the Rift

Break of Dawn

Callista Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

CALLISTA

It was the break of dawn. The early sunlight shone an orange glow through the tall trees of the forest. Callista raised her head, listening to the birds chirping their daily song. She lifted her head. Birds! She thought. The feathers attached to her body dazzled and bounced as she picked up a rapid walk.

Callista did not know where she was, but that did not frighten her. In fact, she would have quite enjoyed the adventure, if it wasn't for her bitterness that got in the way. A petal glided through the air and nestled into her mane. She grumbled, shook it off and continued to embark on this mystery journey. Looking around, there was no-one to be seen around this land. She wondered if she would ever find a herd to be a part of, a herd where she belonged, like her old herd. A silent tear of sorrow rolled down her cheek, as she thought of her old herd. Now they were gone, she was angry and twisted. She was afraid of rejection. Afraid of feeling the agonizing pain she had felt once again. Afraid of regret. She had no-where else to go, no-where to be, no hope, no happiness, no friends... she sighed. Regaining her strong posture, she continued walking. If I can't be happy, then no one else deserves to either! She thought.

Callista curled her lips upwards into a smirk. She was going to show them! She could be strong. She held her head up high and flicked her mane onto her rump. Her body was shimmering in the morning sunlight, the delicately carved crystal reflecting and glittering. Her curved horn also shone. It defined her. Elegant and beautiful, but bent slightly, bent too far to be repaired.

{Just to let you all know, she isn't usually this down, she is usually strong and manipulative, this is just showing her inner thoughts and how damaged she really is.}
{This is my first post, sorry if there is any mistakes!}

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Azarel
if love is what you need, a soldier I will be
I needed some time away from home. Mother and Dezba had come back to take care of my new sister, so I could go off duty and actually live. As I placed my dark hooves upon the earth, I breathed out a heavy sigh. Felt good to relax from time to time, just be me without anyone else controlling me. Not that I didn't love mother and her ways of raising children, I truly loved mom. Just... I felt... I don't know, just too controlled. Aslan breathed out a heavy sigh as well where he laid on my back, sleeping peacefully. He had grown into a large cub now, perhaps only half the size of my own head. We journeyed from the Hidden Falls to the Threshold, where I hadn't been in ages. A new sun was peeking through the tree tops and showered the whole forest in a gorgeous, warm light.

And that warm light was lighting up a path for me and my bonded, showing us a faint way into the forest of newcomers. 'Here we go, then,' I thought and leaned forward to start trotting. Aslan just kept on sleeping. 'You sleepyhead,' I smiled and glanced at him quickly before looking at the ground I was wandering on. But as always, there was a stop sign at the end of the road. As I came further into the forest, I found someone who didn't belong, but would rather soon if I had something to say. "Hello there, miss," I called out and slowed down as we came closer to the horned mare.

She was beautiful. Utterly, impossibly gorgeous. I parted my lips again to speak, but my tongue wouldn't cooperate with me. Had I lost my voice just because of a woman? Oh no, wait, there it was. "My name is Azarel, soldier of the Hidden Falls. May I ask what name they gave a beauty like you?" I fired off a smile at her, a genuine and friendly smile. I couldn't stop looking at her though. The mare's light coat was like the solar orb at sunrise, with a dash of snow upon her hide. Her maw and knees were splashed in a warmer color, pink almost as well as the tip of her ears and horn. Mane and tail were light with darker tips. She was smaller than me too.

The thing that put me off on the other hand was the spiked bracelet she wore, just under the knee on her right leg. Why did a beauty like something so rebellion-like? I rose my head again and looked into her golden eyes. Who was she? Where did she come from? Was she in need of help, because Gods knows how much I would be delighted to help.

"Talking."

ooc: *throws Azarel at* :D
wordcount: 463
tags: @[Callista]

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
Cheveyo
I know that you feel me somehow -
you're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

