the Rift

[OPEN] A Sense of Peace [Returning]

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

I watched as the smile that was across his features smoothed and widened as the oddly girlish giggle escaped from my being. It was almost strange to hear myself laugh and I wondered if it sounded as unnatural to the stallion's ears as it did to my own, but then I had always been told that our voices sounded different to ourselves than they truly did. Eardrums were odd things. Regardless, I was growing fond of the painted stallion, he would make a good friend, something I didn't have many of especially not in these herds.
My mind drifted off to the grullo paint, Alleo, who I suspected remained in what was now the Falls once the wraiths had been defeated and we were all set free from the horrid rabbit tunnels. He had been a true friend, a friend that I was sure would still accept me with a smile and kind words just as he had when we fought for the same leader. But Alleo would go no where without his lover, he was a good stallion, one that if I ever were to have a son I hoped would turn out like him.
I was brought back to the world about me though as the stallion spoke up, giving me permission to ask the question that had been gnawing at the back of my mind ever since that herd meeting where I had decided that the Edge would be my forever home. He seemed almost confused as to why I had made such a big fuss over what seemed like such a simple question, but I wasn't sure if I had been overstepping any boundaries with a question like that. I mean, I was only a simple protector and he was on the council!! ”Quite the opposite, actually, I was actually walking its length to see where it would be best to begin taking it down.” As he spoke, my orchid pools wandered away from his bay features and instead gazed at the light reflecting off of the shards of glass that lay scattered through the grass. But I didn't linger long, there was no need crying over something that was broken to the point of no repair, looking back up my yellow painted hooves moved forward and closer to the forest before I looked over my shoulder at the bay and white stallion. "Why isn't it being rebuilt?"
The sound of another approaching ceased my forward motion, and instead caused my skull to swiveled, orchids settling upon the pale rosy frame of the mare who's Edge scent was mingled with that of many different herbs that I couldn't quite put my hoof on. She seemed quite distraught, even more so when she suddenly stopped moving and garbbled words fell from her kissers. "S-sorry to interrupt...I-I was off in my own world... I d-didn't realize. I can leave if you'd w-wish..." A soft smile spread across my rosy kissers as I lowered my own skull as she did her's, but my harks flicked back as I realized the pretty mare was crying. ”It is only a moment of welcome, Resplendence, Cheveyo has come home to the Edge.” My orchids flashed momentarily away from the crying mare and instead rested on the stallion, mentally thanking him for clearing away the awkward introduction that was sure to come if he hadn't mentioned my name. A sniffle from the mare drew me back as a worried expression crossed my features and yellow painted hooves strode forward, leaving just enough space between us that she wouldn't feel threatened...but close enough that I could give some comfort if that was what she desired. "Are you alright Resplendence?" I had not met this mare in my short time in the Edge before, but her name had stuck out in the stallion's sudo-introduction, my boa stretched out as I reached out for her shoulder. Hopefully a touch that would be accepted as comforting and not uncomfortable from a near stranger.

"Words words words."
Tag;; @[Dragomir] & @[Resplendence]
Words;; 667
OOC;; Sorry it took me so long D':

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Messages In This Thread
A Sense of Peace [Returning] - by Cheveyo - 05-25-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: A Sense of Peace [Returning] - by Dragomir - 05-28-2014, 04:03 PM
RE: A Sense of Peace [Returning] - by Cheveyo - 05-30-2014, 11:21 PM
RE: A Sense of Peace [Returning] - by Dragomir - 06-02-2014, 01:32 PM
RE: A Sense of Peace [Returning] - by Cheveyo - 06-02-2014, 08:57 PM