the Rift

Irc's Last Flight [death plot/open]

Irc Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The Worlds Edge. I wonder what the inhabitants are like here? I've heard they only accept those with a horn and can be quite nasty about it sometimes. But horn's are so shiny! I haven't seen something shiny for a long time! Where to land, where to land... Ah! There! It appears the cliff area is the only true open place, especially when I'm in my horse body. I never thought the land of Unicorns would have so many trees, well I suppose I don't know what I thought their land would be like. I had also heard this place was burnt by the Sun. Looks fine to me. In fact, it doesn't look like its been touched. Must of just been a silly rumour. Although I thought I may find something more flashier with a name like 'Worlds Edge'...

I think here will do. My wings need a rest from all that flying, it's a long way from the Throat to this place. It's almost like travelling the length of Helovia, even an important bird like me is most weary after such a journey. This curiosity quirk of mine is going to kill me one of these days. Oh well. Now! Let's see what these unicorns are like, I wonder if any of them look like that big one I saw in the Threshold. The one confronting stripes. Now that was a fun day. But I don't want to meet her. The wicked witch who would surely kill me if she found me here. No, I hope there aren't many like her. The folk here are strange. But I will say...

I don't have a great feeling about his, now that I'm here.

[Okay so anyone is free to come in and kill him. Just make sure his body is lost heheh]

Ricciardo Posts: N/A
Unregistered

R I C C I A R D O
The Sandman.

The schemes in his mind grated down on the sorrel brute like a bird, constantly pecking away, desperate to be planned out. This made Ricciardo already feel on the edge, he was never in a good mood lately. He guessed that once at least some of his ambitions had been filled, only then would be perhaps be more content. With an intelligent mind and average appearance in beauty, he was impatient in something important happening in his life.

As the breeze caught his sea salt curled silks, the brawny brute made his way back from the cliff edge into the forest. The dried frondescence echoed with the disturbances of birds, but soon he began to spot an altogether different sort of bird - a winged equine. Already irate, Ricciardo was in no mood for pleasantries. He also gathered that this creature was evidently trespassing, since no winged creatures were able to get into the Edge herd.

He rounded in closer, ears pinned back, an irritated tone rang in his voice and a glint of anger in his orbs. "And just what do you think you're doing here?" He spoke out loud to the creature. It was a brute, with a charcoal pelt and strips of alabaster, while his wings were also the same alabaster colour. It reminded him of a bird, but there was no stopping any train of thought other than proving his worth to the herd, "You have no business here, get out!" He growled menacingly at the stranger, keen to warn off the brute out of the territory.

Korra Posts: N/A
Unregistered

700 pounds of muscle and bone moves soundlessly across the familiar terrain of World’s Edge. The savage had returned to her home, snaking effortlessly between the trees, brown globes scanning the woods as they lay before her. Since her flight to the Steppe a lot had happened here, and the forest was back to its old self. The scarred garron set her pace to a walk, nares flaring widely as a foreign smell was caught on the breeze. A harsh snort emitted her; who on earth would be idiotic enough to trespass on the Edge? It seemed she was about to find out.

The shaggy garron moved just within earshot in time to hear the angry words, spoken by an unfamiliar voice. She stayed in the shadows, making sure to move up against the wind as to not give herself away by smell. Her scarred, russet hide worked as great camouflage within the dry undergrowth, and she could stand undisturbed for a while, observing. A sorrel brute, one she hadn’t previously encountered, but with the horn on his forehead he was not the main concern. With him, however, she saw a monochrome Pegasus stallion. Slowly she shook her head; why did they never learn?

Deciding to finally reveal herself, she moved forward, out of the shadows. Her sight remained on the Pegasus, not wasting attention on the sorrel loudmouth, heading straight for her target. She moved like a predator, surprisingly swift and athletically for someone of her stature. White antlers top her head, sun reflected in the sharp tips. "You really shouldn’t be here," she rasped in her hoarse voice, starting to circle him slowly. He wasn’t much to look at, not a proper soldier. Pitiful, disgusting filth. Without further warning, she charged at him, sharp tips of her antlers pointed towards the pegasus’ soft jugular. We will see if he is at least smarter than he looks.