I had only just returned to the Edge, and already I was off exploring the lands of Helovia. It was exciting to get to see exactly what this place had to offer, especially considering the fact that when I was last here the lands were just getting over the nasty bout of the wraiths and everything was slowly returning to normal...very slowly.
But now, things seemed to be quite normal, there was a routine for everything and the grass was growing quite abundantly in this Birdsong as if to make up for the glowing moss the residents survived off of during the Darkness. Before the Darkness I had been a warrior for the Cheif and Chieftess of the beautiful Foothills that, rumor had it, had dissapeared after the removal of the wraith infection only to be replaced by some place called the Hidden Falls. The Falls housed a group of various species that had dubbed themselves the Asylum and it always made be wonder they they were in fact crazed enough to have been in an Asylum.
"My name is Azarel, soldier of the Hidden Falls. May I ask what name they gave a beauty like you?" The gruff voice of the stallion off to my right snapped my mind out of it's haze and back to the reality that I was standing in. It seemed like I had somehow managed to find myself wandering through the Threshold, and after a quick scan of my orchid pools it was decided that the stallion Azarel was not speaking to me, but rather to the horned, pink beauty that stood just a couple of paces away from him. Of course I happened to run into the meeting between one of the Asylum members and a newcomer, a newcomer who's coloring made me wonder just where she was from and what gave her such a pretty light rosy look about her.
Chestnut harks flickered on top of my skull for a moment before my painted, both naturally and unnaturally, frame broke through the greenery that had been hiding me. An easy going smile pulling at the corners of my rosy kissers as I stopped almost parallel to the also horned stallion. "Welcome to Helovia ma'm. I am Cheveyo a Protector of the World's Edge." Dropping my painted skull in what could be taken as a bow or a curtsy of some sorts I allowed my kissers to pull back ever so slightly more, I wasn't much of one for talking so hopefully one of them would break the introduction and get on to what really mattered.
Who would be taking this oddly colored mare home?

"Talk talk talk."
Tag;; @[Callista] @[Azarel]
Words;; 443
OOC;; Sorry it's kind of short, I promise it will get better.
Table by Rayo
Image Credits

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

"May I ask what name they gave a beauty like you?" She had been quietly wandering throughout the Thresh, when a disgusting, horrible, voice rang through the forest. The words - they sent a cringe up her spine, his presence was enough to make her barf. But pain struck her heart, hearing him speak to another that way - it hurt. She flexed her shoulders, flinching as another voice sang upon the breeze, another She faintly recognized. Her heart thumped, pain stinging her shoulder, her right one, scarred with 7 gashes, 4 inches long, stacked atop another, her left shoulder, a deeper wound, only about 2 inches long, But jagged, just above where her shoulder meets her ivory leg. She pictured him, lain carelessly below her, dark toned tasseled spread atop the sands, precious bundle just by his wither, little Aslan. The will to bash in his skull, But her love for him clashed, causing her an agonizing pain. But despite this, She rose her chin, flicking her harks, She stretched her legs out before her, reaching into a graceful lope. Let's see this beauty he is speaking of.

Within a few moments, his scent wafted into her nostrils, disgust, love, and pain clogging her thoughts all at once. She halted, within the shelter of some nearby trees, where She could still hear, But not see. She shook her head gently, locks flying from her then gently resting back aside her neck, cascading in front of her right eye, flopping back to the earth with a soft thump. A twisted smirk graced her maw for a moment, anger making her heart thump even harder. Within a few effortlessly beautiful strides, She was before them. A girl, much shorter than She, But nearly as lean. A peach dusted her coat, paired with a light pink hue, dotted with white. Her frame, encased with trinkets, beautiful things hanging off her bodice only hid the girl beneath. Feathers on her rump, a strap around her chest. It was a shame, this lady could be a true beauty, if only She wasn't so heavily decorated. And then, other than Aza of course, there was another, a painted mare, painted with actual paint - odd symbols. The childe recognized her, faintly though, and was disappointed to find She didn't recall the beautiful lady's name.

A soft smile appeared on the fille's maw, and She bowed her dome to each girl, then lastly to Azarel, her dome raising regally after She did so, the fire in her gaze was all too noticeable. Her smile grew. A hark flicked. "Greetings! " She took a small breath before continuing. "I'm Abishia, herdmate of Azarel. Artisan of the Falls, my lady. " She was speaking to the newbie of course, watching her closely, jealousy stabbing her heart as gaze set upon her horn. But her mask was tied tight, She didn't let it show. "Aza and I go back!" She smiled, laughing softly, then flashing Azarel a look that only he would know her well enough to disifer. You broke my heart. The pain, it was so obviously shown in stare, which set on him for several moments, before She turned back to the new girl, mask whipped back on. "Did he mention we would love to take you back to our family? But no pressure of course. "

