the Rift

[PRIVATE] take a breath

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali

Kaj's response came as a bit of a shock to Evangeline because she had not meant to insinuate that the queen was a fool. He was putting words in her mouth and as the initial shock wore off Eva frowned. "I was not referring to her." She said pointedly. Even if she did not think that Kahlua was all there mentally at times she would not badmouth one leader to the other. She had never been one to talk about someone she knew personally behind their backs. Usually if she had a problem with them she would tell them face to face and let them deal with it how they would. "Shimmerbutt." Tallis interjected and Eva nodded her head. She had been the one Eva had referred to as a fool. From what she had been able to gather from the images Tallis had shown her and the handful of words he had muttered, she was the one that had attacked the Falls and drew so many to their doorstep.

The king mentioned backstabbing and Eva made a mental note to question him about it once he had answered her other questions. "Exhaustion and leadership tend to go hand in hand." The mare said, knowing all too well the burden that he carried on his shoulders. She could not help the wry grin that curled her lips as Kaj spoke what she had felt what seemed to be a lifetime ago. "I can relate." She said. "I lead a herd in my homeland, Isilme. I served as the diplomatic lead and my partner was the military leader. Toward the end I was constantly going behind him and cleaning up his messes." He had been so blinded by the looks of a pretty mare that he failed to see just how evil she was. He allowed her into their ranks and they all suffered because of it. "Its not wise to hold your feelings to yourself. You need to confide in Kahlua, urge her to take more control and step into the role that she was given instead of doing it for her." Her gaze was unwavering as she looked at Kaj. "If you continue to protect her others will only see her as weak and challenge her for power. You won't be able to protect her then."

Evangeline had known for a long time while she led her own herd that anyone could challenge her at any time. She was the weaker of the pair, not having a lick of fighting experience, but she had been an active leader. She had forged alliances, cleaned up messes, encouraged education in her herd and they had flourished. Now as she continued to live among the group she was living with she wanted them to flourish as well.

"Tallis was at the gathering. I assume you know at least some of what has transpired?"

"I only saw what Tallis showed me." Evangeline replied. She had seen enough to make her uncomfortable and slightly worried. "What is her name? Tallis showed her to me, the white and gold mare that he calls 'Shimmerbutt'." Her tail flicked and she shifted her weight in mild discomfort at what she would find out from the king. "He said she attacked the Falls. Is it true?"

@[Kaj]

Messages In This Thread
take a breath - by Evangeline - 05-28-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 05-29-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: take a breath - by Evangeline - 05-29-2014, 08:12 PM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 05-30-2014, 01:06 AM
RE: take a breath - by Evangeline - 05-30-2014, 10:08 PM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 05-31-2014, 12:27 AM
RE: take a breath - by Evangeline - 06-08-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 06-30-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: take a breath - by Evangeline - 07-04-2014, 12:13 AM
RE: take a breath - by Kaj - 07-29-2014, 01:33 AM