the winged. In fact technically I've never seen anyone with wings other than birds, but that will change very soon. Technically I am half hornless, not that my sperm donor would ever claim me.

"Talking"

@[Déodat]

quote quote quote quote quote
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Esther at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

déodat,

Déodat felt a smile prick at the edge of his lips at her comment. Yes, it was good to hear his recruit was making her way in the Basin. Everyone else had brought back one way or another vanished or simply left it seemed. At least Esther was proving herself to be more grateful of the home the Basin had given her. Not only that, she had chosen to walk in the path of a warrior. Good, they needed more willing to fight for the north.

“I’m glad you’re finding yourself at home here. If I see Torleik around I’ll make sure to point him your way..” Déodat may as well should’ve thrown the offer out there. He was an officer after all and it was in the job description to ensure troops were in their optimal state.

Her next question took him slightly off guard and his ears perked forward a bit. Then he smiled again. “She tuckered herself out this morning by running around. I told her to return to the cave so she can rest.” It was admittedly weird to not have the pup directly at his side. Even when she wandered off he always knew that she was somewhere nearby. They had been practically inseparable since she had hatched from her egg.

“If you need help training, I am always willing to help. As an officer it is a part of my duty to ensure our troops are in optimal shape,” Déodat said. War was the only thing he knew well. It was the sole thing that gave him purpose and he needed purpose. Her next question took him off guard slightly and Déodat tossed about in his head how precisely to answer.

“Because we recognize the superiority of our race,” Déodat said simply. “Nobility shouldn’t live amongst rats, thus unicorns shouldn’t live amongst the filth of the earth.” His words were harsh, and it revealed the cruelty that lay within him. The Blood Prince stepped closer toward the mare. “You can always tell someone who asks we simply seek a haven for our kind, to have a place where we truly belong. Many don’t understand the Basin and it’s ways, outsiders judge us harshly.”

@[Esther]
"Speech speech speech"

image credits
con by aihnna@dA

Deceased
Emily
Esther

“I’m glad you’re finding yourself at home here. If I see Torleik around I’ll make sure to point him your way.." I nodded at his words. "Thank you. I figured it's been long enough for me to adjust into life in the Basin. I need to help out around here." I tried to playfully joke. To be honest I have not seen many others that belong to the Basin yet, which is more the reason I made my choice. Even if I am not a natural fighter, my size will give me an advantage over others... As long as those others are smaller than me of course.

He spoke again, and I listened intently. I don't want to say I am hanging off of his every word, but I kind of am. “If you need help training, I am always willing to help. As an officer it is a part of my duty to ensure our troops are in optimal shape,” I smiled at his offer. "I would like that a lot." I swished my tail a slight bit. Oh, that smell... I am in heat. No wonder I am so happy to see him. Ah well... If he notices he notices... If he doesn't... Oh how I hope he notices. Sure it will put my training back a bit... But it would give the Basin another strong fighter. I mean come on, look at us. We would make a perfect baby!

His words snap me out of my heat induced day dream, as he answers my question. “Because we recognize the superiority of our race,” He puts it as if everyone thinks this way. Maybe I should be thinking this way too? “Nobility shouldn’t live amongst rats, thus unicorns shouldn’t live amongst the filth of the earth.” I remained silent, taking in the words he had spoken. It of course was not the answer I had been expecting, but something about his words just felt right... Other than the filth part. The equine mare I had met seemed nice enough. “You can always tell someone who asks we simply seek a haven for our kind, to have a place where we truly belong. Many don’t understand the Basin and it’s ways, outsiders judge us harshly.” I had to hold back a laugh, which ended up a snort instead. "So I have already found out. I met a strange black mare... Delinne I think her name was. Seemed to have it out for every herd but her own Hidden Falls." I snorted again, my tone of voice carried a bitter tone to it when I spoke her name. Partly because I did not like her, and the rest... Well because she had given birth recently. Yes, what can I say... I want a baby...

"Talking"

@[Déodat]

Image Credit

déodat,

“Of course, “ Déodat responded simply. Her playful joke elicited a grin but not much more. The Blood Prince’s humor fell under a bit more of the offensive category and he knew full well what his tongue could do, and he had no desire to wound sweet little Esther. He really was fond of the mare, not in a romantic sort of course(romance was far too foreign for him), but she showed potential. Already she was displaying dedication to the Basin and such dedication was needed, especially amongst the warriors. Whispers here and there could potentially pull her into the Plague’s cause, the more dedicated to eradication of the hornless, the better.

“Well then, let me know when you feel ready for a training spar,” He said with a dip of his head. As Esther flicked her tail he inhaled that familiar scent. Instincts began to arise and there was desire beginning to rise in him. It was difficult to hide the enticement that lay before him, after all they were alone together in a cave. That beast part of him told him it could be quick, it would be over before anyone knew it. All Déodat could focus on was a child resulting form the act. Could he handle the responsibility of a foal on top of being a soldier? Then there was Hotaru, he had no idea on what came out of their time together and it always lurked in his mind that she may carry his child. The very idea of having one child frightened him, two would be terrifying.

“Who gives two fucks about this Delinne? I don’t,” Déodat stepped closer toward Esther, losing his control to resist the natural urges arising within him. “Forget about her Esther, she is just one of many that don’t understand our herd. They fear us because they recognize our power.” He stepped even closer toward Esther so then his nose was nearly touching hers. “You have power within you, I can see it, that’s why I brought you here. Harness your power and become the feared woman you can be.”

He stepped past her face and reached out to nibble his way down her neck. A physical request, a display of his instinctual desire and his craving that only could be satisfied by her. Of course he wouldn’t force himself upon her, Déodat never considered himself to be a gentlemen but even he regarded that as a foul act.

He pulled away from her and moved his lips towards her ears. ”My body yearns, but I won’t satisfy it’s desires unless you desire it as well.”

@[Esther]
[Fade to black after your post?]

"Speech speech speech"

image credits
con by aihnna@dA

Deceased
Emily
Esther

He responded simply to my slight joke which did allow me to smile. It was nice, to see him smile to for once. It did seem like such a rare thing from my Corporal. Did I just call him mine? No no, he can never be mine... I don't think. To be honest I'm not sure I would do well as being a family with anyone. To love someone. Care yes, but not love. I can say however, I have grown very fond of the knight before me.

I wanted to sigh as he told me to let him know about a training spar, when I am ready. I wanted to voice my displeasure at our talk ending so soon, when I simply flicked my tail. Clearly I was no longer the only one that realized I have come into heat. I had continued on, speaking about that rude and ignorant mare I had met in the Threshold. I had lost out due to her, because I let my temper get the better of me. But none of that seemed to matter now. “Who gives two fucks about this Delinne? I don’t,” He steps closer and I retreat slightly, wanting him to move farther into the cave. “Forget about her Esther, she is just one of many that don’t understand our herd. They fear us because they recognize our power.” Yes, they don't understand us. Those of us who are crowned and choose to live in the north. He moves closer, and this time I do not pull back. “You have power within you, I can see it, that’s why I brought you here. Harness your power and become the feared woman you can be.” Yes, I will make them fear my name, and his, and the Basin.

His face moves past my face, and he nibbles down my neck. Yes, I know for sure now that he smelled it to. I return the act, hesitantly at first but then with growing confidence. ”My body yearns, but I won’t satisfy it’s desires unless you desire it as well.” I finally speak, my voice barely a whisper. "My body yearns, shall we satisfy both of our desires?"

"Talking"

@[Déodat] - [Fade to black]

Image Credit