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Unregistered

CALLISTA

Callista raised her head high, looking straight into the eyes of Azarel. "My name is Callista," She spoke sweetly and smoothly, "Thank you for the lovely welcome sir." Callista shifted slightly, looking Abishia up and down - she had noticed the look she had gave Azarel, but didn't quite understand it. She was instantly weary of her, but she decided not to judge her too much, she seemed friendly enough, right? "Hello ma'am. I would love to accompany you and Azarel in your family, please let me know more about this herd, I would not like to get confused on such matters." Callista turned her back on the pair, and smirked at Cheveyo. "Looks like I have been spoken for, but nice to meet you, maybe I shall see you around some time."
Callista brushed past the group of horses around her. Why is it they all wanted her so? To use her? She didn't care. She in fact, liked the tension hanging in the air. Arguments she could handle easily, for she had never lost one in her life. She loved to manipulate people, it is what she thrived on. She spun around and tossed her mane, lifting the corners of her mouth into an easy smile. "Well then, where are you going to take me? You know, no point dawdling along, lets go. Unless you have changed your mind about me being in your family." Her head dropped and she looked up at them with large golden eyes, the picture of innocence. None of them would realize what she was inside. In all honesty, all Callista needed is a friend to help her on this roller coaster of a ride. She would never let anyone know this though, she would never let anyone in, or so she seemed to think, because she was too scared, way too scared, to let down her walls in case they didn't like who she really was, or if she got them hurt, or couldn't save them, like her old herd. Feelings of regret, sorrow and heartache ripped through her body, and she started to tremble slightly. As soon as she realized this, she stood erect. She had a family now, but she knew she would never fit in, not truly, but she decided that they didn't need to know that, and hopefully they never would.

"Talk talk talk."
Tag; @[Cheveyo] , @[Azarel] , @[Abishia]
Words; 391
OOC; Sorry it's short, I'll write more in the future. By the way, Callista no longer wears her belt or her feathers, just her bracelet. Hope this is okay, I'm a newcomer on this site xD

Table and Art by Callista

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Azarel
if love is what you need, a soldier I will be
And of course I wouldn't have the pleasure to welcome this mare alone. "Welcome to Helovia, ma'm. I am Cheveyo, a Protector of the World's Edge." It was a mare, painted in chestnut and snow, carrying weird markings in different colors. Blue and red monkey-like prints decorated her body, but also rings and stripes of the same colors upon her mostly white face. Cheveyo. A name I would not forget very easily.

But as I turned my head slightly more, I felt my heart sink and I was close to let out a loud sigh. Abishia. That word carried so much dislike inside of me after what we had been through by the Blue. Why was she following me? Why couldn't she just give up and stop fucking following me? "Greetings! I'm Abishia, herd mate of Azarel. Artisan of the Falls, my lady." Herd mate. Right. Herd sister, unfortunately that was even worse. I huffed quietly and stared at the filly. "Aza and I go back!" What the fuck did she mean with that? I flicked my left ear back quickly before it returned to it's original position, feeling the annoyance burn inside. She laughed softly - a fake laugh for sure - before she looked at me.

And the glare she gave me was filled with pain. Pain that I had caused her, intentionally, to keep her away from me. Obviously, that hadn't worked. "Did he mention we would love to take you back to our family? But no pressure of course." Oh, Abishia. You fucking idiot. Someday I would get rid of her for good, make sure that she would never find me again no matter where she looked. A snort escaped me before I could stop it, and I rose my head high right in time for the sweet mare to speak.

"My name is Callista," What a beautiful name. I looked at her, my gaze was soft and a friendly smile decorated my lips. "Thank you for the lovely welcome sir." "My pleasure to do so, my lady." Then apparently she decided to acknowledge the overly attached girlfriend. "Hello ma'am. I would love to accompany you and Azarel in your family, please let me know more about this herd, I would not like to get confused on such matters." She wouldn't get confused by any matters, but surely she confused me by replying like that. I rose my head even higher and glanced at Abishia. Why the... What? As the mare turned around to speak to the painted mare, she allowed me to stare on her spotted white rump and lush, bright tail. I didn't even hear what she said to Ch... Chev... Wait, what had the name been?

I had to shake my head and return to reality as the mare brushed past us, her scent filling my nostrils and lungs. She spun around and I noticed her dark-tipped hair move around her face like a veil. "Well then, where are you going to take me? You know, no point dawdling along, lets go. Unless you have changed your mind about me being in your family." "I... Uhm." Come on tongue, work. "Yes, of course. Lady Callista, this way. Though... You are not forced to follow us. You can always explore first." I turned my head as I spoke, looking directly at her. She was trembling. "Lady, are you alright?" My face took on a worried look, slightly hopeful still that she would change her mind. Because if she did, I would be able to follow and perhaps explore her.

