the Rift

[PRIVATE] Scars Heal, Glory Fades [Kaj]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Instinctive tension was commendable in the painted warrior, and Kaj was proud of her thoughtless protection, displaying clear devotion that was well valued in the ranks of the Edge. Though there was a large lack of reason to be so on edge with the king of the lands she sought to keep safe, Kaj could only find positive attributes in her involuntary reaction. Despite the slow seep of tension from her sturdy frame, Kaj allowed his smile to warm from the cordial stages of greeting in hopes of furthering her comfort in his presence. He was no tyrant after all.

Embarrassment seemed to be the cause of her dipped crown, and Kaj chuckled softly as her pale lips parted and words painted the air between their skin. "Never, my dear. I assure you I am far from perfect company myself, so it is I who should be worried," he teased, winking playfully at the powerful lass astride him, attempting to chase away her shyness with subtle compliments and light heartedness. It seemed to be effective a majority of the time with most of his flock regardless of gender. Not that he lied, for Cheveyo was a breath of fresh air, kind and sincere with a lack of frivolously shallow tendencies.

Silence was pleasant, far from uncomfortable or causing an air of pervading awkwardness amongst the pair. Walking alongside the beautifully decorated lass was a load freeing itself from the Storm Bringer's mantle, a freedom from worries and woes, decision making and instructing. It was certainly an improvement upon both his day and mood.

Inquisitive, posed questions granted the view of curled pale kissers and the emanation of joy from Cheveyo's being. Kaj turned crown to view her better, attentive and sincerely intrigued by the answers hiding away on her tongue. Relief cascaded upon chiseled caricature at the positive response garnered from his questions. "No need for thanks, love. I merely desire your happiness." Soft rumbling voice confessed with an airy smile. But soon her own question sprang forth and the curl of lips became sardonic and amused. "It is as tedious and stressful as I anticipated, but it is an honor in equal measure. I am not foreign to it, but it has certainly been a drastic change nonetheless," deep voice rumbled with a chuckle lacing the edges of his tone. "I merely hope to keep everyone safe, and be a decent King. I hope I'm on the right track." Earnest aquamarine turned to gaze almost sheepishly upon the dame, smile almost boyish as he confessed easily to her.

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Scars Heal, Glory Fades [Kaj] - by Cheveyo - 05-26-2014, 06:27 PM
RE: Scars Heal, Glory Fades [Kaj] - by Kaj - 06-08-2014, 12:43 AM
RE: Scars Heal, Glory Fades [Kaj] - by Cheveyo - 06-27-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: Scars Heal, Glory Fades [Kaj] - by Kaj - 07-02-2014, 01:42 AM
RE: Scars Heal, Glory Fades [Kaj] - by Cheveyo - 07-04-2014, 02:31 PM
RE: Scars Heal, Glory Fades [Kaj] - by Kaj - 08-26-2014, 07:15 PM
RE: Scars Heal, Glory Fades [Kaj] - by Cheveyo - 09-15-2014, 08:53 AM