Unregistered

R I C C I A R D O
The Sandman.

The sorrel brute witnessed another stranger walking into the frame. Another vixen. She was not what you would call beautiful, for the scars that were embedded deep into the russet pelt that covered her silhouette, tainted her beauty. He gathered that she must be a horned creature, for even though she did not bear the typical horn that grew in the centre of the crown, she bore two magnificent ivory antlers. They were both striking and dangerous. A perfect weapon for a warrior, which judging by the scars she must have been. Without even needing an introduction he immediately knew that the newcomer was here for the same reason: to see this dillusional creature out of the territory.

Ricciardo stood still, his ears continued to be pinned back and the steel slowly being welded into the small of his flame-kissed back as the duchess charged at him. With a strong admiration already for her, he continued to watch in amazement. He then joined in the procession, thrusting himself forward and instead of using his cocoa horn, he used the secondary weapon: his daggers.

The tan daggers connected to the ends of his sturdy pillars aimed for the side of the bird-like creature, so as not to get in the way of the strange jade. She was busy going for the jugular, and he was not going to stand inbetween her and the trespasser. Once she moved out of the way would he go for the crown, aiming for the spot that was renowned for making creatures go out like a light if hit with the right pressure.

Hesitating only slightly to perhaps give the brute a chance to turn tails and scarper, he uttered to himself about the ways of the winged. He deemed himself to not be a racist; he was more comfortable with his own kind of course, but in no way would he see the other races be annihilated for their differences. In the presence of another Edge herd member though, he thought it best to come across as one. This was one of the many calculations he had been whittling away at. The flame-kissed beast was aiming for a valued place in the herd, and being an outsider in thoughts was not going to get him far.

Irc Posts: N/A
Unregistered

These are not kind people. I don't like these ones. Why do they come at me waving their horns? My hooves have barely touched the floor, do they not know how important a bird I am?! This carrot coloured one doesn't even want to know who I am. How rude of him. But mother always taught me politeness, even to those who do not show it. I must be careful, if he becomes hasty... Wait.

Who is she? I don't understand why they are so mad. This one is smaller than the other but comes with more venom... Much more venom?! Those horns, they are like those of elk. My homeland had elk, but they are not as dangerous as this one. "Please wai-" she's not going to stop?! I need to change, I must become crow!

Change.

What! I knew if I took my eyes off him for one second he would move.

Change.

Chang-

Too late.

Korra's horns pierce into the poor brute's jugular. Crimson blood stains his black hide and sprays up onto his face and white wings. Bones squealed under the pressure of Ricciardo's hooves and the bird side stepped. A piercing scream escapes the steeds maw before being cut short from the mares horns. The pegasus stands still in shock as his life slowly drains away...

I... I... Help. Somebody, please. Does my life end here? On this cliff...

[I wont post him again, so have at it :P]

Unregistered

One moment, she felt the tip of her antlers break his delicate skin. The next, blood came gushing over her, painting her cranium red and running down her nape and chest. With a hard toss of her head, the shaggy garron freed her antlers from entanglement, a large piece of flesh tearing from the fowl’s throat. A rush of adrenaline pumped through her vessels; the moment she had withdrawn she was upon him with renewed strength. He hadn’t ever a chance, as her small hooves slammed down on his skull, feeling bone and flesh give in under the force of the blow. Withdrawing, brown eyes fell on the gooey mess that lay before her. The sandy stallion that had at first stood at a distance was suddenly next to her, but the savage never paid him much mind. The job was done; there was nothing that he could do that would really make a difference.

Slowly, the black and white bird stopped squirming, breath exhaling from his lungs slowly. The savage snorted, a dry halfway chuckle emitting her. Most of all, she wanted to mount the carcass on a spike and let everyone know what happened to trespassers of the Edge. Alas, she had a sneaking suspicion that her pale king wouldn’t exactly approve of that. With his filthy blood all over her, it would be difficult to run from the responsibility, so when the brute stopped his pounding on the corpse, Korra knew what must be done. Walking over to the edge slowly, she peered cautiously down on the crashing waves below. She couldn’t have wished for any better disposal site. Moving back to the carcass, she didn’t spill a look at the other Edger, just demanded him gruffly: "Push.