"Talking."

ooc: Aza, bad boy ò.ó
wordcount: 593
tags: @[Callista] @[Abishia] @[Cheveyo]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

Dawn broke the moon's hold and soon the earth began to warm to the newborn spring light, chasing away nagging cold and turning leaves bright in health. The Nightshade looked upon the day in a strange haze of pink. Everything was pink! The mountains were pink, the lakes were pink, the trees were pink and even the sky was blushing at him. All the way through his rather disjointed amble across the Threshold, d'Artagnan wore a look of complete perplexity. Like he was trying to solve a really hard puzzle, which really, he was in his own twisted way. Even Aramis was growing a pink mushroom on top of his head, the fungi a stark contrast to the rest of the hounds body. A hound who kept throwing dark looks at his bonded Commander as he knew all too well what was going on or what d'Artagnan thought was going on. It all came down to one thing; Toadstool Lanterns. The shade had stashed a couple away in his pouch for later and, meaning to reach for something more uplifting like snowweed, had eaten a toadstool instead and thus the world now blushed at him like an innocent maid.

It wasn't long before Aramis caught the scent of strangers and without much notice, trotted off in their direction with a rather confused looking d'Artagnan following close behind. Upon swift arrival d'Artagnan caught a number of things on a pink level, 3 blushing unicorns and a red letter equine who had death written all over her. Marvellous! The boy, who would've been a dun, had a lion in tow that Aramis dipped his head in greeting to the carnivore. Strong companions always had the respect of the Hellhound. For now, the shade had heard all he'd needed to hear in order to speak his mind, the world may be pink, but he was still quite coherent.

"Like any of these saps have a family worth returning to." He gruffly announced his arrival, moving to stand in front of the rather bright mare whom was the subject of interest today. He towered above them all seemingly and the Nightshade smacked his lips together in a new habit, thoughts churning through his chaotic mind. "I am d'Artagnan the Nightshade, of the stronghold in the north, the Aurora Basin." He motioned to his hound then who whipped his tail to the side, his red markings glowing lightly. "Aramis, hell's gift to me." He eyed the girl, the strange newcomer with the odd looking bracelet, standing in her way of going anywhere at all.

"Only the strong survive where I live, are you strong little mare?" He purred, clearly enjoying himself amongst what he would call rabble. Lastly, he looked at the painted equine from the Edge in disgust and laid back his ears with a look of hunger intense on his face. "Oh look Aramis! Lunch!" Aramis stalked a little nearer.

Everyday a castaway
A vagabond battle born

[ooc] just as a note, Toadstool Lanterns are in the land guides and can be found in the Aurora Basin :D

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Unregistered

CALLISTA

Callista laughed. A cold, bitter laugh, but a laugh at that. She turned to Azarel, "I am not much of an explorer at that. I shall follow the herd." Callista turned on her haunches.
"Only the strong survive where I live, are you strong little mare?" a voice said. The large stallion was blocking her path. She glared at him, and responded, "The question is, Sir, how strong are you?" Callista flattened her ears back to her head, angry thoughts whirling through her mind. She mocked the large stallion in a gruff, deep voice, "Only the strong survive where I live." She cackled a laugh, and whipped her mane over her shoulders. "I do not care if I am smaller than you, you do not frighten me, and why, should I respect your wishes when you should be so rude, so obnoxious, to call me a 'little mare'? I can assure you, though I may not be as tall and mighty as you, I have my ways, and I am not any less stronger nor braver than you. Though, I feel we have more in common than the rest of these creatures. Think what you want, I really could care less what you think about me!"
Callista took a step towards the stallion. She couldn't help but admire his companion, and his sarcastic ways.
She turned her head to look at Azarel. "Is he always so rude?"

Callista masked her angry soul with a sweet smile, and took another step towards the stallion. "If I ran right now, you would call me weak, no? Yet that is not me. I will not flee, I am not normal like the rest." Callista was enjoying herself. She and the stallion were the center of attention, yet that did not satisfy her. She would not be defined by the typical stereotype of a sweet, loving mare. Callista pinned her ears all the way back, stretching her nostrils and tilting her head.
"Now are you going to move out of my way?"

@[d'Artagnan] @[Azarel]

Table and Art by Callista

Unregistered
So sorry for the really short reply, but I have decided I no longer have the time to play helovia.
Sorry everyone!

Unregistered
@[Delline]
I am not going to sell her, I'm just not going to RP anymore ;)