the Rift

[OPEN] River Walker's Return [Illynx]

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

The devil bent my ear today about his magical elixir

That would make the sorrow go away

It is interesting how the moment it seems the Lady will appease her wishes how the keeper of the Glass Forest changes, gaining confidence as if she hadn’t had any in herself to begin with. Still, it was nice to have the blue eyes of the Queen meet her own golden ones, to compare their soft daylight glow to the tumultuous currents moving through her soul. Illynx is not the sort to give light to her thoughts so naively, and not the sort to arrive wanting something without a can do attitude, but if this was what had become of the great dragon warriors of the Edge, she could let Kahlua’s weakness slide. It meant that, for the first time since they had been thrown from her birth land, there was little to fear from the misty wood.

It meant that once this conversation was over, she could more light heartedly go about her nefarious tasks, her pulling of strings; even though the Edge was safe from their mayhem, she knew well enough that the peace loving idiots could barely refrain from leaping in front of any sodden lamb unlucky enough to be assaulted by her wolves.

If they came in retribution now, she would fear none at all. Let them attack with their sunlight and foolish dreams; her kin had been busy at work keeping their swords sharp and true while Kahlua had taught the Edge to knit.

So many questions flood from this new and uplifted face that has turned towards her that she finds her ears back on her head and her mouth set in a narrow grimace as she glowers at the chatterbox, wondering if the inquiries have an end to them or if she’ll faint from a lack of breath. Even when they do end, she’s immediately off on another question, to which the Lady smiles deviously, knowing how to answer the query most instantly.

”He watches the Steppe,” she says with a light giggle as her eyes sweep up the length of the bronze beast, ”and waits for his twin to be finished.” A gaggle of odd supplies and metal bits are strewn across the pathway from the completed one, the only sign that Ulrik has spent endless hours out here at the fore of the herd and in the caves themselves tinkering and crafting, molding wire and tending to the fires that melted his precious ores. ”I envisioned their might and my darling Engineer has provided for me with his talents. Is he not stunning?” She alleges that lying or with holding truth is not something she has to do anymore, but she’s still not entirely trusting of this “friendship” that existed between their two people and is loathe to forfeit all her secrets in one day. It is enough that she has informed them of danger lingering so near their borders and that she is willing to answer Kahlua’s questions.

She can wonder as to the functions aside from just staring the obviously functioning statue does.

”But you came to discuss my mind, not my people’s achievements…” she muses aloud, pulling her eyes from Ulrik’s creation and returning them to Kahlua, ”and I will try to appease you.” Closing her lids over her golden gaze for a moment, she slides back into her youth, the first dark streaks to linger in her heart, how quickly they had bloomed into great voids of nothingness. ”My mother and father were as I am, from a land not unlike some of my brothers here; pure, unstained by your kind and that of the winged ones. I never knew this land but they never forgot it, or the pride it had left in their hearts for what We are and what We deserve,” slowly her eyes reopen, but she is not looking at Kahlua, not wishing for her to see the hurt that arises in these memories of their faces, their voices, ”for reasons I do not know they left their home, settled in the land you now rule, and gave life to me several years later; so my lessons in the truth began.”

She does not tell her that they died at the hands of the mutants, that they were slain for their peaceful but loud opinions on the order of the universe, for Kahlua does not deserve that story and she cannot bare to remember the grove any longer. ”I took my first life at a year and a half old to repay debts his family had left him in towards me. I have taken many since, for similar reasons, and I will take many more,” it is said as one states that the night follows the day, that the sky is blue and so is the sea, not a ripple that she is callous and has no right to do such things reaching into the pristine and gentle tones of her voice, ”to restore order to this world and to bring honor the graves of my parents. We were first to walk this plane, the chosen of the Gods, and the others are blights to its beauty born out of sin and moral failure on the behalf of my ancestors.”

”As for why the Unicorn is superior, all one must do is look ‘round you, at those gathered near to us,” she smiles, doing just that with a turn of head, gazing out across the hidden safe haven nestled in the Steppe and finding several figures grazing or going about their daily business, ”no where will you find anything of more beauty, more grace, a line more purely magical than We. Look to your reflection and see how plain you are in comparison to how brightly We shine.”

Artist | Background | Horse Head | Horse Figure | Table by Time
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
River Walker's Return [Illynx] - by Kahlua - 05-26-2014, 10:46 PM
RE: River Walker's Return [Illynx] - by Illynx - 05-27-2014, 10:08 AM
RE: River Walker's Return [Illynx] - by Kahlua - 05-27-2014, 04:19 PM
RE: River Walker's Return [Illynx] - by Illynx - 05-27-2014, 05:53 PM
RE: River Walker's Return [Illynx] - by Kahlua - 05-27-2014, 06:44 PM
RE: River Walker's Return [Illynx] - by Illynx - 05-28-2014, 03:29 PM
RE: River Walker's Return [Illynx] - by Kahlua - 06-07-2014, 11:30 AM
RE: River Walker's Return [Illynx] - by Illynx - 06-10-2014, 08:08 AM
RE: River Walker's Return [Illynx] - by Kahlua - 06-15-2014, 02:54 PM
RE: River Walker's Return [Illynx] - by Illynx - 06-17-2014, 10:02 AM