With help of her antlers, she started shoving and pushing the body toward the edge, inch by inch. Every now and then, she had to put her shoulder into it, dead wings tangling around the body and making the work much harder. A grunt of strain came past her maw, glancing at the stag out of the corner of her eye, hoping to see him make use of himself.

Unregistered

R I C C I A R D O
The Sandman.

The flame-kissed brute's irate behaviour took on a nuclear flavour as he assisted the striking femme with her business. The antlers that she bore so menacingly atop her crown had pierced and ripped open a large chunk of the trespasser's flesh. He went about to vent his frustration upon the unfortunate, and together they had eventually slain the bird-like creature. He was now nothing more than a carcass, and since he could not put a name to the face it seemed that the best option was to pretend he was a nobody. A slight worry overcame the vexed emotions in Ricciardo's mind, wondering what his King would think of this.
"Pray I be far away when it happens..." he thought out loud, not paying attention to the fact that he could be overheard by the doe.

In all spirits though, he obeyed the gruff voice of the scarred russet duchess and helped to push the weight off the cliff. With all their force they eventually toppled him over, and as they did so he took a peek at the expression on the stranger's appearence. The stains of blood covering her frame made her look noticeably more menacing and dangerous, which Ricciardo could not help but admire. He saw no readable expression in her pools and decided it was best to keep his velveteens shut tight for a little while to soak up the silence. He also needed to come to terms with what had just happened, and what he had just done. I've just assisted murder... Trying to push the word "murder" out of his mind, he scolded his thoughts with the fact that that the beast was a trespasser and they were within their rights. But however much he tried, the sorrel could not shake off the feeling that this would come back to haunt him in the future.

Looking down over the cliff, he could see no body to suggest that anything had happened here. With a short sigh of relief, he then turned his flamed crown towards the stranger. He needed answers, and what they were going to do. It wasn't the most common of conversations, and certainly not one he had encountered in his young years before, but Ricciardo knew that there had to be some plan of action in case questions did arise. Clearing his throat, his deep voice was tainted with slight worry as he addressed the vixen:
"What now?" It was the best he could think of considering the sitation. His mind a scattery mess, the flame-kissed beast knew nothing of what to say that could possibly be appropriate at this time of peril. Shivering slightly from adrenaline, his pillars nearly gave way, but instead he stood firm and defied the feeling to drop down. His stature regained a somewhat harmonious appeal to it, attempting to look as normal as he could.

Unregistered

The savage didn’t care much for the words spoken by the stallion, so when he mumbled something and looked guilty, she didn’t react to it. At least he knew to follow an order when he heard one, and with his aid they managed to tip the carcass over the Edge. Brown globes watched the body tumble through air, before hitting the wave and rock far below. Korra was satisfied, her face lacking any sort of expression and she turned to cover up the blood with some dirt. This kill was just another in the long line of lives she had taken, but even a shaggy wildling like Korra couldn’t deny the rush it gave, the feeling of sheer power that pumped through her and ticked every little pleasure center in her brain. She was a murderess and a skilled one at that, without a single scruple in sight.

Without spilling many looks upon the stallion, she started to move back toward the brim of trees where she had appeared. Her job was done, she could go back to her forest placidly; but then he spoke. A question: “What now?” Cranium turned to look at him, eyes dead in their expression. She saw his worry of getting caught, he reeked of fear and she snorted to herself. Pathetic. If he thought he was going to get any help from her in figuring out how to keep his bloody mouth shut, he would be severely disappointed. So instead of engaging in conversation, Korra did what she does best. A short, cold laugh escaped her, no joy in her face. Then the scarred warrior turned around and continued her walk to the trees, shortly after disappearing within the shadows.

She had no fear of the consequences, that was something she had been taught as a warrior, and if Mauja found out she had killed a trespassing bird, he was high unlike to take any offence to that. Now, that sorrel stallion just needed to suck it up and put his brains back in his head. With a flick of her tail, she smirked and crept soundlessly through the undergrowth, prowling for her next victim.