the Rift

[OPEN] Not all who Wander are Lost -- but some are.
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
It's not hard to live like a ghost.
I just haunt all that I wanted, and leave what I don't.</style>

Herrrrreee

Mara's mental suggestions were accompanied by a gentle hissing sound, as she wound herself around Gaucho's antlers. He didn't question his bonded, but nor did he understand why she was leading him here. Images flashed in his mind, of caves that glittered from an unseen light; of a herd huddled close together; raised voices and fear; darkness. His stormy gaze narrowed in confusion as these images passed without recollection from his primitive mind. "So?" He inquired aloud, his voice a deep rumble. Ever persistent, Mara merely urged him forward.

You will sssssseee.

But Gaucho did not see. As his large hooves loudly struck the pathway leading into the Sanctuary, all he saw was the river of lava, and the reflection of the flames on his body gently creating shadows and light against the crystalline walls. "So?" He asked again, raising his dark wings from his flanks, to allow the flames that lingered there to be cast in a wider radius, flooding his corner of the Sanctuary with light. His antlered skull surveyed the room without interest, finding defensible points, and areas of weakness, but not recalling the events that had happened here.

Mara sighed with defeat, as Gaucho moved to the wall of the cave, inspecting it with interest. Without being consciously aware of his reasons for doing so, he lowered his antlered skull and began to etch a symbol into the wall. Almost as if in a trance, and with care that seemed befitting the beast, he began to slowly etch a symbol into the cave wall. After a few moments, this shape was revealed:

Mara, who had slithered back onto his neck to avoid the dust and rock thrown her way during this process, eyed the shape with interest. Ammmmpere? She silently inquired, associating what appeared to be a lightning bolt with the lightning-mare who had so captivated Gaucho's attention during their brief encounters. Gaucho's dark ears twitched slightly as if with recognition, as his gaze fell over the symbol, as if it wasn't his own doing. With a grunt, he shrugged his blue-striped shoulders, raising his wings to cast light upon the inscribed marking.

@[Ranjiri]

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

Cause all the walls of dreaming, they were torn wide open
And finally it seemed that the spell was broken
And all my bones began to shake, my eyes flew open
</style>

I don't know what it was that brought be back to the caves again. Some of my worst memories were locked away here and yet this was my second time coming back here. The first time I had found Roux and I knew there was the posibility that I would find someone else that I knew either in the caves or in front of them. More than likely someone that I had wronged when I had been under the influence of whatever had taken hold of Helovia. Someone else that I would have to apologize to. I guess that was part of the reason I kept going back. I needed to apologize to bring myself peace. Maybe I would find Roskuld here and I would finally be able to apologize to her, too. Somehow I doubt she'd even want to see me, though.

I hesitated at the cave opening before finally stepping inside. This was the ... third time? The first had been right before the dark period and I had met a stallion in here, but I can't remember his name. Then again when I had plunged into the darkness intent on finding my dad and killing him. And Gaucho. I had come in looking for him, too, after spending so much time taunting him on the surface and threatning to find his daughter and hurt her. He was one that I'd need to add to my list of apologies.

Fate would have it that I would apologize to him sooner rather than later, it seemed. I remember his smell from when I met him in the Throat and his scent was strong in the cave. My ears tilted back then forward because I could hear his hooves against the stone, but I couldn't see him. The stallion had struck me as very primal and the idea of hearing him but not being able to see him after what I had done didn't feel too good. I'd rather meet him out in an open field than in a dark cave that I didn't know. Where he could attack me. Where my body could be easily concealed. Where rodents and insects could pick at me until I was nothing but a pile of bones and feathers.

No.

I shook the idea and image from my head. Gaucho couldn't be that much of a caveman. He had to have some sense about him, right? Right? I was having a hard time convincing myself so I called out his name before I completely lost my nerve. "Gaucho?"

"."

@[Roux]

credits
Coded by Time

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
It's not hard to live like a ghost.
I just haunt all that I wanted, and leave what I don't.</style>

He didn't understand, and he didn't remember. It was a cave, like any other. Well, not like any other. Likely there weren't that many diamond caves, with hieroglyphics and whatnot. But it was unremarkable, in the sense that it did not awaken any of the memories that Mara thought it might. Just the symbol, whatever it was.

At the sound of hoof falls against the rocky floor, Gaucho twisted slightly, raising his right wing to force the flames that lingered there to illuminate the room. He did not see anything at first - for much of Ranjiri was cloaked in black, but slowly more of her silhouette appeared. As she called his name, the WildFire frowned. Another one who knows me, he thought agitatedly. How could it be so? What was truly puzzling, was just how many seemed to know him. Even if he had been here before, and had lead some 'dragon's throat', how could his name be known to everyone he had met? It had to be a ruse; a trick. There were simply too many who knew his face, for this lie to be probable. He could not be that well known.

Turning his blue striped chest to face the opening of the room he currently occupied, Gaucho stepped forwards, and away from his wall-etching.

"Yes." He answered flatly, his deep voice echoing off of the walls. He still couldn't make out who had named him. Although, given his lack of memories, seeing Ranjiri likely wouldn't change matters either.

@[Ranjiri]

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.