the Rift

[OPEN] That which marks us.

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz
M U R D O C K

Murdock was a gentle creature, taking pleasure in childish games and harmless tricks, and he would never dream of harming or endangering another creature. However, something about him seemed to set the two mares on edge. The grey seemed particularly suspicious of him, and her unease seemed to spark some distrust in the paint as well. They fixed him with penetrating gazes as words and questions were exchanged, forcing him to feel self conscious as he stood cornered among shadows and colour. A smile was all he could offer to ease their hearts for the time, until his words could soothe their suspicions.

The paint replied to him softly, informing him that she was merely out enjoying the beautiful day, as he was. As I am? Murdock thought, Who’s to say I’m enjoying it? He hadn’t really thought about it yet, whether or not this was a good day or a not-so-good day. What had he done? He had woken alone in the hills and returned to the skies to seek out some place of interest to keep his rampant imagination occupied. He was a victim to his thoughts when he spent his hours in silence, dark memories drifting back to haunt him whenever he let himself become idle.

However, he decided that he was enjoying this day. He had found company, finally, and the myriad of whirling colours that surrounded them as the sunlight danced overhead was comforting to his restless soul. He nodded slightly, deciding that he liked both these mares, whether or not they reciprocated the feeling. When the grey mare mentioned escaping the cold, Murdock’s attention was drawn directly back to her. He already knew she was from the Basin, that much was obvious from the by-now very familiar scent of her coat, but for how long had she been there? Who did she know? He was tempted to ask about his dear friend Roland, perhaps even inquire about the dark mare who had left with his heart, but he thought it best to keep his ties to the Basin hidden from those who might find them unfavourable.

Her next question left him speechless for a moment, pondering what exactly had led him to this strange building in the forest. He did not really know why he was there. Curiosity drew him, but what kept him? Company, perhaps. Something he had been starved of for far too long. Now that he was on his own, drifting here and there, he found conversations were few and far between and he suddenly seemed alone in the ever-expanding world of Helovia. How much it had changed since first he arrived. “Shade? Yes. It gets dreadfully hot out there in the sunlight.”

“I’m Murdock, by the way. Former General of the Foothills. And you are…?” His gaze shifted between each of their faces, searching for something he recognized though he found nothing. Perhaps it was unnecessary to tie himself to the rank of former General, now that he had been an outcast for several months, but something, perhaps it was sentiment, caused him to cling to the title he had once held. How he wished to have his family back. How he longed to return to his cave in the cliffs and watch the world from above once more. Perhaps someday he would find his way home.

"talk talk talk"

@[Cheveyo]

maybe i like
that i'm not alright
Image Credit
x

Messages In This Thread
That which marks us. - by Liit - 05-28-2014, 01:45 PM
RE: That which marks us. - by Murdock - 05-28-2014, 11:39 PM
RE: That which marks us. - by Cheveyo - 05-29-2014, 10:46 AM
RE: That which marks us. - by Liit - 05-30-2014, 02:02 PM
RE: That which marks us. - by Murdock - 06-02-2014, 05:57 PM