the Rift

The Samurai's Bones [Questing: Lullaby]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

The sound of another's voice forces me instantly into the form of the living. Not out of shame for what I am, no, anything but that, but out of an obligation to seem presentable before other members of this herd. I do not appreciate the sentiment held by so many here- this is a herd where any are welcome, yet a wrinkled nose and a look of disgust is always cast my way. If only they knew the rare beauty of what they see in me.

I drag you alongside me with a tug of the chain and lift myself from the earth, no longer caring to lay in silence. The mare that has arrived might prove herself useful, unlike yourself. Perhaps this newcomer knows of the death of the great Samurai Voltaic, and perhaps she can lead me to his grave.

With care I find myself lifting up from the ground and making my way closer. Blinding white eyes gaze into the deep blue eyes of the mare, and I take her in slowly. She is an interesting figure, with wings that do not match her coat, but a set of feathers that seem to make the progression natural. I long for my own wings now- I find myself frustrated that I've yet to obtain them. I turn to you with a look of distaste only briefly before reformatting myself and standing neatly before the mare.

"Yes- hello," I answer cooly, my voice ragged and my tone quiet. There is a slight grimace on my features as I step closer to examine her as they so often do to me when I am out of this form. Now I stand tall and beautiful, a filled out stallion of poise and gentility. It is a shame the mind cannot match the shell it makes its home. I take steps further from the oasis, dragging you along, forcing you further from your latest kill. I will take pleasure in the meal later, after you have gone to rest for the evening. If I ever let you sleep, that is.

"Tell me," I begin, my head tossing and my mane falling in thin red sheets as it does, "could you lead me to the Samurai's gravesite?" I seem casual as I ask a stranger for the path to another's death. It is more than a simple curiosity, it is a desire, burgeoning, yearning, passionate. My wings will be crafted from the feathers of the finest soldiers and the greatest fools. They will lift me to the sky and I will rise above mortality once again.

But first I must find the Samurai's bones.

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Samurai's Bones [Questing: Lullaby] - by Lullaby - 09-25-2012, 12:09 PM
RE: The Samurai's Bones [Questing: Lullaby] - by Prometheus - 10-03-2012, 11:54 PM
RE: The Samurai's Bones [Questing: Lullaby] - by Lullaby - 10-10-2012, 11:00 AM