the Rift

[OPEN] your last chance to do exactly as you want to;

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
TORLEIK
Long is the winter of a man's soul

To assume that such deep thoughts ricocheted in Illynx shallow skull was not a play Torleik was prepared to make. However, he was beginning to note the Gilded Lady had more to her than she allowed others to commonly see. After all, she had accepted his offer to find her closest friend after barely knowing him and having little evidence to show she could trust him.

He could have been luring her out here in an attempt to kill her and take her place. But that wasn't his intention. At heart, Torleik was a good man, an honorable man, and subterfuge and murder were not part of his being. She was hurting, and he wished to help, as he always wished to help. One day, he felt that his constant desire to aid others, to be their life raft in times of inner storm and turmoil, all of the good within him would be his undoing. One day someone would take advantage and ruin him.

Was that really such a bad thing? Not as if he had much to be ruined. He had no family - they'd all been murdered. He had no real friends; everyone here seemed to operate on their own agenda. Torleik knew he had nothing and he knew the desolating loneliness that it brought, and he wished it on no one. So despite Illynx being a self-centered, bitchy, manipulative mare, he would help her.

Because no one should be alone.

They reached the Endless Blue only to find nothing but brine and sand; neither of the travelers was much surprised. Inquiring where they were to go now, Torleik waited for the response that seemed years in coming. South, then east. Were these places they were visiting important to Psyche somehow? Was that why Illynx chose them in order?

The stallion watched her, his ruler, standing still and silent, struggling with, wrestling with inner demons he was not privy to. When her eyes cracked back open, they glistened with tears that rolled slowly, thickly down her cheeks - until Illynx turned away. It was beginning to dawn on Torleik that perhaps this friend she sought...was more than a simple friend. One did not weep for a friend the way Illynx was weeping now, quietly, pained, torn apart by the mere thought of having to search because who you sought should be by your side.

Such was the grief of losing a beloved.

Was that why Illynx toyed with men? Why she flirted and pranced and (likely) took them to bed? Distraction? Something that was not the thing she so sorely missed and needed: Psyche?

The question the Gilded Blade asks was not what he expected, though he wasn't surprised. "My home is...like the Basin in the winter," the rabicano began. "Mountains. Snow. Rivers that freeze but never quite give up on their winding ways. I lived where the waters opened up and became vast. The sky would dance with ribbons of light, like in the Frostbreath Steppe."

"In the spring, everything would thaw and melt, and the grasses would be green and lush, the trees thick and forests alive. Summer was much milder than here, with long days and still nights. Fall was cool and crisp." Torleik's throat tightened. "Home was more beautiful than here because it was home. I had a life. Family. A purpose. A future. Now..." The stallion looked down at the ground. "Now I am just trying to get back on my feet. It feels like I'm drowning and no one is offering help, but I haven't yet gone under."

The male gave her a wry smile before sinking to the ground, his back to the strong rocks. "But we are, all of us, strangers here, are we not?" he asked rhetorically. "We should rest if we wish to start early in the morning and continue on," Torleik advised.

@[Illynx]

"talk talk talk"
'Mental talking'
Thoughts

Credits: Image by Flowering Fatality @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
RE: your last chance to do exactly as you want to; - by Torleik - 08-05-2014, 06:09 PM