the Rift

Break of Dawn

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Azarel
if love is what you need, a soldier I will be
I needed some time away from home. Mother and Dezba had come back to take care of my new sister, so I could go off duty and actually live. As I placed my dark hooves upon the earth, I breathed out a heavy sigh. Felt good to relax from time to time, just be me without anyone else controlling me. Not that I didn't love mother and her ways of raising children, I truly loved mom. Just... I felt... I don't know, just too controlled. Aslan breathed out a heavy sigh as well where he laid on my back, sleeping peacefully. He had grown into a large cub now, perhaps only half the size of my own head. We journeyed from the Hidden Falls to the Threshold, where I hadn't been in ages. A new sun was peeking through the tree tops and showered the whole forest in a gorgeous, warm light.

And that warm light was lighting up a path for me and my bonded, showing us a faint way into the forest of newcomers. 'Here we go, then,' I thought and leaned forward to start trotting. Aslan just kept on sleeping. 'You sleepyhead,' I smiled and glanced at him quickly before looking at the ground I was wandering on. But as always, there was a stop sign at the end of the road. As I came further into the forest, I found someone who didn't belong, but would rather soon if I had something to say. "Hello there, miss," I called out and slowed down as we came closer to the horned mare.

She was beautiful. Utterly, impossibly gorgeous. I parted my lips again to speak, but my tongue wouldn't cooperate with me. Had I lost my voice just because of a woman? Oh no, wait, there it was. "My name is Azarel, soldier of the Hidden Falls. May I ask what name they gave a beauty like you?" I fired off a smile at her, a genuine and friendly smile. I couldn't stop looking at her though. The mare's light coat was like the solar orb at sunrise, with a dash of snow upon her hide. Her maw and knees were splashed in a warmer color, pink almost as well as the tip of her ears and horn. Mane and tail were light with darker tips. She was smaller than me too.

The thing that put me off on the other hand was the spiked bracelet she wore, just under the knee on her right leg. Why did a beauty like something so rebellion-like? I rose my head again and looked into her golden eyes. Who was she? Where did she come from? Was she in need of help, because Gods knows how much I would be delighted to help.

"Talking."

ooc: *throws Azarel at* :D
wordcount: 463
tags: @[Callista]

Messages In This Thread
Break of Dawn - by Callista - 05-25-2014, 08:39 AM
RE: Break of Dawn - by Azarel - 05-25-2014, 11:23 AM
RE: Break of Dawn - by Cheveyo - 05-25-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: Break of Dawn - by Abishia - 05-26-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: Break of Dawn - by Callista - 05-26-2014, 04:43 AM
RE: Break of Dawn - by Azarel - 05-26-2014, 05:10 AM
RE: Break of Dawn - by d'Artagnan - 05-26-2014, 06:03 AM