the Rift

[JUDGED] it's a new day [kahlua challenge]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

At first, I think she won't come. Has she ignored my call? Ignored my challenge? This will not do, so I start to pace furiously back and forth. My wings are held tightly at my sides. Each step I take is quick and rough, like a machine in need of some serious oil. I feel delicate and frail, so knowing that I am about to charge (what I assume) is a healthy mare and try to beat her in battle is an idea that frightens me. I do not pace for long, as it seems the ivory mare with obsidian splotches has heard her name screamed out into the rather quiet surroundings. As she approaches me, I become embarrassed. Do I really want to do this? Last time I saw her, I started convulsing on the floor, and the horses with me had to hold me in place so I wouldn't accidentally hurt myself. Maybe when I saw Kahlua close her doe-eyes, as if she was pretending nothing was happening, I realized she was not the best fit for the crown. How does she close her eyes knowing I am on the floor being restrained?

I abruptly halt, and my stern expression shows I mean business. I readily face her as I brace myself. If she attacks me prematurely, I will be ready. Kahlua, you will not win. With my gaze staring at her, my lips peel apart from each other as my voice flutters into the air. Kahlua... I realize I have made mistakes, and you may not think of me the same as you did when you first met me. I cannot be angry at you for this, and I do not want you to forget my mistakes. They are a warning, perhaps. I pause for a moment, allowing her to register what my steady voice has said. As I resume, I let my gaze analyze her. I might as well know what I am up against now. You should have kicked me out sooner, but it is too late. If I lose, I will peacefully leave the Edge... A smirk crawls across my face. If I win, I become lead, and you step down from your throne.

She must know what I mean now, and if she doesn't.. she will figure it out. As I stand in front of her, facing her, staring at her, I begin to move. I lunge forward, into a quick gallop. My legs are obviously shorter than other legs, but they move quickly. I do not care if I look beautiful, I only care how fast I go. I aim at her right side, but her shoulder is exactly where I aim. My goal is to smash my body into hers, to throw her off of balance. Maybe it will bruise her, but I am not sure if this type of hit will do anything, but knock her off-balance. This is the reason I will my coat to ignite on fire. I am a phoenix, something feared, not confronted. Will she run, or play the game of adults with me? Now the time has come to hope that I hit her right shoulder with my fiery left shoulder. Everything will happen quick. In a few strides, I am where I think she is. Time to brace myself for impact (or failure?).

As quickly as I attempt to attack her, I run away. If I hit her, this would be good, and it is even better to run away after. Now, she'll have to run to me to get a hit. Ha, sucks for her! This is the plus side of challenging a horse and not being the challenged. I decide who attacks first, and I can make a get-away after this very first attack. Later in the battle, if our legs become entwined in a kicking match, I will not be able to run easily, but I can now. So, casually, I try circle around her at a slow paced canter. If she moves, I may not be circling around her anymore, and she may be attacking me, so I keep my eyes peeled. Kahlua, if you have not figured it out yet.. I am challenging you! I let out a slightly evil laugh, but it is short-lived so I may keep my eyes on what she is doing. Let the games begin. As quickly as it came, my fire leaves. I am back to my normal self.

Walk walk walk
Talk talk talk
ooc:; 1/4 Attacks + 0/1 Defense. 746 Words.
Summary: Aurelia aims her body at Kahlua's right shoulder. She hopes to hit Kahlua's right shoulder with her left shoulder. Aurelia is also on fire, to try to burn her also. After she tries to attack, she runs away and just gallops around her in a circle.
Injuries: None
Image Credits

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Messages In This Thread
it's a new day [kahlua challenge] - by Aurelia - 05-28-2014, 07:35 AM
RE: it's a new day [challenge] - by Blu - 05-28-2014, 08:54 AM
RE: it's a new day [kahlua challenge] - by Kahlua - 05-28-2014, 10:52 AM
RE: it's a new day [kahlua challenge] - by Aurelia - 05-28-2014, 07:45 PM
RE: it's a new day [kahlua challenge] - by Kahlua - 05-28-2014, 10:37 PM
RE: it's a new day [kahlua challenge] - by Kahlua - 05-31-2014, 01:41 AM
RE: it's a new day [kahlua challenge] - by Kahlua - 06-01-2014, 01:50 PM
RE: it's a new day [kahlua challenge] - by Kahlua - 06-01-2014, 09:30 PM